It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need Something New in a President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Since the two main political parties have little in any ideas for a plan that would actually work to help our economy and they needlessly argue about ideology that has ANY import in the real world.....it is time for something new.

I would really like to see someone run who is FISCALY CONSERVATIVE but SOCIALY LIBERAL. YES....a FREEKIN' MODERATE....as is the idealism of the majority of Americans. I think the biggest joke of all is supporters of both sides...cheering on their favorite candidate as if they were a Football team. At least a person can get some satisfaction out of watching the game as apposed to an upset stomach watching these political loosers.

I want my country to cut spending in areas that spending can be cut....and I want a balanced budget. At the same time....it is time to stop dictating to people what they can or cannot do in the bedroom or with their bodies. Yet....a certain amount of common sence should be used when determining a persons right to harm others just because a certain interpretation of the bill of rights is used.

And lastly....KEEP RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS. The only thing that religion has ever done is to whip people into a killer rage. BIGGEST MORON ON THE PLANET.....a rightious man who lives by a thick book rather than thinks for himself. Split Infinity
edit on 17/9/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It ain't ever going to happen.

The government is ran by capitalist interests, and they will always put someone in who will not change that.

We go on year after year hoping for a president who will do the right thing, may as well wait for hell to freeze over.

Nothing changes! Voting is a scam, the people have no voice. We need to realise our own power and make those changes ourselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
We need a president with compassion and empathy. We need one who has no party affiliation is for the people. We need to find someone the people TRULY elect. Someone who is not rich and intelligent as well. We need someone who has lived in poverty for even a short time to know what it is like to struggle. Too bad I could not run. (LOL). I have a lot of the answers but I am just not ready for that. I am more of a writer or someone who inspires others.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It took me a while to figure this one out
Most of the country are generally fiscally con and socially lib...so, I always found it interesting that there is no real representation for this overall...if anything, we tend to get lots of the opposite (socially conservative and fiscally liberal).

Finally I figured it out...the issue is that its almost impossible to be both..like wanting to be thin physically but have your food consist of high calorie ingredients.

A liberal is someone whom wants some (but not limited to) of these programs:
Environmental help (programs to curb pollution, reforestation, clean waters)
Elderly caretaking (medicare, medicade, social security, and other programs to honor the elders)
General education (high standards public education, everyone whom wants going to university)
Social net (basics of life provided for everyone in need, food, shelter, clothing)
etc...
All these programs are in their own right worthy of what is claimed to be the best nation on earth
But
all these programs do cost money...which means income is required...taxes, and then spending..this is liberal fiscal understandings...you can't say your a social liberal, then cut welfare, social security, education grants, etc...it doesn't work...just sitting back as a politician and flashing the peace sign while you do nothing to progress (hense the word progressive) the civilization past the issues of 3rd world nations makes you not a liberal, it makes you a empty suit.

Conservatives are a bit easier, but also (in my opinion) the party of the damned
Let the people keep all their money, to hell with social programs
If gramps made some bad investments, good luck on the streets, government will give you nothing
Education? sure...if you can afford it, else grab a shovel and hope a machine doesn't replace you as a ditch digger
Hungry? Eat a roach
Costs far less with this model, and there is more "freedom" with your own money...government is so minimal that they are lucky to put out a literal fire in their own tiny office building...much less a proverbial fire in the nation. Socially conservaitve people are people whom do not want income going to the government for others...the old strawman is brought up "rob peter to pay paul" to explain the simplistic statements.
Money should not be going to the government in their model, it should be given to the rightful owners...the corporations

So yes, although many suggest they are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, I would suggest there is no such thing. I think what many people are saying is they are socially liberal and responsibly fiscal..meaning spend lots of resources restructuring and removing the insane corruption and middlemen from tax dollar to what it pays for. aka, a smarter government.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
how about a remote controlled explosive so if he ****s up like the rest...............................

