It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive satellite TV outage. Dishnetwork is down. Phone is busy. Site won't load.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

WOW! That is awesome! lol I'll have to dissect the thread and learn more about that. Since I'm very politically interested it would be nice to see how much deeper the agenda to hide Ron Paul goes. Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i'm guessing the op is in the uk. its the weather that causes it (were getting the ass end of hurricane Katia ATM).
i dont know how the wind does it, but whenever its windy my tv turns to # and my broadband is surpassed by dial up.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by daynight42

Some of us like to watch the news, the educational channel, and of course a good, scary movie. With popcorn and chocolate...can't forget the chocolate. We all need a little distraction some time, there's a time and place for everything.

People watch the tube for entertainment. If it is a bit educational, it must be entertaining at the same time. It's got to make you Oooo and Ahhh while presenting otherwise "dry" information. Example: science is usually boring unless Bill Nye is presenting it in his entertaining way.

Real knowledge, UNfortunately, is often dry compared to the glow of the contents of the tube.

Try getting most children to focus for a steady length of time on something that requires concentration. Their attention spans are becoming shorter and shorter. The problem is not that the information is 'dry.' You could view it that way. Or, you could say they are too damned used to having things flash and be presented playfully such that when facts are presented in plain form, they are barely able to sit through it. They are spoiled to the excitement of the tube so much that if something isn't as lively, they consider it too boring and a waste or time or "too hard."

Wake up to the transformation our young people are going through. I walk around college campuses and see students drowning out the world with music. Some even wear them during class, if they can get away with it.

Entertainment addiction, anyone? "Please don't stop the music" (quote from an actual modern pop song). Yea, don't stop the music 'cuz people can't bear reality or what I consider quiet peaceful stillness.

Believer whatever you want. The world WOULD be better off without those awful things. They wreck people's minds, attention spans, and they are NOT healthy vehicles for information despite how good it makes you feel to watch them. Entire books have been written on this subject. It's amazing they are not banned. They do exist, though, in book format.
Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television

It's written by a guy who was on the other end. He was an advertising executive.

TV has a hypnotic effect, if you didn't know. It relaxes you to a level somewhere between sleeping and dreaming. Talk about how to shut down a person's mind. That's what people like. Thinking is just too much work!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

You should start a thread. You have a lot to say on the topic.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Seems to be satellite 129, according to twitter.

List of Dish Network channels affected by satellite 129 blackout - dishuser.org...

So, is it another 'wayward' satellite like the NASA one in the news recently-- disabled and gonna plummet at an unknown date and location (hopefully breaking up on the way) but still. Hmmm. Is this one's orbit still nice and orderly, anybody know?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

no, in ohio. it was a perfectly clear day too.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hi there.. I'm new and sort of found this place by accident because I'm glad I did.. I was googling for information about solar flares and satellite tv; our signal has gone down almost once a day since the first of this month and it's never been like that before. I have a friend who owns a company that provides long range weather and climate data to companies and individuals and he did say that we should be expecting a massive buildup of solar flares this month, and off and on through 2013 when it is supposed to get real bad. Anyway, I was looking at some information and indeed there has been a big upturn in solar activity since mid August from what I can see. I would not be a bit surprised if this is the reason. BTW, I'm in the Seattle area; thankfully I like to read books. Might have to stock up on more. Thank you again, great site to feed off of.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelas210
Maybe a piece of ELEnin hit satellite 129.

Wondered how long it would take to get mentioned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join