It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Project: Agenda?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
I've heard here and there (both on this forum and elsewhere) that the witnesses and documents presented by the Disclosure Project are unreliable because their founder, Dr. Greer (I think) has a hidden agenda of some sort, presumably different from exposing the truth about UFO's. People usually just say this but don't explain why or what this hidden agenda is. Is it just to sell "Disclosure Project" hats and t-shirts, or something more sinister? Anyone know? Basically I just want to know if there's a good reason I should be dubious of the Disclosure Projects' claims.

-koji K.

I've made some posts in this thread that perhaps will give you a better way to reflect on your question:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(My posts are on page 2 and 3, but there are other posts in there that make some very good points too that I appreciated greatly)

Sincerly Cade

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by Cade
Please join us here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you

Sincerly

Cade

Why? Because this is a thread you started, and you want the points?

I believe the agenda is clear: He wants to destroy the effort on the part of the government to build space-based weapons. There are all kinds of different people who also have this agenda and are exploiting all different avenues of approach to meet their ends.

That is the most prominent explanation that I can find. I just ordered "Disclosure", the 500+ page document containging the testimony of those who have agreed to state their cases before congress under oath. When I read it, I intend to do a book report and post it here on ATS.

My stance on the issue is one of curious skepticism. I'm more interested in whether or not we have in our posession alien technology, and if so, what are we doing with it.

I was being informed that several other threads had already been started on the subject but had died. I was new here, and unaware of those threads (like this one). Since I was told they had died, I was hoping to resurrect the subject by inviting you guys over.

Where can I read on this "point-system" ?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why would there be a hidden agenda????

Lets just assume there is an hidden agenda for many conspiracy theorists out there. Well How can you say its for money?? In fact, they've been running low on money, which is why they couldnt gather up the funds to start up a new conference. And lets say if this is all about money, then wouldnt you want to have another press conference to keep the heat on and to get people to buy your stuff??? They havent had a press conference in 3 years.

As for the hats, the DVDs, etc, you actually need all that if you want some funding to take the disclosure project to the next level. On top of that, they have 200 - 400 witnesses. Now how do you compensate for all of them? I know the disclosure project's income isnt that of a steady one.

Did you know that Greer is a doctor?(no hes not BSing) You can actually look up his name and license on the medical board on the virginia medical board's website. It says his license was inactivated(or not renewed) by request of him. This guy could have been makeing a lot more money being a doctor rather than working for the disclosure project.

So now its more of a question about the witnesses. I've said this before...IF YOU CAN DISPROVE THE WITNESSES WITH SOME OF YOUR RESEARCH, THEN YOU HAVE THE FLOOR AND MY EARS. So if you can show without a doubt that they didnt work here or that the documentation they have is false I'll consider you for a very valid argument.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
i believe most of them are geniune also (although there were a few nuts in that press conference briefing among them... i have serious doubts about that woman claiming Werner Von Braun warned her about an alien war...)

my only guess as to a possible "other motive" for the disclosure project as of this moment is that it has something to do with being anti-SDI, as Greer uses the bulk of his evidence to support his view that we shouldn't weaponize space. but if this were REALLY his hidden agenda, there are much more "respectable" and effective ways of promoting it than going through the trouble to convince us all of the consequences it might bring in therms of a conflict with aliens.

-koji K.

First of all, I think you a making a very keen observation, when you point out that there might be better ways to promote non-SDI views. I'll even add, a LOT more effective ways!

Dr. Carol Rosin was also the one witness who looked the least credible to me, too emotional about it. Ofcause this is a common mistake on all of us, to misjudge someone just because they have a passion for the subject. Anyway, I did a little background check, just a quick search on Google to find other bio's on her, and I found a few, there are probably many. She's quite the acheiver!

� Dr. Carol Rosin, Aerospace Executive. The first woman executive in an aerospace defense industry. Founder and President of the Institute for Cooperation in Space. Award winning educator. An Honorary Marine. Repeatedly called to witness before the congress on the space-based weaponssystem.
("Fairchild Aerial Camera Corporation" was founded in 1920. Expands in 1927 with "Fairchild Aviatioin Corporation" with subject area Airplane production. Holding company changes name to Fairchild Industries in 1966)

Apparently a lot of people through out her life has trusted her a lot, given the positions and award she has held and received.

