It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Ballinger, Texas 9/14/2011? Strange lights appear!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Around 9:00pm on September 14th, 2011 in the small town of Ballinger, Tx a loud explosion-type sound shook the town's residents. Everyone went outside to see if there was a fire somewhere or if it was thunder but the skies were clear. To the south mysterious lights appeared. Very hard to explain how they looked but one light would appear then it seemed another would come out of that light until there was light eight lights total. Then the lights just disappeared.

In the sceptics mind, possible sonic boom from military aircraft and then flares or in a believers mind, something very different. However is it normal for military aircraft to perform operations like this so near populated areas?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
not the best quality film but to me that looks like flares.
all in a line and then fading out... flares

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Ya does seem like that, preceded by a sonic boom though on a night when people are reporting a meteor/meteorite and other strange lights, just like the phoenix lights...I may be connecting imaginary dots but, that's what immediately came to mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Ya does seem like that, preceded by a sonic boom though on a night when people are reporting a meteor/meteorite and other strange lights, just like the phoenix lights...I may be connecting imaginary dots but, that's what immediately came to mind.

I would agree these are flares but the phoenix lights were visible for much longer than this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

Oh I'm not discounting the earlier sightings in Phoenix back in 97 but it's pretty well accepted that the "lights" that were caught on video were flares. Pretty good timing on the military's part

edit on 16-9-2011 by Kali74 because: spelllling

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is very interesting, I think, considering all things going on lately, with the sonic boom and earthquake in snyder, texas, fires in Bastrop, and even lakes "turning to blood" in san angelo, all in that same general area (give or take a few hundred mile. There are, however, 2 air force bases close to ballinger - goodfellow in san angelo, and Dyess in Abilene. Its probably flares, but with all the strange things going on...what really bothers me though is that there are nukes there....hopefully nothing to worry about and just simple training exercises or something
edit on 16-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I live in San Angelo, and most of the water here is the color of blood, it's the clay, it's red..... OC Fisher is a puddle now, not a lake... Lake nasty is still there I think...........

Tumble weeds are red here too.......

I think it looks like a Meteor, more so than a flare. don't recall hearing a bang but we are a bit down the road from Ballinger..

FYI Goodfellow has no active flight operations, everything comes out of Mathis Field, can't really say what they do there (other than firefighting) but it's active in other ways.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

I figured it was the red clay down there. Thanks for the clarification on Goodfellow.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

This is my neck of the woods. The video is very inconclusive. I CAN tell you that there is an AFB in Abilene (Ballinger is near Abilene) that does flight training for various planes (I have seen them doing both bombers and fighers).

2 weeks ago i was driving back from Dallas and as i go through Abilene, I see two large AF bombers doing "touch and go" drills.

I used to play Ballinger in football, back when they were the #2 team in the state. Good memories. Tough, tough team.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy
I would agree these are flares but the phoenix lights were visible for much longer than this.
Yes but I'm not sure of your point. The Phoenix flares had a burn time of about 5 minutes, they were uu-2 illumination flares.

There are many different types of flares. The countermeasure flares used to fool a heat seeking missile while the plane launching them makes an evasive maneuver are not illumination flares like the ones in Phoenix. They might be a possibility here.

Check out the countermeasure flare deployment at 50 seconds into this video:

You can see how they line up.

Also if the "explosion" was a sonic boom, (which isn't supposed to happen over populated areas, but maybe a pilot got carried away and broke the rule?), and the flares were countermeasures as part of a simulated exercise, it could all add up.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What you say is very true, however, this is a sparely populated area, no "need" to have military training anywhere near the few population centers around here, Ballinger is 34 miles from San Angelo, 50 to Abilene.

Goodfellow has no flight operations, all the planes come out of Mathis field.(as stated above) Possibly from Dyess but again, why over a populated area, that's just not how it works, the Military is careful about this for this very reason.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No! You didn't say the "F" word, did ya? Flares? Really? Where? On second thought, you stay in your flare world while us braver ones check it out and report back.

(One things about 'flares'. With a planet that contains 70% ocean, why do you suppose the military practices their flare-drills over populated cities? Like Phoenix in 1997? And now this one, in San Antonio? Doesn't make sense FLUID sense now does it?)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

No! You didn't say the "F" word, did ya? Flares? Really? Where? On second thought, you stay in your flare world while us braver ones check it out and report back.

(One things about 'flares'. With a planet that contains 70% ocean, why do you suppose the military practices their flare-drills over populated cities? Like Phoenix in 1997? And now this one, in San Antonio? Doesn't make sense FLUID sense now does it?)

For the better video, click on Human Aliens thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm undecided on the first video but the second

edit on 17-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I saw that thing in my dreams last night I kid you not!! It was a huge object it was crazy and the rest of the dream was weird too....time/reality manipulation etc. Its weird because I forgot the ufo part until I saw this picture.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It is my understanding or interpretation that these were TWO separate sightings. One is in Ballinger and the other in San Antonio.
They are 204 miles and about 45 minutes (as far as when they were spotted/filmed) apart.
So I believe these were two different sightings!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ballinger:

Around 9:00pm on September 14th, 2011 in the small town of Ballinger, Tx a loud explosion-type sound shook the town's residents.

San Antonio time stamp on video stops at 9:48

Sep-14-2011 a Huge UFO craft was filmed over San Antonio,Tx..As I was facing west I notice this Huge glowing object traveling east.I could clearly see this object was no aircraft

Different objects and sightings in my opinion.
I am afraid the San Antonio one is going to get lost within this Ballinger thread!

Seems they don't want to reopen my thread. So please make sure you give San Antonio its proper coverage! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

theres no reference points to this 2nd video at all

could be absolutely anything!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

theres no reference points to this 2nd video at all

could be absolutely anything!

You're absolutely correct.
So UFO it is!!!

I know you have a point but no matter what video pops up it's never good enough. Never.

Welcome to the year 2011 where cynics and skeptics are abound!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal

I saw that thing in my dreams last night I kid you not!! It was a huge object it was crazy and the rest of the dream was weird too....time/reality manipulation etc. Its weird because I forgot the ufo part until I saw this picture.

That's it? No more? You shouldn't leave us(me) hanging.
What was your dream? This craft? Which one? We have two In Texas apparently!

Sometimes our dreams aren't dreams.......I'm just sayin'.

Nothing for nothing (don't mean to go off topic) but my dreams have been very very vivid lately. We're crossing the galactic center folks. So hang on. It's just going to keep getting more bizarre!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

chill man
im a huge believer
but wasting energy on videos that will never ever ever ever come to a conclusion is just pointless is it not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join