It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help building gameing pc please.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
well they gave out the system specs for bf3....

uk.pc.ign.com...

Weird this one say 560 recommended

And this one says 460
bf3blog.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

well they gave out the system specs for bf3....

uk.pc.ign.com...

Weird this one say 560 recommended

And this one says 460
bf3blog.com...
Isnt that the beta requirements?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ok with it saying required GPU a gtx 560 does that mean if i bought the GTX 560Ti it would be able to run on max settings?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is battlefeild bad company 2
forums.vgrequirements.info...

I know it takes 2 GTX 260's to run every thing on high settings(not including AA)

So more then likely no it wont if the 560 is the recommended and not the 460. You are on a budget, in the long run, if you are not happy with the settings you can scrape some cash together and buy a used 560 when the price goes down.

Or like I said get a older generation GPU that will run every thing on max but it will not be in DX11 it will be in DX10. Not much of a difference but still enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Yes.

I have a 560Ti OC from Gigabyte and it is the Dogs. To be honest, I think it is overpowered and it will be a while before games come out that really stretch it. I currently play Battlefield BC2 on full settings, get a frame rate that is smoother than a babies bum and the GPU core temp is hovering just above 50c in my poorly ventilated case.

Best bang for buck would be to get yourself a Quad intel CPU (not dual core..urrgh) or any flavour, a 560Ti or better card, 4GB RAM and your laughing for at least a year when you might want to stick some more RAM in. The GC should be good for 2 years before you start to see it challenged.

I've been running a Q9400 with 4GB RAM for 2 years now and the only thing I have had to upgrade was the GC, from a 9800GTX to the 560Ti OC. Made a world of difference. I expect I will have to upgrade the GC again before having to do anything to the CPU or RAM.

That said, I do plan to upgrade my mobo and get some faster RAM and possibly an i7, but they are just beefed up Quads anyway and you don't notice any improvement gameplay wise between a Quad and an i7. It's all down to the GC baby....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I know it takes 2 GTX 260's to run every thing on high settings(not including AA)

So more then likely no it wont if the 560 is the recommended and not the 460. You are on a budget, in the long run, if you are not happy with the settings you can scrape some cash together and buy a used 560 when the price goes down.

You can get a new 560 Ti OC for less than £200 (got mine for a snap at £179 from scan.co.uk). It eats BFBC2 for breakfast and still has room for brunch

Bang for buck, the 560 is possibly the best card on the market right now. Go for a 580 and it's twice the price and anything in the 6xx range requires a mortgage.

Anything ATI is just a paperweight, but that's my own bias there. Nvidia all the way! Wooo!

Or like I said get a older generation GPU that will run every thing on max but it will not be in DX11 it will be in DX10. Not much of a difference but still enough.

Sorry, but the is a WORLD of difference between DX10 and DX11, not least that DX10 is a halfway bastard child between DX9 and DX11.

DX11 has a lot to offer and nothing at the moment or the near future is even utilising it to it's fullest.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Yes.

I have a 560Ti OC from Gigabyte and it is the Dogs. To be honest, I think it is overpowered and it will be a while before games come out that really stretch it. I currently play Battlefield BC2 on full settings, get a frame rate that is smoother than a babies bum and the GPU core temp is hovering just above 50c in my poorly ventilated case.

Best bang for buck would be to get yourself a Quad intel CPU (not dual core..urrgh) or any flavour, a 560Ti or better card, 4GB RAM and your laughing for at least a year when you might want to stick some more RAM in. The GC should be good for 2 years before you start to see it challenged.

I've been running a Q9400 with 4GB RAM for 2 years now and the only thing I have had to upgrade was the GC, from a 9800GTX to the 560Ti OC. Made a world of difference. I expect I will have to upgrade the GC again before having to do anything to the CPU or RAM.

That said, I do plan to upgrade my mobo and get some faster RAM and possibly an i7, but they are just beefed up Quads anyway and you don't notice any improvement gameplay wise between a Quad and an i7. It's all down to the GC baby....
Thanks man
well im looking at the 6x core amd processor that should do me for a year or 2 and if i buy the GTX 560TI ill be buying them in SLI becouse from the benchmarks ive seen of them being stress tested at stupid screen resolutions and ultra high settings they have been winning the GTX 580 and ATI 6950 heres the link www.hardwareheaven.com... if i get 2 i think it should last me a few years especialy if they can run bf3 on max settings easily nothings gunna come close to that game graphics wise for a few years easily

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok i THINK ive found the parts for the pc should i post the links see what you think and what could improve?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Go for it mate

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.overclockers.co.uk...

www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_cp_computers_2

Well thats it other than the keyboard and mouse.

