It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. possibly the Whore of Babylon prophesied...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
1)The Woman "sits on many waters" (Revelation 17:1) and these "waters" are diverse peoples (Revelation 17:15).
IIRC, catholicism is the largest and most racially diverse religion on the planet. It has adherents on at least 6 continents, and in almost evey single nation.

The Woman has fornicated with the Heathen World against God (Revelation 17:2, 18:3, 18:9).
Catholicism brought paganism into the church in many ways.

The Woman is born along on a Beast (Revelation 17:3).
The treaty of Rome created the EU. The EU has a symbol of a woman riding a bull. Many thought the woman to be Europa. Is she really?

The Woman is the Mother of all Whores and Abominable Atrocities (Revelation 17:5).
How many atrocities do you want listed here?

The Woman is Drunk on the Blood of Saints (Revelation 17:6, 18:24, 18:20).
Just the inquisition alone should qualify.

The Woman is responsible for the death of the Prophets and Apostles (Revelation 17:6, 18:20, 18:24).
The vatican assumed the place of the ancient Roman empire.

The Woman sits on 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9).
Rome sits on seven hills

The Woman is a dwelling place of devils (Revelation 18:2).
Can't offer proof, but there is certainly enough anecdotal information to make you wonder.

The Woman is a Prison for Evil Spirits (Revelation 18:2).
Can't offer proof, but there is certainly enough anecdotal information to make you wonder.

The Woman is a Cage, full of Dirty Birds (Revelation 18:2).
Cardinals anybody?

The Woman has a Full Cup of Iniquities (Revelation 18:5).
Need I say more? Will anybody gainsay this?

The Woman is Doubly Judged (Revelation 18:6).
We can't know for sure until the time of judgement.

The Woman considers herself a Queen (Revelation 18:7).
The vatican certainly acts that way

The Woman still considers herself Married (Revelation 18:7).
The vatican still considers itself the holy church and thus the "bride of Christ"

The Woman was Rich and Mourned when Judged (Revelation 18:10, 16-19).
Is any nation as rich as the Vatican?

The Woman merchandised the Souls of Men (Revelation 18:13).
Indulgences?

The Woman is pronounced Desolate (Revelation 18:19).
Having left Christ out of her teachings, she truly would be desolate as far as bringing in new "children"

The Woman's sound of Joy is taken away (Revelation 18:22).
This happens after her destruction

The Woman's position of Creativity is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's authority as someone equipped to Judge is removed (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's Light-Bearing ability is snuffed out (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Bridegroom has Divorced Her (Revelation 18:23).
Having left Christ out of her teachings, Christ "never knew her"

The Woman's Engagement/Marriage has been annulled/abrogated (Rev 18:23).

The Woman is called "This/That Great City" (Revelation 11:8, 14:8, 16:19, 17:18, 18:10, 16, 18, 19, 21, 21:10).
Rome was the greatest city of John's time.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

i can go with everything but this paragraph:

Israel suckles at the teet of a pagan goddess and Yahweh is about to pour out his wrath on her for Israel has once again worshipped another god before Him. This whore of babylon is the mistress of many religions and the abominations that flow from her cup are the religions that worship false gods, and the abominations of atheism and agnosticism, they who have total apathy for the laws of God and overflow with homosexuality, and fornication and Godlessness and the murders of babies and every form of abomination in the eyes of God. She, is the United States of America. Many thought the Whore was the Catholic Church but they are wrong by a fairly large margin.

theres a seperation betweensraeli citizens... Israeli politicians that worship carnal zionism as opposed to spiritual zionism

the Israeli government is doing nothing more than accepting tribute from the slavish, cow like American government that is founded with Goyim (little more than instinctual animals according to ancient Hebrews.)

the USA as the scarlet whore atop the dragon is quite appropriate for the NY Fed and DC... the modern day manifestations of Sodom & Gommmorah of antiquity.. the Israelies are playing us to the max & laughing behind our backs... especially about 911,,, & the yearly 10X Billions given the State to absolve ourselves of bias and umberage against
Jews... but playing the 'safe' card of favoring their God just in case he is real & can send plagues on us if we don't give tribute to the Israel & their God....

