It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins California GOP straw poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Keep flagging guys.

This is really going somewhere. Did he win the first GOP?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

How did it make him look bad? He clearly said NO, he would NOT let him die. He even explained how the hospital he worked at never turned anybody away. He refused to accept Medicaid, and instead worked out fair payment plans, and worked pro bono for those who weren't able to pay. He not only talks the talk, he walks the walk as well. When his campaign manager fell ill with pneumonia, he was treated, but the hospital was unable to save him. Ron Paul and his campaign raised 50 thousand dollars towards his medical bill. The hospital never tried to collect the other 350 thousand, which they could only go after his estate if they did, they could not hold his family liable, as alot of articles out there LIE about. And, it's amazing how many people don't even raise an eyebrow when they hear that the hospital charged 400 THOUSAND dollars for a couple weeks of failed treatment and some antibiotics. 400 THOUSAND DOLLARS! You could buy TWO nice houses for that price. That's what government involvement in healthcare has gotten us...

edit on 18-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by dragonridr

If RP is just stacking the deck, then how come he didn't win in Iowa? What about the loss in Cain's state(crikey, where the hell was that? Wasn't that long ago). Was that even a straw poll, and if so, how come he didn't win that one either?

He won because all the others are corporate shills and he's the only one with a decent platform, and because no one else running was from that California. That seems to be the only way they can beat him so far.

More to the point how did he even place in Iowa. Straw poles mean nothing its just a chance to eat food and have a party.If you want to see where a candidate stands look at the national polls. As for Ron paul he has some great ideas many of which other candidates have adopted and hes been saying it for decades so he was the first. However he is still fringe and will all ways be that way partly because his ideas on world politics is naive at best. It may sound great for the US to sit back and let the rest of the world do whatever. But in truth we would be the only country in the world doing that all countries try to protect there interests abroad. And well hes a strict constituionalist as such he sees programs such as medicaid medicare and soc sec as unconstitutional and guess what hes right. However a society also has the responsibility to protect the less fortunate and his answer in the last debate was pretty much let them die if they don't have insurance. Is this really how you see the United States is this what you really want?

This is why Ron Paul would never be president hes so far to the right that he has 0 chance of ever being elected. The only people that dont see this are the ones thats just as far to the right as he is.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

He refused to accept Medicaid, and instead worked out fair payment plans, and worked pro bono for those who weren't able to pay.

Ya, thats him. However, he is not all doctors. Do you think they will help non-paying costumers?

That's what government involvement in healthcare has gotten us...

So... no freebies if the doctor dunint wanna

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Huh? Are you just trying to troll Paul fans?
He did perfectly fine in the last debate? If anyone should drop out after that one it would be Perry.

No, I'm not trolling at the moment.... in my opinion he did okay in the last debate, but at the same time he didn't do well either..... especially when he let them skip over him when asking about the Fed.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

How did it make him look bad? He clearly said NO, he would NOT let him die. He even explained how the hospital he worked at never turned anybody away. He refused to accept Medicaid, and instead worked out fair payment plans, and worked pro bono for those who weren't able to pay. He not only talks the talk, he walks the walk as well. When his campaign manager fell ill with pneumonia, he was treated, but the hospital was unable to save him. Ron Paul and his campaign raised 50 thousand dollars towards his medical bill. The hospital never tried to collect the other 350 thousand, which they could only go after his estate if they did, they could not hold his family liable, as alot of articles out there LIE about. And, it's amazing how many people don't even raise an eyebrow when they hear that the hospital charged 400 THOUSAND dollars for a couple weeks of failed treatment and some antibiotics. 400 THOUSAND DOLLARS! You could buy TWO nice houses for that price. That's what government involvement in healthcare has gotten us...

So your ok with relying on the good will of the hospital staff to save your life then? Please get real first in the scenario your talking about the hospital will just go oh we have all this extra money lets treat everyone for free. Look if you rely on the good will of others eventually that good will comes to an end you cant make that part of a platform for gods sake. Bottom line is if Ron paul had his way he told you it was that persons fault which is true and they must live with it. Now i ask you if someone makes a mistake and assumes they wont need health insurance because there trying to pay other bills Do you truly believe its ok to let them die or receive minimal treatment on a charity basis. I believe as Americans we can do better then that dont you?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
These straw polls mean nothing. When Paul gets demolished during the primaries, what will the Tea Party kooks and loons do then?

Vote for Rick Perry, probably

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well what is Ron Paul's plan to address the ridiculous costs of healthcare?

Saying that people should receive "charity" if they do not have insurance is not a good answer.

Wolf Blitzer set Paul up perfectly to have himself attached to those plants or peons in the audience that screamed for letting people who cannot pay die.

