It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
From regulation to Prescription, to vitamins, and next what? Government subscriptions to natural remedy's as well?

Some people do go crazy on the OTC stuff, but we don't outlaw people from eating ad McDonald's, its a choice.

-C

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris17453
From regulation to Prescription, to vitamins, and next what? Government subscriptions to natural remedy's as well?

Some people do go crazy on the OTC stuff, but we don't outlaw people from eating ad McDonald's, its a choice.

-C

Muahahaha, good idea.

Food Apartheid [US]

(emphasis mine)

The war on fat has just crossed a major red line. The Los Angeles City Council has passed an ordinance prohibiting construction of new fast-food restaurants in a 32-square-mile area inhabited by 500,000 low-income people.

We're not talking anymore about preaching diet and exercise, disclosing calorie counts, or restricting sodas in schools. We're talking about banning the sale of food to adults. Treating French fries like cigarettes or liquor. I didn't think this would happen in the United States anytime soon. I was wrong.

www.slate.com...

Government may ban fast food near schools
[UK]

Fast food restaurants could be banned from opening near schools as part of a more interventionist approach by the Government to tackling childhood obesity.

Ministers are concerned that many older children shun healthy school lunches for junk food, while younger pupils use "pester power" to force their parents to buy them unhealthy snacks on the way home.

Under proposals to be unveiled as part of the Government's obesity strategy on Wednesday, councils will be reminded of their powers under planning rules to bar new fast food restaurants from the streets immediately around schools, parks and nurseries.
(emphasis mine)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Do you yield, or should I continue, sir?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
"Chris, Marx, Wood and Wei
Led us to this perfect day
Marx, Wood, Wei and Christ
All but Wei were sacrificed
Wood, Wei, Christ and Marx
Gave us lovely schools and parks
Wei, Christ, Marx and Wood
Made us humble made us good."

The cool thing is, we don't even need Uni Bracelets; biometrics are accurate enough that Uni can simply track us via camera!

Ira Levin would # himself to see how dead-on "This Perfect Day" seems to have been.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
There is another thread on this here www.abovetopsecret.com...
but maybe this one will get more attention, as many didn't believe the other one due to the source. I personally find Dr. Mercola more trustworthy than Yahoo.
They apparently were the smart ones.

The title of the thread is a hoax, it's not a law that's being considered.

It's called guidance:
www.fda.gov...

FDA's guidance documents, including this guidance, do not establish legally enforceable responsibilities. Instead, guidances describe the Agency's current thinking on a topic and should be viewed only as recommendations, unless specific regulatory or statutory requirements are cited. The use of the word should in Agency guidances means that something is suggested or recommended, but not required.

"FDA's guidance documents, including this guidance, do not establish legally enforceable responsibilities" Not legally enforceable. Get it?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The article does not say it is law but proposed. Variations of this have been proposed as law more then once so the article is not inaccurate. They are not doing this just as a guide they know no one would follow this nonsense. They simply are trying to get people used to the idea and so they forget about it and they will try to get this passed into law again at some point even if they have to attach it to legislation that has nothing to do with it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Wow, this really is pathetic, i haven't taken a multi in a week since im all out, and i can feel the effects of not having it, the FDA has already banned the 2 greatest smart drugs ever made, Piracetam and Nefiracetam....now this?

*SNIP*
edit on 16-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: Post edited by Moderator. Threats of crime are not allowed on ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

The article does not say it is law but proposed. Variations of this have been proposed as law more then once so the article is not inaccurate. They are not doing this just as a guide they know no one would follow this nonsense.
You have any sources for these claims? Of course not, you're just making stuff up. I know better as an industry insider.

I've been involved in following other FDA guidance documents and the industries I've worked in do try to follow them to a large extent even if they aren't enforceable. Obviously no manufacturer will take its own product off the market if it thinks it's safe and profitable.

There are a lot of FDA guidance documents already: www.fda.gov...

They aren't laws so they may not be followed strictly, but they are considered by most major companies. A mom and pop shop, maybe not, but I wouldn't buy my supplements from a mom and pop shop anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Why, you'll have to get a prescription which will cost you $ and make Pharma more $. Their intention.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I just scrolled down to the comments section and I saw this

This article is very short sighted. I am a analytical chemistry researcher who has worked on both pharmaceuticals and supplements. The problem right now is that there is absolutely no oversight on supplements.

