It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Canada the real secret?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I personally believe that canada is a safehouse/storage/ secret military haven for the US,why would Canada disagree with a war in Iraq and secretly send troops there without even it's own people knowing?Why is canada and the U.S quietly cooperating on a missie shield when Austraila,Japan and UK are openly for it?and why are canada and the U.S more confrontational about things like free trade,forestry and other government policies?because it's a ploy,if the U.S ever was attacked I think Canada would knowing play neutral so they wouldn't become a target ,by not becoming a target the U.S could secretly carry out it's military programs,keep it's VIP's safe and provide food and water to it's soldiers from within canada without being targeted by the enemy.It may seem far fetched but it's definitely possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Im not sure. I have relatives in Canada and they bristle at being refered to as the 54th state. There has been a history of cooperation esp on contenintal defence matters. NORAD is a case in point. Canada has tradition of independance, and I doubt that they would allow their country to be used as a defacto provence.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You nailed it right on the head. Thank god those damn Canadians won't be getting away with that.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
intrepid, I love that pic! Mind if I use it on my Blog??

As for Canada being used as a store house for secret US weaponry....I wouldn't
be surprised in the least since we are one of the USAs closest allies.

war in Iraq and secretly send troops there without even it's own people knowing?

Do you have a link to support you claim? I know a good number of people in the Canadian military and one of them told me they are allowed to volunteer to serve in Iraq(as Peacekeeper not Combantant), they can't be ordered to go.

As for our Spec forces...well doesn't the US have command of one of our Units and vice versa?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yes one of our jtf units was over there rounding up suspected terrorists. was in the news here in canada.no big secret.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
intrepid, I couldn't open the picture. Bigger question, you aren't holding out on information for us, are you???

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
intrepid, I couldn't open the picture. Bigger question, you aren't holding out on information for us, are you???

Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, you ARE our best Canadian rep!..

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
Well, you ARE our best Canadian rep!..

Best? Nah.
Craziest? No doubt!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Okay, my opinion - You are the best!

AND also, the craziest!!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
thecry,
now why did you have to let the cat out of the bag?

We truly are the best nation on earth for more than being allies with the USA.
We definitely don't need a bullseye painted on our country.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't believe this at all. If they are cooperating with the U.S. on certain ventures whether they be military or otherwise I don't think its any more than any of our other allies, though with four more years of Bush we may not have any left.

Vancouver rocks!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Quote:
I personally believe that canada is a safehouse/storage/ secret military haven for the US,why would Canada disagree with a war in Iraq and secretly send troops there without even it's own people knowing?

I'm pretty sure that what you are saying is true. I Lived In Canada and i've heard stories that tells that USA have storage facilities in northern area.
Canada have a lot of space that are not liveable area. Norad base are in those area, i know that during the cold war USA request to store some weapons in northern territories. Canada is a long time allies with USA. I see a canadian reporter that was doing an investigation concerning a Canadian spy who was buying secrets weapons to russia and give them to the USA. Military cooperation between Canada and USA exist and it's stronger than ever. For Canadian independancy, isn't it a great cover for secret military operations? If other countries see that we are a peacefull place why trying to spy on us, attack us ... What is shown on TV concerning Canada military is what Canadian government want's to show us. We have the Canada Secret services that is one of the greatest in the world. We have boats that have the latest technology in the world. Canada have the same kind of disinformation that USA have. It's just because we are right beside the USA that nobody is taking care of us.
`

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well I too do not see any secret, perhaps it appears so to non-Canadians or Canadians who are not informed. Canadians assisted in the Iraq war from day one, not under the Canadian military banner, but on loan to the US.

We would be foolish to think that there are no US weapons here given as someone else noted, Norad. As well, U.S fighters do patrol our airspace, and use the northern regions to skip across to Greenland over to the East, that too is no secret. Obviously then, the necessary heavy equipment for those fighters would have to be located in Canada. Our Maritime provinces are heavily American militarised. As for nuclear missiles, our agreement with the U.S would allow them to be strategically located in Canada. So that too should be no surprise. Regarding the missile shield, that would definitely have been a surprise a year ago if that was true then, but that was highly unlikely.

However, with the election of Paul Martin, I think most Canadains understand that he will give Bush whatever Bush wants. After all, Americans were here in Canada assisting with Martin's campaign. So, no surprise there either, and he had better keep the missile shield under wraps if he wants to retain his job.

Edited to add: Our nuclear reactor rods and whatever waste reactors generate that is turned into nuclear weapons is sent south.

[edit on 11/2/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, at least we didn't get Harper. Then we'd be annexed in two weeks.

Man, I hate canadian conservatives more than American ones.

DE

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valombre
Quote:
I personally believe that canada is a safehouse/storage/ secret military haven for the US,why would Canada disagree with a war in Iraq and secretly send troops there without even it's own people knowing?

I think this falls under "oops." We sent troops, that are still there, to Afghanistan not Iraq.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valombre
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that what you are saying is true. I Lived In Canada and i've heard stories that tells that USA have storage facilities in northern area.
Canada have a lot of space that are not liveable area. Norad base are in those area, i know that during the cold war USA request to store some weapons in northern territories.

U-betcha. I have the proof too! Who the heck do you think builds and rents all those U-Haul storage lockers?? Climate controlled now too! Probably for the bio-warfare division! This little Beaver up in Canada feels nice and safe. Love that warm fuzzy feeling...............

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Well, at least we didn't get Harper. Then we'd be annexed in two weeks.

Man, I hate canadian conservatives more than American ones.

DE

Isn't that the truth, it would be retroactive 1776 to Boot. all I can say is thank God we have more than two legitimate parties and Canadians can smell political rats better than anyone else. Our quiet nature may be deceiving to the world, but we certainly know how to take the wind out of a beligerent party with a minority government vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why wouldnt you want to be close with your boardering nations? You dont see us fighting with Mexico.

The reason that we are so close (IMO) with Canada is because, despite the beleif that Canada is weak or afraid or whatever you may think, it would have terrible consequences for us to go to war with them. It would be even more tragic for us to go to war with someone that had Canada as allies. They're right on our boarder...and invasion of Canadian's wouldnt be planes and ships coming over an ocean to take over, they'd simply come over the boarder. The same thing with Mexico. It makes perfect since for us to be so intuned with each other and using each others land.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't doubt that the U.S. has bases, or is storing "stuff" in Canada.
We all (U.S. and Canada) believe in the same sh**, we all pretty much do the same things so yea, I don't doubt it for a second.

Also, don't be suprised if Canadian troops are in Iraq

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join