It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an Argument YOU Can't WIn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by JibbyJedi

But the OP is saying "Don't use established facts to prove your point. They are worthless and mean nothing." So to prove that I'm a male, I cannot use the argument that I have an XY chromosome, or that I have a penis. Basically there is nothing that I can use to prove that I'm a male, other than I perceive myself as a male. He could then say that he perceives me as Helium, there for I'm wrong and he's right....to him.

That's a bit of an extreme from our perception.
I happen to know a lot of X & Y chromosome folks that have no idea if they are male or female, so perception and science are polar opposites in that argument.

We really are just rediscovering things, nothing is "brand new knowledge", all is already known, we are in a state of amnesia. That is the only explanation I have ever heard that makes the slightest bit of sense to any of this chaos.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk can't be observed or proven.
reply to post by 547000

But that's exactly what the OP is saying ISNT true. is argument is that there is NO WAY to prove anything is right, wrong or in between. And it isn't just religious or spiritual truths. it EVERYTHING.

Just covering my bases here. Some people would insist true is what can be observed or proven. But even there something might be true that can't be observed or proven.

Tell me OP, is child-rape wrong? If so how do you know this to be true? Why can't someone just insist it's false? If truth is relative so are moral judgements.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

So I can go to the gym and shower in the "women's" locker room without any repercussions? And IF the police show up, I can just say "What?? I perceive myself as female" and expect nothing to happen?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

ok...fact. 2+2 = 4. right? I can prove that by putting 4 things in front of you, then taking away 2 of them. there will be 2 items remaining. ------- 2 + 2 is 4 cause we have made it that way that's like saying hello is hi or is aloha hi?

Water is created when 2 hydrogen atoms combine with 1 oxygen atom. ------is it an oxygen atom and 2 hydrogen atoms? or could it be 4 up quarks to 2 charmed quarks?

Humans need oxygen to breathe. ------ are we human or ets?

If i drop a ball of the roof of my house, it falls towards the ground---------does it? how can it fall in the middle of space?

Are any of these facts wrong? ------they aren't facts they are the accepted reality big difference

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

actually you could now a days lol seriously there is a person who works in my area thats a guy by birth but dresses as a women and the tptb have to honor his/her wishes

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

child rape is perceived as wrong cause the majority of people perceive it as wrong......majority always wins in most cases

and in this case good
edit on 15-9-2011 by gator1177 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This belongs in the philosophy and metaphysics forum.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

So, if the "majority always wins in most cases", and your perceptions are in the minority, that means you lose, ergo, you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

if we thought woman circumcision was the norm we'd be doing it all over the world yet some people still do it why?

read some history what is child rape and where does it start? there are many cultures today that marry kids as young as 12 is that child rape? and if so whats to be done?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

+ and - are defined operators. You just said that 4 - 2 = 2 which is equivalent to 2 + 2 = 4.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

how so explain? please? for one how is my perception that every has there own perception of reality wrong? and two who cares if i'm wrong? or right?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I agree with your point of view. Sadly division and disconnections are not only happening here. I have seen this kind of wars taking place inside very small communities (families for instance). It is humanity at large that suffers from the very same condition. Many fall prey to the endless ideological wars without even notice how they are sucked into the disorder. You have observed that. You are one step further from the box. Now have patience and compassion, for those you left in the box will get where you are in their own time.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

because you said, and i quote... "child rape is perceived as wrong cause the majority of people perceive it as wrong......majority always wins in most cases "

If there is a winner there has to be a loser. If there is a majority there has to be a minority. If there wasn't then you are unable to define majority or winner. If you are unable to define those terms, you just negated your own statement. if you negated your own statement you may as well have just said "ahfo asldfhiuashf lsdhfoaihfo". It would have meant the same thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

seriously you can't see different kinds of math? if we didn't count by 1's and 2' everything could be counted by .5's we have a system of tens in this world why not a system of 9's or 8's really please if you going to bring math questions into it do some research....but i guess the only math in the universe is 2+2=4

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
reply to post by 547000

child rape is perceived as wrong cause the majority of people perceive it as wrong......majority always wins in most cases

and in this case good
edit on 15-9-2011 by gator1177 because: (no reason given)

So you think it's only perceived that it is wrong, not that there is something wrong about it?

Why is it a "good thing" if it is only a perception and not wrong in itself, according to you?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

a winner? where did i ever say there was a winner? why do you insist in putting words in my mouth all i said is there will be a majority and a minority in any topic

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
reply to post by 547000

seriously you can't see different kinds of math? if we didn't count by 1's and 2' everything could be counted by .5's we have a system of tens in this world why not a system of 9's or 8's really please if you going to bring math questions into it do some research....but i guess the only math in the universe is 2+2=4

Maybe you need to read up on math history and understand what numbers and decimals mean.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

why are you going off topic? can you not stay on topic? if we grew up in a world where sex and reproduction started at oh lets say age 6 would it be a problem? ofcourse to you yes .....but it would be the norm.....however in our reality as it is depending on where you live child rape is and issue i guess to you you better go to the mid east and make sure 12 year olds dont get married too early cause its not happening here

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

So I can go to the gym and shower in the "women's" locker room without any repercussions? And IF the police show up, I can just say "What?? I perceive myself as female" and expect nothing to happen?

You'll either need a friend and a baseball bat to the head to prove mental retardation, or you'll need to carve your eye balls out of your head and feign ignorance to pass the cop test.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

numbers and decimals were created to help explain the universe yet they havent explained gravity and such....why?

ooooh we can count good for us

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join