It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backmasked messages in songs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right thread for this.

Back-masking. Reversing a song to find hidden messages.

I was backmasking songs not to long ago on Audacity, and i heard some pretty strange things.

E.T by Katy Perry ft. Kanye West:
In Kanye's second part in the song, i heard I are born.
About so far through the song Katy Perry says if you weep for him the answers yes.

Blue by Eifel85:
The chorus repeats: Hide the body, eat the body. lol

The outsider by A Perfect Circle:
From 2:50 to 3:10, in between these times the singer says "We see him"

Paint a dark picture by Tech 9 ft. The dirtball.
During the chorus behind the words you can hear "see him" and at the end (start of the song un-reversed) it says something along the lines of "spend him, smite him, use that (the) ... moral would not of met, amen.

Hope for a higher power by Tech 9
1:55 to 2:04 it says "yahweh it was him" and at 6:18 to 6:23 it says "son of the seed".

Playing with dolls by Slayer
At various points in the song it says "murder, freedom, dont listen he's a lier"

More to added soon.

All you backmaskers out there post your findings, and your opinions if they are messages or just random noise that out brains are trying to make sense of.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A lot of music bands use the techniques as a sort of easter egg.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Considering the state of the music industry, these songs probably sound better in reverse than they do normally. Not that I am advocating listening to this garbage at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Around 20 years or so ago I remember watching a TV report questioning whether rock music was trying to influence people to worship Satan, commit suicide & any other acts the mass media associate with it via subliminal means. One of the reasons I remember it so well is because there was a priest who was suggesting that bands/artists (note the plural) were putting backwards messages in their songs to inspire Satanism. He had a single piece of 'evidence' to back up this claim, if you play Queen's Another One Bites The Dust you can clearly hear Freddie Mercury saying, "It's fun to smoke marijuana."
While advocating illegal substance use is not exactly the act of a saint the suggestion of it trying to inspire Satanism is so far beyond ludicrous that the English language doesn't have a word for it yet. It still amazes me that someone took him seriously enough to put him in front of a camera.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that the messages we receive are for us as individuals. Our perceptions surrounding our world differ from person to person and place to place and "knowing" there is something greater than ourselves opens us to receive messages.

The "hide the body, eat the body" part totally freaked me out and I doubt I would be playing with any technology that opens that kind of thought or expression.

I stopped allowing music to influence my world by turning it off back in November of last year. Silence has been golden because I believe that our music and the Industry is "influencing us" or programming us into accepting "keys" that we may not want to carry, for doors we may not want to open. There is no denying the level of frequencies and how they adjust our psyche and our thought processing.

Given the level at which I believe we are facing "the end" scenarios I would be cautious enough with such doorways unless the truth has to be known; we have to be careful what we want to know sometimes. Just as easily as the Truth can set us free also lies can bind us and blind us.

Scary stuff, nothing sends a crawl up my spine than to hear Obama say "Yes we can!" played backwards! Too freaky and yet so obvious to me now.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Back masking is retro but if you heard some of the stuff thats hidden in these songs it would scare you to the point of pooping your shorts.

Personally i have no idea if it demonic or satanic or purposely done as an easter egg of sorts for fans, what i do know is that i find this type of phenomenon a tad disturbing if people purposely put subliminal messages in these songs on purpose, because you know if theyre doing it, it makes you wonder who else is doing it and why.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Scary stuff, nothing sends a crawl up my spine than to hear Obama say "Yes we can!" played backwards! Too freaky and yet so obvious to me now.

What does Obama's "yes we can" slogan say backwards?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Backmasking in music, is real. I consider myself to be very "musically un-ignorant" (if you will). Lol, but yes, it is a real thing artists may do, to as one of the above commenters said, apply some sort of "easter egg." Although, alot of what you might perceive to be a "hidden message" could also very well just be the simple fact that your playing the music backwards. I'm aware of many songs rumored to have subliminally reversed messages, but one thing I discovered a while ago, while listening to a song called "Still Feel Me - by Jadakiss" in the very beginning you can hear him speaking backwards, using the aforementioned technique of backmasking. But what makes this interesting is that when you reverse the song, you clearly understand what he says - "Still Feel Me" I thought that was pretty chill, because I felt he was trying to implement the message of "don't trip" in a sense.
edit on 17-9-2011 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ah heres a video of Obama's acceptance speech that is reversed, very disturbing.

www.bing.com...< br />
Lots of biblical messages in here.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This gave me the creeps big time! UGH!

