It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The missing Ark of the Covenant and its whereabouts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

here is an interview : David Wilcock interviews Graham Hancock they discuss many things one of which is the Ark,Hancock says some interesting things about the Ethiopian Ark

1 the Ark guardians live very short lives after they assume guardianship of the Ark
2 they have used the Ark in 2 wars and won them
3 Hancock himself has interviewed 2 or 3 Ark guardians about their symptoms, as he in his job as a foreign corespondent frequently found himself in the area in which the Ark is kept

interesting interview

Hmmmm; Might The Lord not be dealing unto them His Wrath for treading where Angels don't go and telling porky pies (lies) and worshipping idols at the centre of Ethiopian Christianity? There is a warning about not tampering with true Scripture at the end of Revelations. Could also be Radon gas like we get here in Cornwall, UK, from all the tin mining that went on here that allowed the gas to escape. People die here of cancer relating to that. There are even radon detectors in many homes here.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by Revolution9

The bible is not in anyway a record or reflection of history and this is a known fact. Its whole premis is a contradiction of history and humanity and an absolute denial of the truth and reality. This is not in question!!

Blind are the followers and believers for they not truly know what they follow or believe but are comforted by the mutton mind and experience!

get a life

get to grips with reality

when you die thats it!!! dont be afraid and look for a crutch!

That is your opinion. However, it is not mine. For historians it has been a very useful tool indeed. You will find many articles here on the internet and many archaeologists and historians who state that the Bible is historically very acurate and can be cross referenced. I know there are many scholars, too, who will say it does not have any historical significance and is total myth.

Following Spritual ways does not mean one fears death and oblivion. Christian martyrs proved that. You have your view point and others have theirs. Just the way it is.

" Two thousand years of history cannot be wiped so easily" - Robert Nesta Marley.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: clarity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You wont find it in any street corner skip but thats where such a load of b.ll..ks belongs!

Follow bible babble and you will forever be looking for empytiness!

Reality is something you can hang on too but myth and balony has not rope or anything to grasp!!!!

the bible has been verified historically accurate on numerous subjects and figures and I believe caiaphus' nieces' grave was found about a month or two ago. Yeah....and forget the romans and their pesky historical records..... Thats all fairy tales huh....

edit on 20-9-2011 by Victor03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Its not accurate history though. Which is really quite sad. If people just concentrated on the "love one another" message then that would be cool, but as they say, the devil is in the detail, and this is where it all falls down once they start taking literally what was written down thousands of years ago, edited and changed to suit the leaders agendas at various points in history.

There are no original, unedited texts from that time. And I find it convenient how the original tablets that were supposedly written by god himself got destroyed. There is not a shred of concrete evidence to support the existence of the ark. It is being extremely well hidden if it does exist, but its more than likely it does not. Besides I bet it pales into insignificance compared with the technology we use now. Back then, any technology would have been "supernatural" to the masses, but now, its trivial.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

"Love one another as I have loved you"! Jesus spoke those words. Jesus came to fulfill the prophecies of prophets through the genrations. I believe in Jesus and The Prophets. You perhaps don't.

I have seen this Message and I know in my heart no man could have carried this Tradition. It goes against our nature and would have perished long ago. It is being guarded super naturally I assure you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

did not the cu#es have a red mark tattood between their shoulderblades?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

did not the cu#es have a red mark tattood between their shoulderblades?

Did they? I do not know. Did it have a significance? I would be interested in anything you know about this. I only know my little bit because I did a lot of Bible study and African study.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The bible has been heavily edited, mistranslated many times, and IMHO, can only be used as an anecdotal reference when trying to find historical accuracy.

It is filled with metaphors, symbolism and double meanings.
To use it soley as a historical record would be inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Victor03

Accuse me for this but you are very transparent as a jump on the bandwagon twerp!

Ouch!! And enjoy your living belief lie. The foolish idiocy of humans is most definately beyond me. But thats not surprising when you consider that 60 % of humans dont reside or live their lifes in the realm of reality!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck with your life constraining beliefs in bunkum!

Please, I mean only to be respectful, but you feel this way and many people feel the same way. However, many people cherish the Holy Bible. Can you not accept that we all live differently and believe differently? Just because you think what you think does not alienate me from you. I would care as much for your wellbeing as I would somebody who believes as I do. Guess who taught me the beauty of that??? JESUS! He is a great Teacher of true humanity.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Some interesting stuff which may help you in the following book:

Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark: Amazing Revelations of the Incredible Power of Gold by Laurence Gardner

Amazon link

Gardner's contention is that the Biblical Ark of the Covenant was in reality: a capacitor that made it a powerful and deadly weapon, a superconductor that allowed it to levitate above ground, and a machine for manufacturing a substance called "Mfkzt" by the ancient Egyptians, "manna" by the Hebrews, and the "philosophers stone" by alchemists.

He does state his idea of where the ark is today, but you have to read the book to understand his reasons.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

My personal opinion is that it's in Ethiopia.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

from what ive read, they had a 'cross' - X ,in red between their shoulderblades. perhaps for tribal reasons,but it intersesting to know that the templars built alot of churches in ethiopia,and they have a red cross on their clothing! X, not the christian cross. the scottish explorer james bruce brought the first copy of the book of Enoch from ethiopia,to the west. and yes he has templar ties. Bruce was a freemason! in the 1800's,some french freemason introduced the order of Enoch to the craft. Holy history batman! it is well known the templars excavated solomon's stables. what were they looking for? the ark?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You answer your own deep question by the very fact that you have to impose you diluded feeling upon me.

