It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Project: Agenda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've heard here and there (both on this forum and elsewhere) that the witnesses and documents presented by the Disclosure Project are unreliable because their founder, Dr. Greer (I think) has a hidden agenda of some sort, presumably different from exposing the truth about UFO's. People usually just say this but don't explain why or what this hidden agenda is. Is it just to sell "Disclosure Project" hats and t-shirts, or something more sinister? Anyone know? Basically I just want to know if there's a good reason I should be dubious of the Disclosure Projects' claims.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
(EDIT- re opened thread as its asking a different question that is not discussed in the other threads on this topic)

[edit on 24-8-2004 by asala]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Who knows

I believe that most who have come forward are probly genuin in what they believe

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i believe most of them are geniune also (although there were a few nuts in that press conference briefing among them... i have serious doubts about that woman claiming Werner Von Braun warned her about an alien war...)

my only guess as to a possible "other motive" for the disclosure project as of this moment is that it has something to do with being anti-SDI, as Greer uses the bulk of his evidence to support his view that we shouldn't weaponize space. but if this were REALLY his hidden agenda, there are much more "respectable" and effective ways of promoting it than going through the trouble to convince us all of the consequences it might bring in therms of a conflict with aliens.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Please join us here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
... Dr. Greer (I think) has a hidden agenda of some sort, presumably different from exposing the truth about UFO's.

If he has one, I don't think it's sinister / evil. As far as I understand his reasoning, one thing seems certain: he believes the government has the alien technology that would revolutionize the world; and make all current energy sources and generation methods completely obsolete. He is more interested in this "alien" technology than he is in the aliens themselves, as he claims they are benign and not to be feared. It is unclear whether he really believes they're benign, but it's clear he thinks his movement may not gain popular grass roots support, or attract "political" influence unless he can convince the masses the "visitors" mean us no harm; but only want to help improve life for us; despite all "evidences" to the contrary ...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Everyone has an agenda...

I don't see anything sinister behind the Disclosure project at all, except Greer is not someone that comes off as being "grounded"...but I think only a guy who really believes in aliens and is willing to throw part of their reputation away is ever going to push this issue. Only those that are a little nutty take the big gambles that payoff big: Greer is that guy.

I don't know about all of the witnesses, but most of the stories are pretty legit if you do some background checking.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The question i would have is this.....

Let's say for instance that the U.S government has this alien technology that could change and benefit humanity forever.....what would the aliens want in return for us using this technology?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When looking at their body language, most of them seem to be pretty sincere. I believe that branches of the U.S government are hiding information, however since it is so big it's difficult to ascertain which branches and who specifically is hiding information. Besides, i would love to see what their evidence is.

Do they have a motivation? Tough to say. Probably...everybody does, but it doesn't seem to be malevolant.

I just wonder why if they claim that the U.S has information on 57 different alien species and that they know they aren't harmful...how come they don't mention what these species want from us or what their main motivations are. I don't understand why they don't mention what these species want in exchange for their technology. I don't understand why they can't explain these things.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
money could be a big factor,it always makes people act funny and wouldnt seem so ridiculous that,that was the hidden agenda?
It does seem odd though that proffesional people who have worked hard to develop their careers would risk ruining their lives on reporting faulse info?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeMoreCynical
The question i would have is this.....

Let's say for instance that the U.S government has this alien technology that could change and benefit humanity forever.....what would the aliens want in return for us using this technology?

My memory of the Disclosure testimonies is beginning to fade a little, but I don't recall any of the witnesses expicitly accusing the gov't of making a deal with the et's, like that reported in "The Dulce Wars", in exchange for technology. If I can recall, it seems most of them imply it was acquired
"most probably" through reverse engineering, applied to items either recovered from crash sites, or captured from grounded et's, that were killed upon contact with the US Defense.

The Jay-Rod case, though, is an enigma. One of the witnesses on the second video (of the 2-tape set) claims to have built "flying disc simulators" for the gov't, under the direct supervision of Jay-Rod, an "insect-like" et. Neither explicitly nor implicitly is it stated, at any time, where Jay-Rod appeared from, how he came to "super"-vise this program; or what deal was made with him, to buy his co-operation on this project.

If this is the same Jay-Rod that Area 51 biochemist Dan Burisch worked on, then it seems the deal may have involved human DNA; as the second Jay-Rod "apparently" told DB that his purpose for being here was two-fold: first, to try and prevent a third world war from occurring, and subsequent nuclear exchanges; and secondly, to collect DNA samples to bring back to his planet of origin; located approximately 15 light yrs from earth.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Grail_Hunter]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
Please join us here:

Thank you

Sincerly

Cade

Why? Because this is a thread you started, and you want the points?

