It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins California GOP straw poll

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This weekend's money bomb is at $1,015,058.70, all grass roots too, not 2 or 3 big corporate donors...he truly is running FOR THE PEOPLE!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
from the flagrant misuse of the system to switch party affiliation so as to vote for a dud in the opponants primaries.

Lol this guy is a troll and a poor excuse for one, why do you guys keep him going. Just ignore him the second he enters a thread, "flagrant misuse of the system to switch party affiliation." haha the system was intentionally designed this way so people could do this. I'll remember not to reply to you in the future.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Why couldn't the other candidates supporters organize to flood the polls? Could it be because they don't have nearly as deep a following. Glad to see you're so scared that you dedicate your avatar pic solely to trying to make Dr. Paul look bad. Pull up your pants, your desperation is showing.

Thank you for pointing that out. Since they haven't been successful in finding anything of substance to discredit Ron Paul, they are resorting to attacking his supporters as a bunch of overzealous nuts. Pretty lame and laughable.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I really wish I had already registered to vote (just turned 18) and had transportation, totally would have wanted to see Ron Paul up close and shake the hand of a true American.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Actually, Perry did (with his millions of dollars of campaign money) find a way to pay for his support, we saw many large signs exactly the same placed on chrome convention stands in the path of the straw poll and a small group (no more than 20) of what seemed to be liked paid students with the same maroon shirts topped over their original clothing (business casual) with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yeah, saw the maroon shirts in one of the videos. They were just standing there slack-jawed when Ron Paul and his supporters walked through. Woulda been awesome to have been there. Hopefully he'll come to AZ sometime in the near future....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by 27jd

My personal opinion of Ron Paul is....that he is a very smart man who has a lot of wisdom...and he knows the constitution...like the back of his hand. He is more intelligent than all the candidates.

However (TPTB) that head the majority of corporations... I believe are pulling the strings with MSM. They don't want Ron Paul in office ...because they know he will not be their puppet for one second! They are afraid of him and his growing popularity. I am sure they are planning his downfall as I type this. Will they succeed? I hope not.

Ron Paul gives me hope in the political sea of lies.

Yes this a legitimate problem that Ron Paul has to overcome somehow, and it's exactly the reason we need him to win. Another problem I thought of as I was thinking how any sane person could still support any of those other clowns after hearing even a fraction of what he was about, is that the majority of people are still asleep at the wheel - which is why we now have the common term "sheeple". These people are too busy spending all their time focusing on nothing of any significance that they don't know how corrupt the system really is or how serious the problems are right now. If they did, they would support real change as well, and Ron Paul seems to be the only chance for this.

These people don't like to do any extracurricular thinking and usually rely on their emotions to make decisions. What they want is a president that makes them feel good. As far back as I can remember, all the presidents elected have had a strong presence. They could stand in front of a crowd and talk with a calming, almost hypnotizing voice and make people feel good - even if what they were saying was total gibberish. So long as they add in a few catchy slogans every so often and had a little charm, they were golden. They knew how to manipulate their mannerisms and tone of voice to make people feel good and like them.

Because Ron Paul is interested in turning this country around instead of pulling the wool over peoples eyes, he almost comes off a little high strung (which is a precursor for getting things done) because he confronts the issues, he tells it like it is and he has so many revolutionary ideas he wants to communicate usually in such a short amount of time. For that reason I think he's going to miss winning over most of the sheeple's votes that would be needed to get him into office. The problem is that most people just can't "see" someone like that as their president. Maybe if he had some coaching in that area or took some acting lessons it might help. But I just don't honestly think we've reached that hundredth monkey ready for this kind of change yet.

