It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three poachers killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

THREE suspected rhino poachers were shot and killed by game rangers in the Chipangayi Safari Area near Chiredzi on Tuesday morning.
Two others were arrested and their vehicle impounded, while a third suspect escaped the net in a Toyota Corolla.

Rangers, acting on a tip off, waylaid the suspected poachers - Sakhile Ncube, Nicholas Tswami and Million Chauke, all from Beitbridge - and killed them in the pre-dawn ambush after exchanging gunfire.

From The Herald Online

Well, good for these game rangers!!!
I've seen what poachers do to Rhinos and it's utterly disgusting! These poor animals are hunted for the sole purpose of taking their horn. I tell you what, I'm pretty sure those 2 guys that were arrested wish they were shot too.

Why? I've seen some pretty brutal jungle justice in Africa, and I would bet these 2 guys are going to get beaten to within an inch of their life. In fact, you probably will never hear of them again. Serves them right!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah, hopefully sb get their ' Horn's ' too.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the good news!

Now, all we have to do is get rid of those game farms where the animals are kept on a "sanctuary" just so egotistical "hunters" can shoot them and take a "prize" home. So pathetic!

Then, we need to get rid of people who like to shoot wolves from helicopters like they do in Alaska.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Poaching is a very serious business...Good to know that the rangers prevented these fools from carrying out their little plans.

Just unfortunate that people had to die in the incident. I hope this sends out a stark message to the rest of the poachers out there...What they do will not be tolerated.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
LOL "Jungle justice"... that's funny, I like that.

I have seen and heard of some of the horrific things poachers do to animals. I'm sure deep down, all of us are saying, "they deserve what they get." I know we're not supposed to think like that, but sometimes we just can't help it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
LOL "Jungle justice"... that's funny, I like that.

I have seen and heard of some of the horrific things poachers do to animals. I'm sure deep down, all of us are saying, "they deserve what they get." I know we're not supposed to think like that, but sometimes we just can't help it.

I agree we shouldn't feel that way, but I've personally seen some of this, and it's hard for me not to feel that way. I come from that side of the world, and I've seen animals that have been killed because they've been caught in these mongrel's snares. It's gut wrenching and heart breaking to see a magnificent big cat lying there dead, with barbed wire around it's neck.

edit on 15-9-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

You Mister are abso-fu..-inglutely right !!! Horns up...............

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'm glad they were caught and or killed... but I can't get one image out of my mind..

Rhino poachers in the Safari driving a Toyota Corola???

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I'm glad they were caught and or killed... but I can't get one image out of my mind..

Rhino poachers in the Safari driving a Toyota Corola???

That's because the game reserves where they have safaris are often bordered by tar roads. These guys will pull off the road at a desolate spot, and cut a hole into the fence. Once they shoot the rhino, they quickly cut out and take the horn, and need a quick get away car. They don't actually ride in the bush with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up! I really couldn't see a car like that out there.. personally, I'm surprised there are paved roads in those kinds of areas?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If you look at a map of the Kruger National Park, you will see there is lots of tar roads, and even more sand roads. You must understand that people, goods and services need to be accessible in these areas.

Here is a link that will give you a better idea.

ETA - just using the KNP as an example - the incident in the OP is in Zimbabwe
edit on 15-9-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well for those threads that constantly ask about "why science is important" here is one of your answers.

Most of these horns are taken for Chinese medicine, a complete crock that constantly fails any kind of scientific testing and yet huge numbers of people still believe in through there shoddy thinking, superstitious nonsense.and complete inability to understand simple empirical data.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thank you for a great post even though it's very depressing. I work with animals & Big Cats & Hyenas are my favorite. Never had a chance to work with a Rhino as I'm in the US as was working at a non-profit at the time.
These poachers make me sick! they should get the worst punishment (die) for their crimes, as they killed
for just a Horn...that's almost like like killing for a true young blonde, cause maybe her hair is worth more.

Another bad thing is how easy it is to get a Lic. for exotics on the East Coast... In CA you have to work with a Vet or Lic Vet Tech for 3 yrs to get a rehab Lic....North Carolina it's a 1 weekend workshop & something just as close in VA.....Blew me away knowing I could own a Bengal or Leopard...& yes out West you can go buy anything in Nevada & bring back to CA. So it's ALL wrong especially POACHING! That is the worst &
& literally makes me ill!
Thank you for your post!!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Good!
One of the few circumstances I am glad that someones life was ended.
Well deserved..
Thank you Karma., and well done.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Indeed I agree poachers should be stopped, but then again just hear me out:

- we killed all the animals in our modern world with guns or pollution
- now we want to save the animals that are in the middle of nowhere
- you can't tell a starving man, don't kill this animal because some people (rick compared to him) want to see it and expect him to starve for the greater good.
- if there wasn't a market for these goods poachers would be useless, and poached things are expensive, I couldn't afford to buy anything like this

As a result because there are many rich idiots that want to buy useless crap because they are impotent or want to show off to their friends people trying to get money for food have to die and kill marvelous creatures.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It is sad & unfortunate but I do have a real Leopard coat that Ithink comes down just below the waist. My mother bought it at a thrift shop or something (she used to be an antique dealer) who knows but it cost ONLY $15...how sick is that? Then in ~ 1987 I saw my 1st PETA commercial on TV in Los Angeles, CA...it was filmed on a Run Way in black & white with all these models walking out to the end & doing heir twirl so to say.
Well here comes this one model in a long Leopard Coat maybe 3/4 length, the place is packed with photographers, all the flashes going off...as she spins (remember B&W film) Red Blood is flying out beneath the coat & splattering everyone every where clothes & faces....I couldn't believe it. Well guess that didn't go over very well cause I never saw the commercial again.
I have never worn my coat but I have different thoughts on he matter...I think it is wrong to kill for fur unless absolutely necessary for survival....on the other hand you have the beautiful animal who was killed just for
"Upper Class" reasons & by not wearing the coat it's life is made even less worthy because it's fine qualities are not being used. So for me personally I have been fortunate to work with many species of animals & those that I had personal relationships with that have passed on I collected something personal for us both, like some mane from an African Lion & etc. I have a treasure chest of collections & instead of wearing the coat, I hopefully will be able to have a great artist help me design a piece of art work
entailing all my friends together with possibly the fur from the coat as the background. I don't want the Leopards life just go to waste nor do I want to wear something to promote the evil side.

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics

join