It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I understand. It's theoretical in this instance.

However, there is something inherently wrong with people telling a stranger on the internet to more or less commit murder based on said stranger's dreams and premonitions. I'm thinking this thread is a fascinating (or not
) look into human psyche and social media/internet forums.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
there is something inherently wrong with people telling a stranger on the internet to more or less commit murder based on said stranger's dreams and premonitions.

Would it be inherently wrong for people to tell a stranger on the internet to more or less commit murder based on other inputs more socially accepted?

ETA: I think the answer is "yes it would". Remember that OP is asking the question "What would you do?"
edit on 18/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Merk that jigga. Seriously I am going to blame you if this happens in 7 years.

7 years was the time span of this man's life in the experience... It is not the time we have remaining before he carries out his plan... There are variables in that depending on the choices you make.

FYI ... Carry on.

This opportunity is gone in about 41.5 hours....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If I could go back in time I wouldn't kill Hitler. The reason is by killing him you have no way of knowing that you are sparing someone who may become ten times worse than he was.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

However, OP keeps increasing the urgency in why this needs to be done, even counting down the time.

My post stands as it is my opinion that this is jacked up and wrong. Repeating that it is theoretical and phrasing it in the form a question (what would you do?) does not make it any more acceptable.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

In your post you said: "However the truth is that we are all equally as nasty as Mr. Adolf.....alias Hitler...."

That statement is a lie....it is not true. I and millions of people are nothing like Hitler and we never will be. We are good people with good intentions and we live our lives as such.

To say that all people are as equally nasty as Hitler is ridiculous and by what you have written you believe that...I pity you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cry93

That's a good point.

So, does this leave us with the notion that talking about when murder is appropriate is taboo and therefore not to be discussed at all?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Butterfly Effect.

A serious quandary, and not to be taken lightly.

No matter what you do, there is no way to know which is the 'best' result.

A farmer's horse escapes, and his wife says 'oh no.'

The farmer says, 'what will be, will be.'

The horse returns the next day with a beautiful wild stallion.

'Yay!' says the wife.

'What will be, will be,' says the farmer.

The farmer's son breaks his leg trying to tame the wild horse, now unable to help the farmer plow.

'That's terrible,' says the wife.

'What will be, will be.'

Next day, the king's army shows up to recruit the young man, but can't because he has a broken leg....

No way to know what it all means.

The best you can do is realize that this plane of existence is but a school for souls, and each must learn it's lessons.

No amount of restacking the deck will change that.

The only 'right' action is the one that allows us to learn the most.

In that, you cannot go wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by cry93

That's a good point.

So, does this leave us with the notion that talking about when murder is appropriate is taboo and therefore not to be discussed at all?

Wasn't there a time when a majority were calling for Bin Laden's death?

What if killing him before 9/11/01 would have prevented that attack?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Not at all. But I don't believe the original line of questioning deals with when murder is acceptable. It reads to me that OP wants to be told that it is okay to murder in this instance by inciting hysteria with references to Hitler and genocide.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Not at all. But I don't believe the original line of questioning deals with when murder is acceptable. It reads to me that OP wants to be told that it is okay to murder in this instance by inciting hysteria with references to Hitler and genocide.

That is what you see in the theoretical presentation here?

That I want to be told to murder a person?

I have no such intentions, no matter what is suggested here... I've said it before, and will again... This thread is NOT about me, in any way shape or form.

Interesting observations, nonetheless.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But isn't that exactly what this thread is about? Wanting to know when it is okay to murder? In OP's post above yours, he asks the question - If someone knew about Bin Laden's plans before 9/11 would it have been ok to murder him? I don't see the difference in asking that question (in 3rd person) and the question before us (in 1st person).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Then why not ask when do you believe it's acceptable to murder? See how much more easier it is to answer that question?

Many people initially responded no. I also responded saying no on page 1 as well. However, I see that OP is STILL counting down the urgency to murdering this person. Why is this situation escalating?

And OP, I get that this thread isn't about you. However, a page ago you invited me to assume whatever I wanted about you in this situation as it does contribute to this discussion. Don't get angry because I took your invitation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i would let him do what he is going to do.....stop world misery, either way people still die in one form or another after they are born.......

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would compare doing nothing to walking by a burning home at 3am and not attempting to go in and get the people out. Yeah, you risk your life but then how do you cope if a family of 5 dies and you did nothing to help...always wondering if you could have saved them.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

But isn't that exactly what this thread is about? Wanting to know when it is okay to murder? In OP's post above yours, he asks the question - If someone knew about Bin Laden's plans before 9/11 would it have been ok to murder him? I don't see the difference in asking that question (in 3rd person) and the question before us (in 1st person).

it wasn't bin laden so 9/11 would've still happened anyway.......killing him pre 9/11 would've been a big FAIL...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And OP, I get that this thread isn't about you. However, a page ago you invited me to assume whatever I wanted about you in this situation as it does contribute to this discussion. Don't get angry because I took your invitation.

On the contrary, I find your observations here fascinating. It doesn't anger me at all. I just wanted to be clear on that one point.

The invitation stands... and the clock is ticking.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would do nothing and let the future pan out as it was always intended to.

In theory, it would be brilliant to Kill Hitler if you knew what he was going to do, but then he would never have committed the crimes he did, and people wouldn't be asking this question about him, as he wouldnt' have been considered evil, having not had the chance after you killing him. Therefore, you could ask this question about anybody who was murdered, John Lennon, JFK. They could have been years away from being the next Hitler, and we'd never know.

Therefore, what if someone killed the president or UN president, or UK prime minister, and said it was becuase they knew what was going to happen. Would people accept that?

What if somebody killed YOUR loved one(s). And said it was because of something they were going to do in the future? Would you accept it? Why not? Just because they were good to you?

Dont forget. Even Hitler was TIMES man of the year 1939!!

Tough Question, star and flag. But no. You cannot act on your premonitions i dont think.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by jennybee35

There are only two possible outcomes in every case, one where you intervene and one where you do not, you are completely aware of both.

Now, what would you do if you knew?

Such a hard choice.. Who's to say that w/o him.. some more horrible, more evil man might take his place causing greater pain and horror.

I think I might let it be.. but very hard to say.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What people are failing to see here is the positive side of epic catastrophe.

Sounds impossible, I know.

But consider for a second all the opportunities afforded to good people to BE good people when faced with enormous obstacles.

Without Hitler, No Schindler, Schweitser.

Without slavery, no Blues.

I am not suggesting that these are 'good' events in human history, only that, by ignoring the positive things these complete tragedies and horrors bred, we are being short sighted, and forever enslaved to a black/white paradigm.

By killing this man, you may be robbing the next generation of their heroes, as well as their villains.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join