Anyway I hope I'm wrong and now is the time for change. I've supported him for a long time.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infrared

We'll never know when we hit the 100th monkey, until we hit it. I'm hopeful it will happen before the primaries, I say let's be positive and do all we can individually to get him in the White House.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Send him a couple bucks, you want him to get MSM attention then he has to raise the MONEY!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyCrazy

I donate to every money bomb. The one this weekend raised over a million $, there's another tomorrow being put on by the Revolution Super Pac.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

"Let the churches handle it" is such an old worn out stance. The government even got involved with the Catholics to coordinate this sort of thing. God is a lie and should play no part in government nor should the government rely on the deluded. We the people, the government, should and can organize to effectively provide for and take care of all of us. "Everyone for themselves" looks very immature from my perspective.
edit on 18-9-2011 by gentledissident because: redundancy

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Ron Paul agrees with you, government and religion should play no part with one another. Churches (and other religious organizations), however, can donate to the charitable causes that they wish to.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Ron Paul agrees with you, government and religion should play no part with one another. Churches (and other religious organizations), however, can donate to the charitable causes that they wish to.
RP doesn't agree that we need national health care. If we are going to ignore the needs of humanity and tell it to fight for survival, we should at least allow for M.A.S.H units for the casualties.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Federally mandated healthcare? with medical costs at such inflated numbers, public healthcare and insurance continuously ballooning the costs, it just can't work. After the free market regulates medical costs down more, state (reformed) healthcare could be set up in a Ron Paul administration.

A core conservative wouldn't support a federally mandated national healthcare system. Our current system proves that a medical and social safety net only allows people to let down their guards and not take personal responsibility for their actions.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Our current system proves that a medical and social safety net only allows people to let down their guards and not take personal responsibility for their actions.
What is it with you conservatives? It seems you think if life were easy we wouldn't appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Don't understand what you have against Ron Paul, he happily supports a state run healthcare system, why do you think it has to be a federal issue?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

At this point we can't afford national healthcare. The ratio of workers to retirees has gone from something like 11:1 when Social Security was created, to what will soon be 1:1. Add to that all the foreign aid, overseas military spending, what we all owe the federal reserve (over $100,000 each), state taxes to pay for our local services, etc. etc. etc. We're up s__t creek without a paddle already, and the money isn't going to be there to fund ANY social services programs soon.

Ron Paul wants to attempt to fix the healthcare system, and allow more competition by permitting nurses and naturopathic providers to take a role in routine care, which would drive the costs of routine care down so people could even pay for it themselves, and buy catastrophic health insurance for much less than a typical plan. But, in the meantime, since he has made it clear on numerous occasions that he knows he can't come in and change everything overnight, he wants to end the wars and cut spending overseas, and use half the money saved to pay down the debt, and the other half to fund Medicare, Social Security, etc. He wants to slowly transition the system and allow young people to opt out of those programs. States would be able to implement there own systems as well if the people choose to do so, as eLPresidente said. With a smaller federal government there would be more money for the state governments to implement systems that work for them.

And I'm not a "conservative", I voted for Obama last election. I'm an independent.
edit on 18-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
What is it with you conservatives? It seems you think if life were easy we wouldn't appreciate it.

So, who's to say who life should be easy for, and who should have to work to pay for it? Will there be a lottery, or drawings to pick who can sit on their asses and collect money from taxpayers who work?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Don't understand what you have against Ron Paul, he happily supports a state run healthcare system, why do you think it has to be a federal issue?
Isn't that leaving it up to the states? This needs to be mandated or life and death will be in the hands of people who think in dichotomies like,

Originally posted by 27jd
So, who's to say who life should be easy for, and who should have to work to pay for it? Will there be a lottery, or drawings to pick who can sit on their asses and collect money from taxpayers who work?

Some people think it's everyone for themselves or the few for the many. The idea of equality escapes them. I don't know if this is up bringing, or if there are subspecies of human with genetically different interpretations of reality.
edit on 19-9-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Cool, I'd like too, but I'm tight on money ATM school and car payments. However, I converted to GOP for the primaries and had my gf do the same. I spread the word too. So I do my part.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join