Be happy in your belief but dont expect others to consider what your believe to have any credance in the realm of reality! People see and experience what they do which is their reality not yours and tyring to convince them that their perspective is not correct is futile and rightly so.

Believe what you will. No one is responsible for people being crutch clasping fools!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

My guess is that it was "raptured" out of here before the fall of Jerusalem around 400 BC. That or Nicolas Cage has it....
edit on 20-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: nic

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

from what ive read, they had a 'cross' - X ,in red between their shoulderblades. perhaps for tribal reasons,but it intersesting to know that the templars built alot of churches in ethiopia,and they have a red cross on their clothing! X, not the christian cross. the scottish explorer james bruce brought the first copy of the book of Enoch from ethiopia,to the west. and yes he has templar ties. Bruce was a freemason! in the 1800's,some french freemason introduced the order of Enoch to the craft. Holy history batman! it is well known the templars excavated solomon's stables. what were they looking for? the ark?

Thanks for that. I did not know this. So that's good info to have.

Freemasonry is most fascinating as it is again tied to so much of our history. Was it James Bruce who came upon The Book of Enoch, wow. That book is amazing. Amazing, too, that the Ethiopian, Dead Sea Scrolls and the Slavik versions all are the same, though from completely different areas and times. I know that Jesus and His Disciples quoted Enoch often and many scholars believe the book was very popular and in circulation at that time in the region. I do believe that we should have some faith in true scholars and translators. Freemasonry has an amazing history. It is more than most would realise. Not all bad, either. Corruption creeps into every avenue of human experience. Freemasonry can't be blamed on that account.

I wonder if the Templars did ever find any true relics? I wonder, too, if there are some secrets being held about this and that some men do know about these relics.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In addition to the theories you mentioned there's also a theory that the Ark is housed in the myriad passages below the Temple Mount (the Temple Mount now houses the Muslim "Dome of the Rock" shrine, but is believed to be the site of the 1st and 2nd temples). It's my understanding that the Jews believe the Ark is still there and in fact know exactly where it is, and that they would love to extract it. But they obviously can't because the Muslims control the Temple Mount and absolutely would not allow the Jews to do any digging in, under or around it. Some believe that in the End Times the Jews will regain control of the Temple Mount and will extract the Ark from the underground passages. The Bible foretells that the Jews will build a 3rd temple, and interestingly, the Jews have quietly been fabricating all of the priestly garments and gold temple appurtenances for many years now and have also been training the temple priests. Basically they have everything ready to resume temple worship, they just need to build the temple itself. There are also rumors that they have prefabricated portions of the temple itself, if so then construction could take place rather quickly. The Temple Institute has a web site here: www.templeinstitute.org... They have pictures of all of the temple appurtenances and priestly garments that they've already fabricated. Many Christians are aware of the prophecies regarding the 3rd temple, but have no idea how far the Jews have already moved towards this goal.

Regarding the theory that the Ark was destroyed, this is highly unlikely. The Jews considered it the most sacred and holy relic of all, and they went to great lengths to protect it. If they thought there was any chance it would be taken, they would have moved it into hiding before the threat arrived. When the Romans sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD, when they entered the inner temple they reported that it was completely empty. All the temple implements had been removed and hidden and remain hidden to this day. It is unknown if the Ark was hidden along with the implements, there is debate over whether the Ark was ever in the 2nd temple at all. But, it is clear that the temple priests were quite good at hiding things if a threat was approaching and whether the Ark was hidden during the 1st or 2nd temple era is immaterial, the bottom line is that it was indeed hidden.

There's another theory that it's buried in Giza, perhaps under the Sphinx. It's an interesting theory because there are rumors that foreign bearded men came to Egypt to assist in the design and construction of the pyramid complex.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Try the local tip if youre looking for an ARK

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

the slavic versions of the book of enock were deemed unreliable,or miss translated at best. the bruce version is the accepted version. another book from ethiopia you might enjoy is the 'book of the mysteries of the heavens and earth', translated by the late E.A. Wallis Budge. he was the head of egyptian antiquities in the early 1900's. he also translated the 'egyptian book of the dead' excellent teacher!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The bible is not in anyway a record or reflection of history and this is a known fact. Its whole premis is a contradiction of history and humanity and an absolute denial of the truth and reality. This is not in question!!

People like you spent hundreds of years citing examples such as the fact that Pontius Pilate was not mentioned anywhere except the Bible, and that someone of his status would surely be mentioned in Roman writings and the fact that he wasn't was proof that he never existed and therefore the Bible is not historically accurate. Then in 1961 the Pilate Stone was discovered. Oops. Let's just be clear, you are not a skeptic, you are a cynic. Skeptics can be reasoned with, but cynics are just interested in pushing a personal agenda. Case in point:

Blind are the followers and believers for they not truly know what they follow or believe but are comforted by the mutton mind and experience!!!

Hate much?

when you die thats it!!! dont be afraid and look for a crutch!

Afraid? Crutch? Dude, death doesn't scare me in the least. And I would love the atheist death of nothingness, sounds quite comforting. Eternal rest sounds pretty good compared to the rat race I've lived for my 50+ years. But that's not in the cards, and I don't need the Bible to know that. Open your mind and look inward, the answer is there. But you'll never find it if you don't first seek it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join