This is a alternative graphics card ill just have to wait a few weeks to buy it becouse im buying a marine reef aquarium but then atleast then i could SLI it in the future www.overclockers.co.uk...

Btw the GTX 560TI would be in SLI
edit on 22-9-2011 by LvSLoLo because: added GTX 560TI

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well thats it other than the keyboard and mouse.

This is a alternative graphics card ill just have to wait a few weeks to buy it becouse im buying a marine reef aquarium but then atleast then i could SLI it in the future www.overclockers.co.uk...

Btw the GTX 560TI would be in SLI
edit on 22-9-2011 by LvSLoLo because: added GTX 560TI

I am glad you posted this, you cannot do SLI with that motherboard. The power supply you posted is crap and will probably be dead in a few months. You want to get a good power supply that is 80 plus certified and SLI ready. Like this one.
www.newegg.com...

Are going to buy a heat sink now? Or you going to wait?

edit on 22-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is there a montherboard you would recommend?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Is there a montherboard you would recommend?

I cant say that I know of any off the top of my head in your price range. You will have to look, just make sure that it says in the specs that it can support SLI. For starters it need to have 2 16X pci E slots, the one you listed only has one. Remember just because it has 2 16x PCI E slots does not mean its SLI capable. It all so needs to be compatable with your ram. So the board needs to support DDR3 1600mhz ram.

Do not get that power supply, you will end up wasting money having to buy another one, trust me on this. Another problem with cheap power supply's is that they do not out put enough power. It says its a 750w power supply but does it supply all the power the cards need? CHEAP Power supply's can be a big issue with graphic card performance. 750 is plenty for those 2 cards but the rails on the supply will be jumpy and give you jumpy performance with you cards.
edit on 22-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

An ASUS P5N-D or it's equivalent will do the job nicely mate.

A solid mobo and a good price too.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I will also point out that first, there isn't really a need to SLi 2 x 560's just yet. It's like attacking a child with an armoured division and a tiger. Might as well save your money and do that later.

Also, each 560 requires two power connectors from your PSU, rather than the one you may be used to on older cards. So if you were going SLi, you would need to make sure that the PSU had FOUR molex connectors and be able to actually make them fit onto the cards.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
How about this? www.overclockers.co.uk... and this is a power supply i found www.overclockers.co.uk... defonatly want SLI for bf3 just incase
edit on 23-9-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject
You cant use a non DX11 card to max out any newer game... think about it for a second.. if you cant turn on DX11 you are lowering the quality....

DX11 introduced a lot of new graphical abilities, it is a necessity for new games especially BF3, and Diablo 3 etc.

If you have the money to get a super powerful power supply then Nvidia is a good choice, but also requires better cooling efficiency... trust me, Overall with a more limited budget, ATI is the way to go....

He does not have the money. Its up to him. Does he want to sacrifice performance for some eye candy? I would rather the game run smoother on highest settigns with out DX11 then run choppy with DX11..

In the OP, he said he wanted MAX settings on BF3... DX10 = NOT MAX SETTINGS... thats all Im getting at...

The 480 is a grate card. Reviews are only good to a certain extent. ATI will put out reviews bashing nvidia and Nvidia will put out reviews bashing ATI. The only thing you need to look at is performance. For get what some one else has to say. Go to youtube videos and look at the FPS in a popular graphic demanding game such as GTA4 or crysis. Do not forget to check out craiglist, when the 8800gtx was a $600 card, I got one on used craiglist for $150 and it was only used once for some kind of game expo.
edit on 21-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

I agree as far as the game running great is more important than looks..... but if your trying to say get a DX10 card and run it on max, you are kinda kidding yourself here... Yes you can run on the MAX settings that that card allows, but it will be far less quality than what DX 11 does...

If it were me, I would save up money for a couple more weeks/months to get the proper card instead of dropping money on a card that has already been replaced months ago. While saving, I would be looking at all the sales that various companies put on around Thanksgiving, and be checking Craigslist/Ebay for people that are hurting for money selling their semi-new gear.

Its a lot of work to get the system just like you want it, but if you take your time and do it right, you will be much happier when all is said and done.

edit on 23-9-2011 by longtermproject because: Boo Boo

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Ok well is this up to specs?

Looks good, I forgot to tell you about this. The card you picked only has 1gb of ram. You have a 24" monitor and you will be running it in HD so you will need more video ram. Just because you have 2 cards and bolth of them have 1gb each does not mean you have 2gb of video ram. The cards have to sync together so it will act as if you only have 1gb of video ram. It will help your performance but it will cost you a little extra cash. 2gb card
www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1316816085&sr=1-1
edit on 23-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Lol great a extra £110 on sli graphic cards...what if i got a 21, 22, 23 inch monitor?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join