It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism or Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok people, Has anyone besides myself noticed that the threat level is raised but nothing is happening, besides the fact that all the network coverage has basically stopped about the threat to the United States and even the posts on this board have seemed to die down about what possibly could be coming our way. I am just in awe that Next week is the Republican Convention and no one has been reporting or even commenting on percaussions being made to make NJ & NY safe for this event. So, was this a real threat or just a Hoax for some publicity or will we just have to wait untill next week to see if anything really happens?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think a bit of both, because it had already been 3 years ago s. 9/11
but if bush shows now that he can handle and prevent terrorism he has a good change to be re-chosen

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There have been precautions made for the GOP convention. There's story after story of protesters getting together to disrupt the convention. I don't think the raise in the terror threat level had anything to do with that though, did it? Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway here are some ATS threads:
Largest Anti-War Rally in History at the RNC
Republican National Convention

News Related Links:
Increased police presence as convention nears
NYC Security Ramping Up
Police brace for unauthorized convention protest in Central Park

Hope these help you out a little.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've been saying for a while, the gov't will use these threat levels as control devices over the sheople of America. ANything they can do to cause fear they will do. Fear in the public gives the gov't more power. Power to enact more laws and set up more fake gov't agencies, all designed to corral us in even more. Sure there are threats out there that are real, but the constant bombardment of warnings and raised threat color levels are all a ploy to blindfold you as they continue to pass stuff like Patriot Acts 1, 2, 3, etc...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
NYC is already at a more heightened state of security than most other cities in the country -- they have been since 9/11/01. No wonder my taxes went up this year... Seriously though, I wouldn't exactly expect them to publish their additional measures on top of everything else. Why help any enemy probe your weakness by telling what you have and where?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well since there hasn't been a major terrorist attack in the USA since 9/11 it doesn't mean there's a grand conspiracy to purposely create a climate of fear within the USA in order to pass acts that will make it easier for the government to control the public. It might just mean that they've got their act [ no pun intended
] together and have improved the defence against terrorist threats.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I believe the threat is real, but isn't being covered because 1) all of the media attention is focused Kerry's problems with the Swift Boat guys, and 2) People are burned out so they are paying way more attention to the Scott Peterson murder trial. I would have figured that a lot would turn to watching the Olympics for a reprieve, but they seem more interested in Amber Frye

I think most folks today have a very short attention span as well.

I seriously hope that Condoleeza Rice runs for prez in 2008. Could you imagine a race between Condoleeza and Hillary? I would have to invest in a few cases of beer and a ton of popcorn for that one

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Gardenia]

new topics

top topics

join