What if you played christian music backwards? Would it have good messages or evil ones?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You can hear him say yes we can backwards at this link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
you want to hear the real messages?? go play the old 45 331/3 back wards yes the old lps and45 as old as you can find from 1930's "the devil made me drink it", referring to hard liquor 1950's "long hair will be in" 1960's "stoned is the way be" 1970's "he's here he's here" 1980's "he will kill us all" 1990 the birth of the cd and that is were this should end but some of you have done the unthinkable found the hidden tracks, have found ways of playing the cd backwards and buying virgin vinyl got some new ones AC/DC korn, remix of the stones, kid rock, just need a needle for the Philips turn table, then will see what new messages the old one has sent
it is
"It's just rock n roll, anything goes, hear what you want to hear, there is no fear, it's just rock n roll, come on sing n shout, make your parents run, wake the dead.
make that noise!!!, rock n roll, whats that sound?, it's rock n roll,
been a round sense the time of old, just got to look, it's there!
just rock n roll, anything goes, hear what you want to hear, there is no fear, it's just rock n roll, come on take my hand i'll show you the way to a better day, rock n roll is here to stay, rock on, rock on, rock on, rock on, rock n roll is here to stay...
just rock n roll, anything goes, hear what you want to hear, there is no fear, it's just rock n roll, come on sing n shout, make your parents run, wake the dead.
make that noise!!!, rock n roll, whats that sound?, it's rock n roll,
been a round sense the time of old, just got to look, it's there!
just rock n roll, anything goes, hear what you want to hear, there is no fear, it's just rock n roll, come on take my hand i'll show you the way to a better day, rock n roll is here to stay, rock on, rock on, rock on, rock on, rock n roll is here to stay" copy rights 2011BMK no one my copy past post sell with out my, yes my approval
ok maybe it needs work have not sold one yet but who knows one day some one might, till then ??? i'll keep trying, you want to make this in to a song U2U me, lets talk and make it rock

edit on 17-9-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53

This gave me the creeps big time! UGH!

What if you played christian music backwards? Would it have good messages or evil ones?

Lol, who knows? A kid could sing "mary had a little lamb" and it would probably come out satanic. I'm not even sure if reversed messages is even a viable "science" or whatever the hell it is. May as well record yourself reading the bible backwards and see what it says. Personally i think its all just entertainment until the wrong nut hears it and thinks it means something when it really doesn't. Its called making mountains out of mole hills.

I wouldnt worry about this bunk at all, if you listen to just about anything backwards it will come out either satanic or as a christian/jewish prophecy or similar stuff. Tis stuff is tantamount to people thinking they were curse dbecause they were born the same day Hilter was, or were born the day Abraham Linocln was assasinated. Theres about as much credibility in this stuff as there is people beliving in werewolves and throwing salt over their shoulders so fairies cant find them and eat them in the night.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Personally I have never really believed this phenomenon to be more than sheer chance. Also, the results are always dependent on the translation by the observer, and can vary decisively between different observers. The supposed "messages" are usually never very clear, many times do not use proper grammar, and for the most part just don't sound like phrases or words at all. They sound more like jumbled sounds that slightly resemble words of not only the English language, but others as well. You can even hear languages that haven't been invented yet, which should tell you something.

This reminds me of the Bible code, and how similar "codes" can be found in any work of substantial length. It is basically the same phenomenon. I play music myself, and used to do a lot of recording in my bands home-studio, and listening to our tracks backward produced sounds that some would have interpreted as words, phrases, or even sentences...We didn't do it on purpose, so this experiment should show that it is completely by chance that this happens.

Do you know how difficult it would be to intentionally play or sing certain music or words to get a certain effect when played backwards? It would be extremely difficult in my opinion, requiring substantial effort that could be put to better use working on the music itself.

The reason I would like people who believe in this phenomenon to change their minds is because that energy that is being wasted analyzing stuff like this could be better spent on analyzing actual paranormal subjects.
edit on 9/17/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Are you just doing this for fun or do you actually believe there are hidden messages in songs?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It says "Thank You Satan" honest. funny stuff!

You can find the video on Youtube. search Obama yes we can
edit on 18-9-2011 by iNkGeEk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
the Mr Ed theme song, when played backwards, says "someone sang this song for Satan"

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Boards of Canada's "You Could Feel the Sky" has a reversed voice saying "a god with horns, a god with hooves". And if you speed that down you will hear that the final "s" from those words are actually a screaming woman. Funny stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

That sounds like the Pagan God Pan

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
the Mr Ed theme song, when played backwards, says "someone sang this song for Satan"

It's funny how atheists whine about God and satan not existing but whenever you back mask or reverse speech something it's always either talking about Yahweh or Satan ALWAYS, not matter what it is singing or talking bout. Thats because theres a war raging on between the two and has been going on for millenia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join