I believe the agenda is clear: He wants to destroy the effort on the part of the government to build space-based weapons. There are all kinds of different people who also have this agenda and are exploiting all different avenues of approach to meet their ends.

That is the most prominent explanation that I can find. I just ordered "Disclosure", the 500+ page document containging the testimony of those who have agreed to state their cases before congress under oath. When I read it, I intend to do a book report and post it here on ATS.

My stance on the issue is one of curious skepticism. I'm more interested in whether or not we have in our posession alien technology, and if so, what are we doing with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I believe the agenda is clear: He wants to destroy the effort on the part of the government to build space-based weapons.

Then there would have to be an agenda behind that as well, don't you agree? Any thoughts as to what that might be?

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Durden]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Then there would have to be an agenda behind that as well, don't you agree? Any thoughts as to what that might be?

No, I think that's probably it. In the video on Case's page, the emphasis placed upon even the words 'space-based weapons' made it pretty clear that those are his ultimate intentions. Watch the video and notice that when he is referring to the subject he gets very exited. The pitch and the volume of his voice increases, his eyes widen, and his speech quickens.

If there were an ulterior motive to that, I might guess it would be to uncover the existence of extra-terrestrial life and the fact that they visit us on occasion, and that the government has hidden this information from us for over 50 years. That's the only other thing I can think of...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
money could be a big factor,it always makes people act funny and wouldnt seem so ridiculous that,that was the hidden agenda?
It does seem odd though that proffesional people who have worked hard to develop their careers would risk ruining their lives on reporting faulse info?

Money, or economics, Greer insists, is the real reason the gov't refuses to hard-over "zero-point" tech; he implys that it's a handful of trillionaires, like the Rothchilds, for example, who stand in the way of its being released to the world; as a source of unlimited "free" energy. He could be right. That's entirely possible.

On the other hand, if Branton is right, the Reptoids don't want the tech to fall into human hands. It would level the playing field considerably, in our favour, and they'd never allow that, if they can ever prevent it. And if they're really trying to get off this rock, and leave us behind to meet our doom somehow, when they finally decide to abort the "experiment", then for sure they'll do whatever they can to prevent us surface dwellers from ever possessing "zero-point" tech.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Grail_Hunter]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There are plenty of good reasons for the government not want the public to get their heads wrapped around the truth. One of them might be just because the people who now control the alleged technology may be simply devising a way to use it strategically. Or economically. Their intent may be bad, it may be good. The reason why we can't know is that if we did, the entire world would insist that the technology be pushed immediately. Supposing there is a reason why the technology couldn't be used immediately, there would be strife on the basis that an invisble overlord group were trying to control the world with it.

I'm just saying it could be construed that way...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm just surprised no other government and no other administration in the rest of this world admitted anything.

I believe that the U.S Government is hiding information from the public. Otherwise everything would be classified. What it is hiding? I wish i knew.

Are these people telling the truth? Tough to say. I'd have to watch all the testimony and verify that these people are who they say they are. The problem with conspiracy theorists on the most part is that a lot of claims are made but there is very little verification.

The Roswell incident? There's no way that was a weather balloon. Was it an alien spacecraft? Tough to say. Little to no evidence to show otherwise.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Little to no evidence ...

little to no "hard" evidence, but plenty of "circumstantial" evidence, I think,
like eye-witnesses, for example ... it's like CSETI says: our legal system attributes great weight or credibility to "eye-witness" testimony ...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Are these people telling the truth? Tough to say. I'd have to watch all the testimony and verify that these people are who they say they are. The problem with conspiracy theorists on the most part is that a lot of claims are made but there is very little verification.

If you think the problem with conspiracy theorists are that little verification is made, couldn't you start by watching the press conference, ordering the 2 hour testimony DVD and do some background checks on them?

Are we to expect that all we have to do in this world is to watch TV/PC internet streams and have an opinion? Can't we do something ourselves? Are we watching the world like a football match? As spectators, an audience, not ourselves active in the game?

What do you think?

I've made a few posts here in this thread if you want to take a look. I did a small background check on a couple of the press conference wittnesses.

Here's the thread:
(my posts are on page 2 and 3, but maybe you wanna look throug page 1 also if you havent' already)

Sicerly

Cade

top topics

<<   2 >>

join