It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 people KILLED by illegal file sharing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

the stage hands and grips who built the stage might be at fault.

I don't think so. It was one hell of a storm, I know people who were there. There's no outdoor stage in the world that would be 100% guaranteed to stay upright in it and I personally believe that it was just a terrible tragedy that could have been avoided if the severity of the incoming weather could have been read better.

Should we b lame the weather man? Of course not. Leave the stage hands alone.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Killed by illegal file sharing....

In the 1980s, did they blame concert tragedies on legal recordings, of songs played on the radio, made with cassette recorders?

They should have determined the cause to be an act of nature; thus negating all liability. One would think an insurance company would know that.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Has anyone got any further links to this, or perhaps to the original statement? At this point im not sure if I believe it or not, it just seems to stupid
Following all the links from article to article, I reached this TwitPic, and it looks real.

Edit: and finally the source of all this, this article (in French) from Le Figaro, in which they really talk about drop in sales but not about illegal file sharing.

Here's a Google translation for the French "challenged".

edit on 16/9/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by -W1LL

the stage hands and grips who built the stage might be at fault.

I don't think so. It was one hell of a storm, I know people who were there. There's no outdoor stage in the world that would be 100% guaranteed to stay upright in it and I personally believe that it was just a terrible tragedy that could have been avoided if the severity of the incoming weather could have been read better.

Should we b lame the weather man? Of course not. Leave the stage hands alone.

oh i understand i worked as a grip, I am not trying to place blame on the hands ... I am just saying its a possibility.
I've had an uncle of mine get electrocuted because the location director chose the wrong location and said build next to those high voltage wires or loose your job.

as i said in my first post the concert should have been postponed or delayed as soon as those winds/weather started getting out of hand.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Those pirates sunk to new lows when they killed the innocent festival goers. We should be able to go and enjoy a live music presentation without worry of file sharer retaliation. The nerve of those two bit criminals I hope that they can increase penalties and set a stern example to prevent this kind of tragedy in the future.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

i hope your just joking on that.

link   
reply to post by iforget

edit on 16-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 16-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ArMaP is right.

This is a Hoax and should be moved to the Hoax forum.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
WOW I'm goin to start downloading every song in the history of music industry...maybe someone will do me a favor and drop a stage on me so i can leave this pathetic excuse of a world

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
ArMaP is right.

Occam Assassin is right.
In the true ATS manner, almost none of you actually bothered to check out the source of the story, to find that file sharing is not mentioned at all. Almost every single one of you just knee jerk reacted to a "chinese whispers" type fourth hand version of the article... that simply isnt true.

edit on 16-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
hahahaha WOW, I bet this is one moron behind a desk. Probably gets paid more if he can figer out a way to get out of paying.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

heres an equivalent

someone puts a gun to your head, kills you, then says its your fault because you made them angry,

is the person who pulled the trigger innocent?

who built those stadiums? who was responsible for overseeing the capacity being used on the stadiums?

are they innocent?
edit on 9/16/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If it wasn't for file sharing I would never buy cd's. I purchase CD's after listening to music I have downloaded, and deemed a band worthy of my hard earned dollar, I but the CD to support the band, but if it wasn't for file sharing I may have never discovered the band to begin with, since I don't listen to main stream music.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You can justify anything with BS ROFL !!!

A guy runs out of cigarettes so he walks 2 blocks to the local store and buys a pack. As he's lighting up, he walks across the street and his cell phone rings. Just as he;s taking his first drag on the cigarette and looking at the caller ID on the phone, a crosstown bus hits him and kills him. Now what killed him?

a. smoking
b. cell phone radiation
c. defective shoes
d. the bus
e. the educational system
f. his mother for drinking while pregnant
g. all of the above

You can justify almost any cause to any effect these days. The only rule is, there are no more rules.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is the most far fetched excuse ever. Beating the old cliche of 'the dog ate my homework'.
If these people are serious, they need to be unemployed.. if anyone believes this, well... that would just make me sad.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It's a little like people filing lawsuits against fast food giants, blaming them entirely for their morbid obesity. Maybe McDonalds could implement a responsible serving of fast food policy, requiring one to record their weight upon entering the restaurant and coming back to the counter to order again. If the customer has gained more than the weight of two double quarter pounders.. "sorry sir you've had enough".

The whole notion of the OP is obviously a hoax, but with the crazy precedents being set around the world by the spin doctors in the legal field these days, it's not as far fetched as it appears to rational people.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
ive heard some horse # in my time, but this is golden

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The reason for the deaths is because of the lack of Tyrannosauruses. If there were more tyrannosauruses walking around, then the people wouldn't have been at the concert in the first place out of fear of being eaten. Same twisted logic.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Over here in Belgium even mainstream media's reaction was "what a stupid statement". That statement was published in Le Figaro Magazine - a French newspaper (here is a link to an image made of that article). Now part of the reasoning - stupid as the statement in general might be - is correct: as a result of the changes in the music industry that industry now must make its profits with concerts. These festivals grow bigger indeed and tickets get more expensive. This however has nothing to do with the weather, does it?
Now there was another stupid reaction as well, uttered by Christian asshole Bert Dorenbos, who called the disaster a punishment by his god.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join