It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would God do this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My brother had a funky electrical outlet that was causing him duress and fearing bad wiring, he decided to have it cut off. My dad is an electrician so he did the basic procedure, cutting the wires and putting a cap on them. Afterwards, for decoration, my brother stuck a Virgin Mary nite light in the socket.

Now several weeks later, the nite light has turned on 3 times, for several hours at a time, with no electrical current! And here's the kicker, each time it has turned on, someone he knows dies. Thankfully, no family members but co-workers and clients.

I find this more than just a coincidence. But my question is why? I don't think I'd want any forewarning.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

well id hate to know this guy because apparently theres a high chance im going to die.
thats a lot of people dying.
but seriously theres no proof so this obviously isnt true
this is harder to believe than any ufo story ive ever heard
when are theists going to get a brain?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That's why I sleep with a Batman nightlight.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Whatever dude, I'm just a lonely troll looking for attention. Seriously, does anyone have any insight? Being called a faker on the internet, well. I just don't have time for that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well, as my Dad used to say,

"Because I can."

No explanation needed afterwards...unless you wanted to get smote.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

well give me some proof and im more than willing to listen
even if your telling the truth
theres a million logical reasons for this

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I have a suggestion to make. Tell him to use a multi-meter and test the other plug of the outlet the next time this turns on. Obviously it should read 0 or some background in the decimals. I'd formally test that before assuming anything more. You may really have something here...but systematically crossing off the most likely things would probably help.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What makes you think God is doing it? Isn't the nightlight of the Virgin Mary?

Honesltly, I think your Dad needs to take this outlet apart again and check to make sure he capped the wires correctly. This sounds like a fire hazard to me!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

well give me some proof and im more than willing to listen
even if your telling the truth
theres a million logical reasons for this

Sure, I'll get pictures the next time it happens, if I live to tell about it. But really, you call me a theist and are all rude. I'm more logical and rational than the next guy, just a bit freaked out by the situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Are you Catholic? If so, the Mother Mary nite lite dosn't need electricity. And God has nothing to do with this.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Even though the power is off to the switch there could be enough residual current from outside factors to cause the night light to glow,dimly.
As for people dying due to the light? Is that what you propose?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good idea, we did have a look at it ourselves, and both sockets are capped.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
maybe the virgin mary is having a rough time on her period this month so shes pissed off.
that was wrong in so many ways i kno but sorry culdnt help it.

on a serious note: you could have something or it could be nothing. I would suggesst checking the outlet agian to make sure there is no power going to it. You can also ditch the nightlight and replace it with another one to see if that changes anything. have to admit though if it is a coincidence it is a strange coincidence

but I can assure you it is not a God thing doing this.
edit on 19/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My brother is Catholic. I was just wondering why he might getting a "heads up" so to speak. I'd rather not know if someone I care about is gonna die.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I apologise for my scepticism...

But to say the deaths are related, to a night-light turning on...Is a bit of a stretch of the imagination, no?

However, I always enter a thread with an open-mind.

This isn't a joke...but how about doing up the circuits & removing the night-light, if you or your brother really are worried, that this is all linked?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
maybe its something along the lines of the deathscream. a forewarning. It just happens ike tht sometimes if youd like more info i have a thread on it i started

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Yea I told him to get rid of it but he's afraid to. I might just take it myself.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
he shuld be afraid of not getting rid of it. it could have had some witchcraft spell done over it

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
While not a licensed electrician ( or plumber) I have to know house wiring, plumping, soldering and a few other kills for AC and Heating. I have 20 years experience in the field as a installation and repair technician.

Many many times I have put a meter of something I KNEW should have been dead only to find there is voltage. This can happen in single phase or 3 phase circuits. Most often somewhere along the lines there is a feedback to ground or a neutral wire that's picking up power. depending on how this happens if may never effect the circuit in a negative way, your meter won't show there is a problem while the power is on. Sometimes you have to start from where the power comes into the home and trace every circuit to find the problem.

Do I believe The Virgin Mary is causing the nightlight to light up? No. She's dead. Has been for over 2000 years.. Her immortal spirit may live in on Heaven but she is at peace busy worshiping God the father and is not roaming around the earth making things happen. If she was she certainly would not be going around making things light up to signal the death of people..That's morbid, God doesn't work that way or does he waste time on parlor tricks.

edit on 19-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First, unplug the evil harbinger of death nightlight. Next consider all the ways God might try to communicate with you/ your brother- the giggle of an infant, a violent thunderstorm, a mathematical equation, soul shattering concertos, the laugh of a dog- and reconsider that a harbinger of the deaths of acquaintances nightlight may not rank. Could be coincidence, could be demons/ aliens/ bad wiring. Tell your brother, who I think you mentioned is a Catholic, to get to confession and bring the evil nightlight for priestly inspection & possible disposal.
Anyways, hope it works out, hope I don't know your bro, and thanks for the fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join