It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR Admits To Spending Millions To Keep The Public Confused About Climate Change (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yea, I couldn't believe it either, you gotta watch this..

In this video, starting at the minute mark 2:40, M. Granger Morgan states:

“First of all, of course, there is a lot of money getting spent to make sure that a very substantial portion of the public stays totally confused about this. And, I mean, it’s been really quite pernicious. But there’s been literally tens of millions of dollars spent on every little thing that comes along that might, you know, relate to some uncertainty.”

M. Granger Morgan is the head of the Department of Engineering and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University. In this video, he is speaking at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting on “Developing an International Framework for Geoengineering.” The transcript for the meeting can be found here (on the CFR website):

CFR.org...

Your thoughts?
Good day...

edit on 13-9-2011 by rstregooski because: time

edit on 13-9-2011 by rstregooski because: title

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am so confused.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i havent read the whole transcript yet

but funny to see one of my suspicions confirmed.

the famed chemtrails are for "solar radiation management" purposes

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You could have at least provided the whole quote. He wasn't talking about geoegineering. He was talking about the climate change debate in general.

First of all, of course, there is a lot of money getting spent to make sure that a very substantial portion of the public stays totally confused about this. And, I mean, it's been really quite pernicious. But there's been literally tens of millions of dollars spent on every little thing that comes along that might, you know, relate to some uncertainty. And while sure there's uncertainty about some of the details of the climate science, there isn't any uncertainty about whether we have a serious problem.

www.cfr.org...

A lot of money is being spend on both sides of the fence.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So in fact CFR does not "admit to spending millions to keep the public confused" at all!! sholdn't you make a retraction of that false allegation??

So who is it thatis spending the millions they say are being spent?? What is the cuncertainty about, and who are the main beneficiaries of uncertainty about climate change?

the uncertainty is fostered by so-called "skeptics" - the likes of Dr Judith Curry who deliberastely foster it among the general population when in fact there is almost no uncertainty among scientists that it is happening.

Who benefits? I dont' know - I would suspect the petro-chemical industry mainly - nations that produce oil and coal and hte companies that make money out of them Also automakers and their suppliers - and liek like.

Why do I suspect this? Because the alternatives to burning vast amounts of hydrocarbons are still more expensive therefore will ahve less uptake and lower profits.

Maybe I'm being simplistic - but it looks to me like the vast amounts of money being spent to ensure uncertainty are trying to sensure we do as little as possible to combat any effects rather than hide that "nothing is actually happening" as a few would have us believe.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He's talking about climate science, and how the energy industry companies spend money to confuse the issue of reducing carbon emissions.

Full debunking here:

metabunk.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A lot of money is being spend on both sides of the fence.

Why? And who is paying for all of this?
And what ground is to be gained by the so called winner?
edit on 25-9-2011 by burntheships because:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

1) Oil companies who want people to keep burning oil.
2) Those with interests in brokering "carbon credits".

Money.

edit on 9/25/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

1) Oil companies who want people to keep burning oil.
2) Those with interests in brokering "carbon credits".

Money.

Well, that may be true, but the CFR is more of a governmental body.
Why would they be all for "carbon credits" ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The title of the OP is incorrect. It took a statement out of context.
There was nothing said about the "CFR spending millions to keep the public confused".

new topics

top topics

join