BOOM!!

edit on 17-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
yep

i agree with no such thing as fiscally conservative and socially liberal

its and either or proposition if your not thinking about the money and if you aint got the money

the current state of the union exists where everyone

is broke it may sound cold it may sound mean but it is always about the money

whose got it
who works for it
who thinks they are owed it
who thinks it grows on trees.
edit on 17-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

As President I would be cutting the budget, and putting the money where it needs to go. the deficit. I make a budget at my home. Many of you do the same. Why should we tolerate a government who can't even make a budget that doesn't involve spending what you don't have on a war that the tax payers don't want. And as far as keeping religion out of politics. I'm Atheist. I don't care of others believe or not but it shouldn't be the basis for decisions that are going to affect an entire nation.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
how about a remote controlled explosive so if he ****s up like the rest...............................

BOOM!!

edit on 17-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

ok, but I get to hold the detonator and use my personal measuring stick as to what I deem effing up...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

no, no, no - that's when we get to be a democracy and vote. only difference is our vote will actually count.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I remember living in a cramped hotel room with my brother sister mother and stepfather. I've been at the door a poverty. I'm not rich now but I get by. The only problem is I can't run for President until 2024 unless for some reason the people stand up and demand I'm put into office. But there is about as much a chance of that happening as me getting elected when when I am old enough

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

close..
but you need to understand that presidents and politicans are just public relations..
try to imagine a pr for a big company..could they go against what the company says? no. its just the same for politicans.
even if they know whats right they cant keep their job and tell people at the same time, they need to stick by what the party says is right.
so no perfect president is ever going to come im afraid.
what we need is a new system of government. not ruled by money
see
humans have great ideas, but with great ideas comes responsibilty..humans genreally take good ideas and twist them for personal gain or to have power over others.

alas the idea of a true power of the people is a paradox much like most things in our human world.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would really like to see a President do the ONE THING that could create jobs. SMALL BUISNESS INCENTIVES AND LOANS. Small buisness is responsible for over 80% of all jobs in the country yet BOTH PARTIES HAVE DONE NOTHING....to help it.

The GOP panders to the Corps and the Dems have made it a case of HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN! If you happen to be a state or federal employee. There is no way to create jobs by adding more state and fed employees...nor can you count on any big corp to create jobs.....by giving the tax cuts...substities....and general bail out money.

Both parties should be tared and feathered. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

i voted Ralph Nader 2 times...because he was a buster-upper of Corporate power and Union power

in the next cycle i will vote for either a Donald Trump, business manipulator
or a Ron Paul, extremist against the status quo

either candidate is right up my line of thinking.... besides let's unseat the pampered, overpaid, incumbants

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My mail carrier is making...with overtime...$103,000 a year doing a job a 12 year old kid could. Where I live we have a turnpike that state employees making $78,000 a year....sit in a booth....and hand out a ticket to drivers! A machine could do this job! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am predicting this will end up being a Ron Paul thread. any others out there agree with me that is the likely outcome?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
politicians using religion to get votes is like me using your name and address and robbing banks.

you can't blame Christianity for the evil people do. anybody who claims to be a Christian and wants to nuke iran is full of sh-t.

and you get a real politician who is a Christian and practices what he preaches, like ron paul and everybody ignores him and tries to hijack him.

a roman catholic tried to save america 50 years ago and he was shot in the head, he didn't get the chance. now another catholic is trying to right americas wrongs and is fighting pure evil to get the chance and is running into heavy opposition.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

ummm, where do you live because personally, I'm strugglin'. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How about just get rid of both Democrats and Republicans altogether? Yes?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is the people that they funnel money to.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Who says that most Americans are socially liberal? Some fiscal conservative Repubs are pro-Choice but Pro-gun. Apparently some liberals have guns too, so why do they tend to paint conservatives with the stereotype of hillbilly bob with a gun and teeth missing? This stereotype is presented in Hollywood, but who gets mad and screams over that lack of PC civility? Everyone is an individual with different ideas and experiences. Americans have been sold a bill of goods on some issues. The media steers the cultural tendencies of Americans with ads and movies, news, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join