It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logic that will make your head spin

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Nothing does exist, there is nothing until you say there is something. Then it must quantify and become something. I dont think the equations of modern day physics will work because you are measuring something, you are trying to pin something on the wall and quantify it, when the very act of doing so creates that thing. You can never have an equation with a proper answer under these circumstances.

Infinity exists all around us, it only ceases to exist when we measure it (with sensors or eyeballs). The moment you do that you cause infinity to cease and spit out an answer.

How can you have a definitive answer from something when the very act of asking causes it not to exist.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is the assumption that 'things' are made out of matter, particles, solid stuff, yet scientists can't find anything solid, they haven't found any matter. They are looking for it, they have even named it but it has not been found as yet.
So it seems that the world is made of nothing. It looks like something, an appearance, color and pattern.
There is not a solid past and there is no solid future, they only appear in the present moment as a thought, a memory. Nothing is appearing presently as form.
All 'things' are 'things' because they have been named, really appearances are appearing, they appear and they are not able to appear without (your) presence.
This moment contains all there is.
It is not a thing.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

PLEASE STUDY ENTROPY LAWS AND CHAOS THEORY TO GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE YOUR POST??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Perhaps the Nothing exist by the fact of bing the enclosure the Something resides within.
Another thing it would seem that the Nothing would be a True Infinity, as it would apper the Something could never fill it.
It would also seem that there is not Something out side of the Nothing.
I could not say, there is not Nothing ouside of the Nothing.

What determins which direction a Blackhole would turn, and if looking at from oppisite side it would appear to turn clockwise and counter clockwise.
With gamma burst coming from both side, that would be the only radation coming from blackhole, where is the Hawking radation.
The Gamma Brust would only be when the Blackhole was feeding, when not feeding the Gravity is still pulling (pushing/) things toward the Blackhole, but it is not sucking anthing in to give off last burst of Gamma rays.

I don't see how the Hawking Radation would work, if it does where is the stuff, that's alot of stuff to just evaporate.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

There is no stuff!! It is all made of nothing. Stuff or 'things' are illusionary. Stuff is no more than appearances appearing. The real is what sees the appearances. The real is also not a thing (nothing).

edit on 24-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nothing is made nothing for us in our subconsciousness so we won't get too much of a headache from it. The physical world is trash. Some trash seems to be working. The physical world is not perfect but there seems to be things working in it which in reality are imperfectnessess we fit in such manner it can be used. We make use of imperfect phenomenons like lightbulbs and such. It's all just how should I call it,.. luck.

What seems to be perfect about the things we created is not perfect.

and now some thunder and lighting.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

virtual particles came from a thought. Is a thought nothing? Are thoughts just virtual particles?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epic
This isn't logic. It's a bunch of made up s***.

You know someone is stupid when despite having living proof of time, space and distance they are still trying to convince others that those three don't exist.

It might seem that way, but all is illusion, when the world melts away, and all of reality seem as a porest liquid but, yea down to earth in a present tense, all seems so real.

Till you experience warped time, space, distance things will seem matter of fact and solid, but really, they are not really there, and is not even anything there, all is a illusion, we are just players in the Grand Play of Existence, of which there are many parts to play, So enjoy yourself, the Nothing is very boring and can never be truly enjoyed except maybe some times at intermission.
edit on 28-9-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I used to look at the second hand of a clock when I was a kid and think that, as it moved towards, say the 12:00 position, that it could never be precisely ON 12:00, but could only get closer and closer to 12:00, but then, by the time it presumably got there, it would have already moved on. Later I've come to realize that this idea is like Zeno's paradox mixed with the idea of a quantum reality, because while it can't even be ON 12:00, nevertheless it passes through that position, in a jump. Perhaps at one time I could have been another Einstein, but I partied too much I guess..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

that's funny. I remember thinking of a Zeno's-type paradox while sitting in the front seat of my Mom's car at like seven years old. As I rolled up and down the window I wondered if I could move the window half way closed and then keep halving it it would technically never be closed and then focused on my thumb and index finger and wondered why I felt them touch...

Someone posted a youtube video of Amit Goswami and his talks on quantum consciousness and God which I found very compatible with my conceptual framework. Each person's individual brain is a specific frequency receiver of part of a larger consciousness field. The field is the source of being in an existential sense or something like that. More recently I've been thinking the inevitable discovery and tangible existence of other wiser more advanced sentient beings throughout the universe will put most of historical philosophy in a relevance jeopardy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Amazing how smart we all were as little gaffers eh?

I used to sit for the longest time, moving my finger this way and that, or not at all, and thinking to myself who was the one making the choice, and when was the choice made, and could it be recalled. Now I discover, from people like Goswami, that I was toying around with the idea, not just of free will, but of the one who chooses, as a transcendant entity, now shown by some interpretations of modern QM to be a non-local, holographic phenomenon ie: not in the "scull".. while atheists attempt to argue the point that there is no such thing AS consciousness to begin with! Ha, the legths we will go, to either find, or evade the grand realization or the "truth that sets us free".

We're getting there, bit by bit, and by the time it happens, I betcha it'll happen in a jump, all at once, and in the twinkling of an eye.

Right now, the hand is I think moving within the final hour...

edit on 28-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

... waiting for the hundredth monkey to finally get it...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I saw some good thoughts in there. Nice to see someone else is playing with Plato's forms
. I love greek philosophy, currently i'm reading Aristotle; Poetics and i've just finished The Trial and Death of Socrates, next ill be moving on to Plato's republic. The greeks had such sound logic it is ridiculous. The cool thing is, i believe if Socrates were alive today he would probably be an ATS'er, judging by his acute knowledge of what is wrong with a society. I love Plato's model of absolute democracy, now that is a perfect system if i ever saw one. (btw for those who don't know Plato was a close student and documented everything Socrates would have said had they written it down word for word, he provides examples of what Socrates would have said in a situation, so they may be thought of as the same person in a sense)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by Amaterasu

virtual particles came from a thought. Is a thought nothing? Are thoughts just virtual particles?

What leads You to claim that virtual particles are "thoughts" (or came therefrom)?

I suspect that VPs would be sprining into existance whether anyOne thought of them or not.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join