I think a common misunderstanding here is that some people think the press conference was designed to present their case at the event. This would be impossible with (now) over 500 wittnesses, they gave a "snapshot" of what they would like to present to congress. Do we want to get to the bottom of this or should we just forget about it, and keep talking back and forth in forums just like this one? Here's the biggest chance yet to get the truth out. Ofcause, not everybody want the truth to come out, for many different reasons, so they'll argue against a hearing.

Does this mean they are actually arguing against us all trying to find out the truth?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Cade]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
Why would there be a hidden agenda????

Lets just assume there is an hidden agenda for many conspiracy theorists out there. Well How can you say its for money?? In fact, they've been running low on money, which is why they couldnt gather up the funds to start up a new conference. And lets say if this is all about money, then wouldnt you want to have another press conference to keep the heat on and to get people to buy your stuff??? They havent had a press conference in 3 years.

As for the hats, the DVDs, etc, you actually need all that if you want some funding to take the disclosure project to the next level. On top of that, they have 200 - 400 witnesses. Now how do you compensate for all of them? I know the disclosure project's income isnt that of a steady one.

Did you know that Greer is a doctor?(no hes not BSing) You can actually look up his name and license on the medical board on the virginia medical board's website. It says his license was inactivated(or not renewed) by request of him. This guy could have been makeing a lot more money being a doctor rather than working for the disclosure project.

So now its more of a question about the witnesses. I've said this before...IF YOU CAN DISPROVE THE WITNESSES WITH SOME OF YOUR RESEARCH, THEN YOU HAVE THE FLOOR AND MY EARS. So if you can show without a doubt that they didnt work here or that the documentation they have is false I'll consider you for a very valid argument.

Yet another exellent point kyateLaBoca. I'll also add to this that in stead of us all trying to play congress or a court of law here in this thread, how about deciding for ourselves if we want this looked at with a legal investigation or not? The Disclosure Project made a plea to the whole world, gave up careers, took the ridicule, perhaps took great security riscs etc. and we are here debating if they're not just all in it for the money. Does the truth seekers have an audience anymore?

Do the truth seekers who are willing to put their neck on the line, have an audience in this world, who can react and act? who are willing to support them in the pursue for disclosure? If they claim to have evidence of technology that can change our world, who would not want to see if they really can prove it? Wouldn't it be the all time TV event of all times?

Am I missing something here...?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
As long as the disclosure project is a hot topic, what about this organization?
Extraterrestrial Phenomena Political Action Committee
www.x-ppac.org...

What exactly is their agenda? What are they doing? Has anyone read anything about them taking an active role politically?

The website basically says that they wish to raise $550,000 before they will take political action, �The very fact of such funding to a political action committee with the aims of X-PPAC would send a shock wave throughout Washington, DC.� I guess they are holding high the statement that money talks? Smells fishy to me.

Wouldn�t it be better for all of these organizations to come together to make action?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76
As long as the disclosure project is a hot topic, what about this organization?
Extraterrestrial Phenomena Political Action Committee
www.x-ppac.org...

What exactly is their agenda? What are they doing? Has anyone read anything about them taking an active role politically?

The website basically says that they wish to raise $550,000 before they will take political action, �The very fact of such funding to a political action committee with the aims of X-PPAC would send a shock wave throughout Washington, DC.� I guess they are holding high the statement that money talks? Smells fishy to me.

Wouldn�t it be better for all of these organizations to come together to make action?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Seth76]

Yes ofcause it would be better, but for now we have to choose if we want to support these efforts put out by different groups or not. If we do, then choose one, and then support them.

They'll have to decide come together or not. We can only decide if we want to support them or not.

I think the good willed powers within our governments, and within those trying to bring forth evidence to congress, need our help. Will we ever wake up from our taking the role as the audience instead of taking the role as the player?

What could we do if we wanted to support their efforts?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So far since I've been keep up with the "Disclosure Project" I really don't see a hiden agenda as of yet. All witnesses seem to be very credible IMO. I've read the book "Disclosure" and it's really good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join