I do not think that Paul was for letting people die, but the people that support him gladly are for that kind of sadistic behavior. TPers are an abomination to this country.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

People should take personal responsibility for themselves, unless they are unable to. Hospitals don't turn people away. If you don't have insurance, you get a bill. If you don't pay, it damages your credit. Hospital bills can be included on bankruptcy, so if somebody fails to take responisbility, they'll have to deal with it. Ron Paul wants to do away with some of the licensing issues in healthcare, that would allow nurses and naturopaths to oversee more care, and create more competition, driving down the costs of healthcare.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by TheLoony

.... As for Ron paul he has some great ideas many of which other candidates have adopted and hes been saying it for decades so he was the first.

Other candidates have adopted, yes.
But unlike Ron, those other candidates will get into office and promptly FORGET said ideas.

I'm so sick and tired of Americans wanting with strong conviction ONLY those who will keep screwing us over. I swear it makes NO sense. Everyone who voted for Obama now can't stand him. Same with the Bush Presidents. THey all complain how life is getting harder and harder and rights are taken away and we're all losing (save the uber rich of course. Long as they're on top, the USA is 'jusssst finnnnnnne") - yet the moment someone FOR us 110% comes around, nope! Won't listen, won't understand; we want the same character in Office who will raise taxes more, close more schools, treat the jobs as something to send over seas to make profit and then take help away from thoes who LOST their jobs and became poor.

People such as yourself sicken me. You'll have NO room to complain when one of the campaigners wins. They 'adopted' Pauls ideas after saying how 'crazy' he is for having the same IDEAS they want to adopt to get the votes??????? WHY ADOPT THEM THEN? LOOOL. I mean really. I'm not that dumb - though some others must be, sadly. You know as well as I do the moment they win, alllllll those adopted, stolen ideas will never be implemented and we'll fall even lower and lower. Talk about 75% unemployed, living on food stamps and unemployment then. And what will you say then? Ron has those ideas because those ideas are what he believes in. The others? They conveniently are 'getting them' JUST to get votes. Unlike Ron, THEY have no intentions what so ever to even BEGIN to put any into action.

Ron's the ONLY candidate ever who actually got me into politics in 08. I was a precinct leader for him in my area, was going to be a delegate if possible - and im doing it this time around too. I NEVER EVER voted prior to 08 and I'm 38 years old, born and raised American. He was the one who gave me HOPE.

Sad some Americans prefer living in this kind of Country as it is right now. And that sickens me more.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Listen dude, you can talk about independence all you want. The truth of the matter is our species wouldn't have survived if we didn't watch each others backs.
More than that, the question was a yes or no.

Spend tax dollars on the man or let him die?

Answer.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Also, we're arguing his philosophical standpoints here, not his actual policy plans. He understands full well he can't come in and turn everything on it's ear. His plan is the ONLY plan that will take care of the people who are dependent on these government run programs, since we're BROKE. He wants to cut overseas tax money spending on these wars and welfare for OTHER nations, and use half of the money saved to pay down the debt, and the other half to fund Social Security, Medicare, etc.

www.ronpaul.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

My answer? Save the man, and bill him. I'm not going to play your yes or no game, because it's not rooted in reality, dude.

Ron Paul's answer? See above.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When the Gooberment put people with Ron Paul bumper stickers on there car, on the terror watch list. And the MSM constantly ignores or downright belittle his #'s. You have to be a lemming or just plain blind , not to see Ron Paul scares the PTB. I like that . The PTB have been screwing up the US for decades now. It is time for a change in direction in Gooberment. I know it, you know it. I expect to see the numbers of independent voters shrink, as they reregister republican. Will this be enough? I don't know. Ron Pauls message rings true with the young voter as well as the older ones. A lot of people are fed up with the games going on in DC. Another election were we are forced to pick the lesser of two evils, will quite possibly spell the end of the US as we know it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My answer? Save the man, and bill him. I'm not going to play your yes or no game, because it's not rooted in reality, dude.

Ron Paul's answer? See above.
You cant bill a man in a coma....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Again, NO hospital will allow somebody to die because they have no money, in fact there's a federal law against it. They can however bill the person after the fact, and many hospitals actually charge less for uninsured patients. People need insurance, there should be less expensive catastrophic options that allow patients to pay for their own routine care out of pocket, but cover catastrophic illnesses.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

They don't bill you when you're in the bed, do you even know how hospitals work? They bill you upon discharge...if the man dies, they have the option to go after his estate, but if he has none then it's a loss.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Of course some of his ideas are good but even a stopped watch is right twice a day!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Related article...

Ron Paul, the New GOP Frontrunner

www.whiteoutpress.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't think you have any clue what his actual policy plans are, opposed to his philosophical beliefs that are firmly rooted in the Constitution. Are you the same dragonridr that said he was a veteran? Not sure if you are, but you took an oath to defend the piece of paper that Ron Paul's ideas are based on. More veterans and active duty military support Ron Paul than ANY of the other candidates, including Obama.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join