It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Ballinger, Texas 9/14/2011? Strange lights appear!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We were stationed at Dyess and lived on base housing. Dyess is one of the two bases that carry the B-1.
We always saw strange things in the sky, but never saw actual "practice" situations.
The only thing I saw that was practice was when the c-130 dropped cargo. It was actually pretty cool.

Other than that, no one would suspect anything because they are always flying.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by Human_Alien

chill man
im a huge believer
but wasting energy on videos that will never ever ever ever come to a conclusion is just pointless is it not?

OP and I decided it best to close my thread and reroute it to here. However, after it was too late I realized my thread was really about the San Antonia sighting on Sept 14. Not so much this Ballinger one on the same date in a totally different location!

I'm glad to hear you're a believer but if this is 'wasting energy' then you'll never be satisfied unless an alien sticks out his boney arm and waves directly at ya then.
Sorry you feel that way (unless you missed this video of course)

Here is the video I wanted everyone to see. Apparently they're still deciding whether to reopen my thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
San Antonio Sept 14th while that 'meteor' (UFO) was making its debut over the west, this was taking place over the skies of Texas at around 9:45 PM Central time!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well it was daytime in my dream and I was looking at it directly like I was in the sky. It just kept rotating and was kind of cylinder shaped, it was definitely a spaceship. Also time was crazy and I would look at a clock and the hours on the clock would pass by like seconds and then slow way down it was trippy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

no i meant that video
what i mean by studying videos with no reference points is they never get solved
videos with reference points are dissectable and can be proven fake or real (as in something solid which is either a ifo or ufo)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

no i meant that video
what i mean by studying videos with no reference points is they never get solved
videos with reference points are dissectable and can be proven fake or real (as in something solid which is either a ifo or ufo)

Well here's one from the next night Sept 15 and he added a reference point.

So the next thing a debunker will say (when there is a reference point) is there's not enough to go on. Or, it's too far away. Or it's just a point of light......You know?

But I know what you mean about a reference point but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the end-all as far as debating and debunking. It's just another reason not to embrace it in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In my opinion these look like flares which have been released but why would the military release them in such a populated area? If you look closely enough you can almost see an uncanny resemblance to the Phoenix Lights - almost the perfect amount of lights. This is a very interesting video but with not a lot of evidence i.e eyewitness accounts giving a description of whatever it was - this is just another UFO video. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Doesn't the military have an obligation to tell the people who are within sight of these 'flare-exercises' that they intend to perform a potentially dangerous drill that evening?

I can't believe with not only the Pacific and Gulf nearby but all the handful of isolated deserts surrounding these areas that they would choose to drop flares above or near or ON these populated communities.

Flare excuses are the new swamp gas excuse that are now laughed at and totally disregarded. Guess it'll take another 40 years until this too will become over-played, overtly convenient and obviously a cover up.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
What you say is very true, however, this is a sparely populated area, no "need" to have military training anywhere near the few population centers around here, Ballinger is 34 miles from San Angelo, 50 to Abilene.

Goodfellow has no flight operations, all the planes come out of Mathis field.(as stated above) Possibly from Dyess but again, why over a populated area, that's just not how it works, the Military is careful about this for this very reason.

This is untrue. Dyess flies fighter training and bomber training from their AFB. When i was the GM of my local Holiday Inn Express i used to watch the fighter doing dog fighting exercises over the cotton fields to the north of my town (which is about 100 mi away from Dyess).

I attended college at Hardin Simmons Univ, in Abilene. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen flights relative to training happening over our campus.

And 2 weeks ago, while driving in from Dallas, as i went through Abilene there were 2 bomber size (or cargo size) craft of an unspecified variety doing "touch and go" drills where they would land and then take off again. They circled a few times while i drove through on the interstate.

There may be stated policy. BUt then there is the real world, and if that is the policy it is ignored in the real world. I have photos of contrails left by the fighters doing dog fighting training where they come in at about 1500 ft and do a hard bank around, roll, and return back towards the east towards Dyess.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
In the sceptics mind, possible sonic boom from military aircraft and then flares or in a believers mind, something very different. However is it normal for military aircraft to perform operations like this so near populated areas?
It's definitely flares. Yes they do drop them near populated areas if they want a cover story/debunk for other sightings. There was probably sightings of secret military tests and this was a smokescreen.

There may have been genuine (unidentified!) UFO activity in the area of course but this isn't it.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out. I am in a hurry and don't have time to read the entire thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

sheesh! talk about hijacking a thread
cool the jets there. just because i say they look like flares to me, does'nt make me a skeptic. im a true believer but in this video im skeptical big difference my alien friend

top topics

<< 1   >>

join