It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: If you love me, ask Congress to pass my jobs bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is this guy desperate or what?

President Obama continued pushing his jobs bill in battleground states on Wednesday, telling a fired-up crowd of students at North Carolina State University that, "If you love me, you've got to help me pass this bill!"

Mr. Obama, speaking to a crowd of more than 9,000 people in an unairconditioned auditorium, reiterated the main points of his recently-unveiled American Jobs Act, and urged students to help him get it passed through Congress.

Framing the task as a "homework assignment," the president called on students to "lift your voice, make it heard."

"For those of you who did skip class today, I've got a homework assignment for you," he said, "tell your Congress person that the time for gridlock and games is over; the time for action is now."

"You can write a letter," the president suggested, to laughter from the audience, after listing off a series of (largely Twitter-generation-friendly) methods for students to speak out. "When was the last time you did that?"

Link

The world is laughing at us.:shk:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
typical

use emotion instead of getting people to think with their heads

if you love this country fire obama

i say

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sorry Obama, I don't think we've reached the stage in our relationship to use the word love to describe us. In fact... I think its time to break-up. I know this is hard on the both of us, its just you keep promising to change but all you do is get in fights, go out every night and spend all our money. No *shhh* don't speak Obama, it'll be easier on the both of us if you just leave. I've already put you're luggage out front. Whats that you say? Found someone else? *sigh* I didn't want to tell you right away, but I have. Ron Paul, I know he's not as good looking or smooth talking as you but he just treats me so right. Just go please, so we can both move on.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I saw this and quite frankly was too busy shaking my head (side to side like this :shk: ) to post it here.

Obama is actually asking people to make political decisions affecting all Americans based on love for him personally?

The kind of thing I'd expect from Gaddafi, Chavez, Castro, or maybe the Kims of north korea, but not the president of the United States.
edit on 9/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You know, it's just not working out. It's not me, it's you. I think it's time I/we found someone else. Someone with whom I/we could have an actual future. Consider this a "Dear O" letter. Now, get your sh*t and get out of our house. Take Marie Antoinette with you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

i love it people break up emails and when that doesnt get the message accross

2012!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Since when what we the people really wants is been listened by our corporate congress, when was the last time that congress has listen to any of us.

edit on 14-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

The real question is does he love them. Clearly not as he works to destroy their futures while asking for their help to destroy themselves.

There is a reason he goes after the youngest, poorest and most illiterate voters. This man is becoming the poster child for advanced Megalomania and Delusions of Grandeur. "If you love me?" Please

edit on 9/14/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What really surprises me is that joker still has people following him. It's like every time he gives a new speech they forget about the last one, forget the old promises and blindly follow any new pomises he has.

The report was written by the White House’s Council of Economic Advisers, a group of three economists who were all handpicked by Obama, and it chronicles the alleged success of the “stimulus” in adding or saving jobs. The council reports that, using “mainstream estimates of economic multipliers for the effects of fiscal stimulus”, the “stimulus” has added or saved just under 2.4 million jobs — whether private or public — at a cost (to date) of $666 billion. That’s a cost to taxpayers of $278,000 per job

Hmm... That just seems like more steps in the wrong direction to me, but what do I know about throwing billions of dollars up in the air and HOPE-ing they land in the right place...

And with ± 3 million jobless, who really cares if jobs were 'saved' by this?

2.39 million jobs saved, 0.01 million added = Obama success!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich931

That is the key here, the stimulus is not adding any jobs but only temp, the jobs been saved are the same jobs that the last stimulus saved also, those jobs are, teachers and police in the states that are having the most financial problems.

But what the president is not telling is that here in my neck of the woods the money from the last stimulus also help pay for the teachers retirement pensions.

So actually the stimulus is more to preserve jobs than creating ones and at the Pace we are going we will need yearly billion dollars stimulus just to keep the police and teachers with jobs.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Is there not another vacation this man needs to take, this guy makes a mockery out of hiself almost every time he speaks.

What happened to this man being the savior? He looks more like a little boy asking for direction from Soro's and Company by the day.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what to think anymore. In all my years here on earth, I have never witnessed such a circus as now occupies the WH. It will be very interesting to see how this is captured in the history books.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't know about the circus now in the WH but the one under Clinton 8 yeas was the best while the 8 years under Bush was the worst, Obama doesn't compare to those two last presidents, yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Last I checked, he hadnt even introduced a bill, and a republican stepped in to do it.

"If you love me"

Yea, Id love for you to stop killing the country.

Id love for you to do the right thing, but know that you wont.

Id love for you to find a brain, and actually use it.

Obama-intelligent? HaH! I think not.

I really feel sorry for those out there that defend this filth to the end. I feel sorry for their ignorance.
I feel sorry that they feel the need to constantly defend him, even when they know he is wrong.

What I do love though- is how he shoots himself in the foot on a constant basis.

What a loser.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Is he a President speaking with constituents, or a teenaged boy reaching for the promised land in our pockets?

This presidency is a roller coaster, he speaks, I laugh, then I cry, then he speaks again. This would be fun but the track isn't finished and we're about to derail...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I don't know about the circus now in the WH but the one under Clinton 8 yeas was the best while the 8 years under Bush was the worst, Obama doesn't compare to those two last presidents, yet.

Count you as a friend Marg, but have you been hibernating or something to say that?

Obama is way past Clinton and Bush and now trying to pass Carter for the title of worst president.

new topics

top topics

join