It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the TRUTH?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
what is truth???

is truth objective or subjective?

i am very interested to know what you think about the TRUTH!
any, and all replies are more than welcomed!

thank you ^.^

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The “Truth” is that we are a spiritual being contained in a bio-suit in order to experience this reality. That we are all ONE, that there is no separation and the Power that we possess can manipulate this reality.

The “Truth” is so dangerous to the established order that we are taught, trained from the earliest age that what is NOT the “Truth” is the truth. This training has been on going, our parents experienced it as did their parents before them.

The World’s religions have been high-jacked to facilitate this separation teaching. The beginnings of the World’s major religious movements all begin with the “Truth”, but, they all end in the lie, the lie that you are a separated creature. Separated from one another and from the Creator.

The “Truth” is that there is NO separation.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

thank you for your input

as a young kid i was told that there is a santa claus...
i was also told that babies are being delivered by storks...

is there any truth to that?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

i agree 100% ...

love & unity

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel

thank you for your input

as a young kid i was told that there is a santa claus...
i was also told that babies are being delivered by storks...

is there any truth to that?

YES!

The truth is that that's what you were told!
Whether you were being told the truth or not... is a different question

Truth is subjective!
Ultimate truth is objective!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Truth is all logical connectives through a perspective lense.

For example, imagine there's a little girl named Sally. Her mom is asked how she behaves. She glows, "Sally is a good girl!"

The question is then asked to her teacher. The teacher having to deal with her on a daily basis knows the little girl well and states bluntly. "Sally is a bad girl."

It would seem in this scenario both positions are true or at least both are true at different times.

Then there's the fourth perspective.

Imagine we're then told Sally is mentally retarded, to such an extent, that psychologists and behavioral scientists consider her to lack the status as an independent rational actor. That there's absolutely nothing going on in her brain, as seen in fMRI's, and that all her actions are random.

In this case it's perhaps unfair to say Sally is good or bad because she's not actually her own person.

So we have all four primary logical connectives:

a = sally is good
b = sally is bad

a and b                 (∧ = and)
a doesn't imply b   (¬ = not, → = implies)
b doesn't imply a
neither a nor b      (∨ = or)

This can be thought of as an identity matrix, where true = 1 and false = 0.

a b (a∧b) ¬(a→b) ¬(b→a) ¬(a∨b)
1 1    1         0         0        0
1 0    0         1         0        0
0 1    0         0         1        0
0 0    0         0         0        1

When combined together these primitive logical operations give us the exclusive-or (xor), biconditionals, tautologies, and contradictions.

So what's the truth? All logical connectives and all possibilities.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, our parents had a program running that now differs from the program that we have. That is the bottom line. It may have seemed funny and great to create the illusion of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny...but when you think about it ...it is a lie...lying to children...some saw through it and then how did that make them feel about their parents?

We can still create fun things for children without perpetuating a lie.

Don't any of you say..."So there isn't a Santa or Easter Bunny"???

Don't lie to your kids...they know and in the end it is a big let down and makes them believe that it is ok to lie and falsify information. Not a good lesson.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

thank you!
i gave you a star for the effort

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
Don't lie to your kids...they know and in the end it is a big let down and makes them believe that it is ok to lie and falsify information. Not a good lesson.

very true!
+1

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

I wanted to point out that fact because it was all part of the programming of our parents. We can change that...No lies...children know..it's better to be truthful and honest and not perpetuate a lie...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Truth is what you think , feel and believe till you accept the alternative.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Not so...Truth will send you asunder...but it is still the truth!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

thank you for pointing out these papers to my attention!
i really like the "Zero as a Sevenfold Truth Table..." one

as for "The Scarcity Hypothesis" i can only say "wow" it's too deep for my comprehension at the moment :/

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel

Originally posted by Xtraeme

thank you for pointing out these papers to my attention!
i really like the "Zero as a Sevenfold Truth Table..." one

as for "The Scarcity Hypothesis" i can only say "wow" it's too deep for my comprehension at the moment :/

I know the S.H. essay is somewhat dense. So don't feel bad. I don't think there's a single person I've shown it to who got it on the first reading. Let alone a second or a third.
To better grasp what I'm getting at, it might help to read the question and answer document. It goes in to greater detail explaining aspects of the model that might otherwise be a bit difficult to pick up on without someone pointing out the correspondences. Hope it helps!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

You can't handle the truth !
If you read ATS threads there are many beliefs that many are passionate about , both pro and con on many topics.
Believing what is truth is simply a matter of choice .

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Truth is what you believe it to be. But it is never all that you believe it to be, and it is always much more then you believe it to be.

The truth it is that its all true, and every lie is a testament to it being so.

The "Truth" is all just another paradox of this existence. So truly I tell you, that I tell you nothing truly. Now were is the lie in that?

Looking for the truth is looking to believe in the truth, but finding it however is just a matter of faith. For you must have much faith to believe in the truth as being the one and only truth. And with faith you can move mountains if you but truly believe it.
edit on 16-9-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There is no truth, just interpretations of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In the physical universe (the shared universe) the truth is what works, or what most of us agree to. It has a certain plasticity to it. A belief in something that really isn't factual can serve to restrain action in a way that seems helpful to somebody. A belief that witches are evil and should be destroyed can help the church leaders get rid of their only major rivals. It "works" for them. But not for the witches!

If I have a machine that doesn't work and replace a part, and then it works, it would be a "workable" truth to state that the replaced part was the reason the machine was broken.

If I were a witch and found that a certain spell in a certain situation always got a certain result, then it would be a "workable" truth to say that was the correct spell to use in that situation to get that result.

Truth in the physical universe tends to be limited. For example, physics "truths" work because this universe runs on automatic, so it's very predictable. In some other universe, those same "truths" might not work at all.

In your personal universe, the truth is whatever you can convince yourself that it is.

There are a few ideas that seem to be widely workable, even if that workability isn't always obvious. "You cause what you experience" is such an idea. Doesn't seem totally intuitive, but it has wide workability. However, it's not true for you until you have experienced that workability for yourself. Until then, it's just another idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join