Let me repeat that just in cased you missed it. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO OVERSIGHT ON SUPPLEMENTS.

This means that any company can and sell produce a supplement without verifying the amount of the active ingredient. You have no way of knowing if Trader Joes brand is like GMC's for example. The product could (and often does) contain little to no active ingredients. But on the other hand, independent testing of supplements on the market show sometimes they have enough active ingredient to cause an overdose. How do you know what your favorite band has? You don't. One time it could be low, and the next high. And the company itself doesn't have to do any testing what so ever. And if even they do test their product, they don't to report the data to anyone, including you, the person ingesting it. The company I worked with doing this testing was very honest that they don't know what the companies do with the data but they didn't believe the client pulled product off the shelf when they recommended it be pulled.

I'm not saying that this is the truth. I don't even know if that girl is what she says she is. But I have heard about the scenario that she has described many times over the past few years. So, who knows, maybe it's the truth; maybe it isn't.

But I know if I was taking supplements I'd want to know exactly what they contained and how much of the active ingredient was in it

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I know better as an industry insider.

Being an insider might mean you have more information than the rest of us. It could also mean that you have a bias that prevents you making an accurate and fair assessment of things.

Given the context of a country where the corporations use their huge resources to affect and sway both government and often public opinion, it is entirely plausible that the FDA, an operation heavily dependent on corporate funding is just softening up the public through recommendations today, what its funders want to see as law tomorrow.

Corporate control of our lives is already the biggest issue facing us today. If we don't stop this monster in its tracks our way of life will be unrecognizable in but a few short years.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why do we need vitamins when High Fructose Corn Syrup gives us our complete daily allowance of everything our bodies need?

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Energy drinks will suffer from this as well. A can of red bull is loaded with vit A and b-12 (what gives you energy).

I think they will run into huge problems if they start to ban vitamins. Kind of like how they are trying to outlaw spice, you can't just ban something that is a multi-million/billion dollar business.

If they follow through, they will get sued from several different companies.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

whatever supplements are pulled off the shelves of USA stores will still be available from mail order and online sources elsewhere. whether or not those sources may be trusted - who knows. people will find a way to buy what they want. the FDA will just put people who want to be healthy into harm's way.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Two words...

Codex Alimentarius.

It's been on it's way for years. If you don't know what it is, look into it.

It must be stopped.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
First let me state that I do not approve of our government telling us what's good for us and what isn't.
Free will comes with a price.. educate yourself .

Visit the EDA's website and pretend you are a new supplement company looking for rules to follow.
you'll be amazed and shocked when you realize that you can make, package and sell a pill.. as long as you don't claim it "Cures or Treats" any known illness.
You can make this "pill" and sell it today.. right now.. legally.
If your pal owns a few convenience stores...he can stock them and sell them.
That's it.. no approval, testing regulations ect.

you must follow these three rules:
Proper storage and packaging ( clean stuff, no pests or nasty production areas)
Method of standardization ( so each pill contains the same ammount)
proper packaging and labels ( no false claims about curing or treating anything)

You will get nop visit, no inspection nothing.
If someone complains..FDA investigates, otherwise you are free to sell whatever you want.. openly.

The industry NEEDS some type of oversight.
This might be a little extreme though.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This thread needs a bump. I can't believe that the people are not in complete outrage over this. I have been angered about the implementation of these policies for quite a while now. Surprisingly people don't seem to care. I feel sorry for the fool who passes a law stopping us from accessing our vitamins and supplements. By the time people finally stand up, it will be too late.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Two words...

Codex Alimentarius.

It's been on it's way for years. If you don't know what it is, look into it.

It must be stopped.

You took the words right off of my keyboard!

www.fsis.usda.gov...

www.codexalimentarius.net...

www.healthfreedomusa.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by Mountainmeg

right

it came into effect last year as a global policy by the un

funny that if i depended on the msm i would never had known about it

and these types of news would surprise me

go collect water anywhere other than a public system tap, let the government know about it and see what happens

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Sorry for pulling a quick sneaky one on ya

I starred your post because you did what I was too lazy to do, which is provide more links and info about the Codex

People really need to learn about this. It's been happening in plain open view for a very long time now. Yet people are oblivious to it.

Cheers, that was a good post you replied with.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I have been expecting this for over two years now.I
have been stocking up on vitamins and have them
well hidden.To TPTB,they are NOT in my home

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join