It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Pill...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
After avidly lurking for the past few months I have finally decided to join the family! I originally had no intention of ever making a profile due to the overabundance of trolls here. But alas I have read too many threads that I feel I could have made a positive contribution to.
I consider myself a skeptic in most cases, as in "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." With that said I am very open minded to almost any idea but require a little more evidence than some yayhoo posting on youtube. I have little use for trolls and will not likely respond to them in any form. I feel that religion is a personal matter and no one else's business but your own. That includes atheistic views as well, promotion of free thinking is admirable but I have no place in my heart for atheists that commit the same mind-numbing attacks on people for no other reason than a difference in beliefs that the organized religions are so well known for. I will not asks questions about your religion and will in kind not respond to any questions about mine. With that disclaimer said please allow me to give you a brief overview of my stance on the popular topics.

Aliens: I believe they are a distinct possibility and if they exist are very likely conducting many of the abductions reported by many people but I don't necessarily agree with their conclusions as it is all highly speculative until I speak to one in person. Even then who is to say that said aliens could not just lie to us?

Demons: Some would say they are one in the same with the previously mentioned aliens. I am still on the fence with this one, it is impossible to prove or disprove their existence as it is entirely faith based observation that I tend to steer away from.

Shadow Government: I believe it is a major likelihood that something of this sort exists. Again it is all speculation as to who the powers truely are but there can be many inferences made if you just follow the money. It doesn't take much of a stretch when you see ever government, right or left, systematicly making the decisions that yield no result other than further injuring already wounded masses of all nations.

Patriotism: I am a firm believer in the ideals The United States of America was founded upon. This however doesn't mean that I harbor any faith in the government. Our forefathers constructed our Constitution in order to protect us from governments like what ours is now. I often wonder if we are passed the point of no return with the degradation and molestation of our once beautiful nation.

Apocalypse: I often question whether I would think the world would be better or worse for it. I immediately feel guilty for entertaining the thought, what would it be like to live in a world without dreams and how could anyone hope that so many would suffer. At the same time it often looks like that may be the only thing that is capable of saving our species; the utter anihilation of all the we hold dear in order to eventually rebuild a more perfect society. Is the gain worth the cost?

Recent trends: Everyone talks about it and everyone has a heated opinion on it, I'm sure you know what I speak of: Elenin (or Nibiru). I think discussion of the topic is an excersize in futility as either tptb are giving us completely accurate information or they are intentionally disinforming us. To speculate is a waste of everyone's time. Nothing poisons a thread quicker than Nibiru or touchy feely light aliens come to save us. It is quite a statement when everyone wearing a foil hat looks at these people and says "Wow you are nuts!"

If I missed any important topics feel free to suggest them and I will give my completely unprofessional opinion. I thank you all for making room for me in this completely disfunctional but absolutely loveable family, and I look forward to contributing to such a glorious example of our First Amendment.
edit on 19-9-2011 by trollslayer because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trollslayer

Wow I apologize for the wall of text, I guess I got a little carried away
I hope it doesn't scare too many of you away

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your introduction. I hope you have an enlightening time here, I like you're thinking... If everyone ignores a troll, is it still a troll?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trollslayer

This is no block of text that is hard to read, so a wall of text is definetly appreciated. This is a prime example of what a thread on ATS should be in fact. Please see the guidelines. You broke it up nicely and had plenty to say.
You sound truthful and a bit naive at the same time so IMO your perfecto for ATS.

So here's a memo for you. I'm sure you will get the message.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 19-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think a little bit of naivety can be a good thing. I like to think of it as idealistic. Do you mind if I ask what strikes you as naive?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollslayer
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think a little bit of naivety can be a good thing. I like to think of it as idealistic. Do you mind if I ask what strikes you as naive?

Mostly, your expectations and guidelines you've set in the arena of faith I guess. This place has a way of testing even the strongest faith. There is a member here "Facelift", he would most likely enjoy your screen name very much.
edit on 20-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Welcome. Nice username

new topics

top topics

join