You calling me a "Goyim" is racist and offensive, but we all know how jews really are
, you think youre the only ones God is going to save.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
um

that john guy was a hermit who lived in a cave, and like yeah didn't even know the earth had a western hemisphere, so I'm like going with no, the us was not involved in his hallucinations

and that's the reason he was given the vision that the whore was in the utter-most parts of the North

back then there was no West or East beyond the horizon of the great Sea... so the remote North was places like Norway & Lapland..
but the utter-most parts of the North was reference to beyond the Arctic and then downward to the North American continent...

just right where the 'Mount of Assembly' is situated--->
NYC... the UN... isnt that the mount-of-assembly? also located biblically in the 'recesses of the North'

we have to be able to read the bible/revelation as it is meant to be undrstood... not some interpetation by some Evangelical Preacher garnering Tithes for his Porche' & McMansion
edit on 13-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I find it funny that every generation of religious folks seems to think these 'prophecies' are describing their own current era and usually their own country, think how many great countries, cultures and empires have risen and fallen for centuries that would fit the description. Anyway, no i don't think it is talking about America... i obviously don't think it is a prophecy either mind you! in a hundred years time when you are dead and buried people will be applying these passages to their own society and time in history, just as people have been doing for hundreds of years before America was even a country.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
1)The Woman "sits on many waters" (Revelation 17:1) and these "waters" are diverse peoples (Revelation 17:15).
IIRC, catholicism is the largest and most racially diverse religion on the planet. It has adherents on at least 6 continents, and in almost evey single nation.

The Woman has fornicated with the Heathen World against God (Revelation 17:2, 18:3, 18:9).
Catholicism brought paganism into the church in many ways.

The Woman is born along on a Beast (Revelation 17:3).
The treaty of Rome created the EU. The EU has a symbol of a woman riding a bull. Many thought the woman to be Europa. Is she really?

The Woman is the Mother of all Whores and Abominable Atrocities (Revelation 17:5).
How many atrocities do you want listed here?

The Woman is Drunk on the Blood of Saints (Revelation 17:6, 18:24, 18:20).
Just the inquisition alone should qualify.

The Woman is responsible for the death of the Prophets and Apostles (Revelation 17:6, 18:20, 18:24).
The vatican assumed the place of the ancient Roman empire.

The Woman sits on 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9).
Rome sits on seven hills

The Woman is a dwelling place of devils (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman is a Prison for Evil Spirits (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman is a Cage, full of Dirty Birds (Revelation 18:2).
Cardinals anybody?

The Woman has a Full Cup of Iniquities (Revelation 18:5).
Need I say more? Will anybody gainsay this?

The Woman is Doubly Judged (Revelation 18:6).
We can't know for sure until the time of judgement.

The Woman considers herself a Queen (Revelation 18:7).
The vatican certainly acts that way

The Woman still considers herself Married (Revelation 18:7).
The vatican still considers itself the holy church and thus the "bride of Christ"

The Woman was Rich and Mourned when Judged (Revelation 18:10, 16-19).
Is any nation as rich as the Vatican?

The Woman merchandised the Souls of Men (Revelation 18:13).
Indulgences?

The Woman is pronounced Desolate (Revelation 18:19).
Having left Christ out of her teachings, she truly would be desolate as far as bringing in new "children"

The Woman's sound of Joy is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's position of Creativity is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's authority as someone equipped to Judge is removed (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's Light-Bearing ability is snuffed out (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Bridegroom has Divorced Her (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Engagement/Marriage has been annulled/abrogated (Rev 18:23).

The Woman is called "This/That Great City" (Revelation 11:8, 14:8, 16:19, 17:18, 18:10, 16, 18, 19, 21, 21:10).
Rome was the greatest city of John's time.

HOLY COW!
Can you break that up into a bunch of different posts, so I can star you more than once?

edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: s more

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

you best reread the content... im not Jew, nor am i anti-semetic... but i am opposed to blind Zionism
the kind of zionism that allows them to trounce or otherwise imprison & gulag the Palestinians
and convince themselves that stance is right & proper with God... wage preparations for war, intice others to war, not admit to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty... etc etc etc... that is carnal zionism
akin to statism, akin to fascism... disguised as something else in my view,,, but i'm small potatos

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I find it funny that every generation of religious folks seems to think these 'prophecies' are describing their own current era and usually their own country, think how many great countries, cultures and empires have risen and fallen for centuries that would fit the description. Anyway, no i don't think it is talking about America... i obviously don't think it is a prophecy either mind you! in a hundred years time when you are dead and buried people will be applying these passages to their own society and time in history, just as people have been doing for hundreds of years before America was even a country.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

Fractals, my friend, fractals.
Everything is cyclic, everthing happens to everybody.
peace
edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: pfft

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks, but I did it for our general knowledge. I personally had not really taken the time to look into the Whore of Babylon. Having just taken these few minutes to look, the Vatican seems to fit very well. While the US meets some of the criteria, there are just as many that do not fit imo.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
not only does new york host the supposed image of " the harlot" as the statue of liberty, but also has township named "new babylon" nearby.

coincidence or not, the mystery may indeed be reveiled in times to come.

en.wikipedia.org...(town),_New_York

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
calling the USA a whore is a little unpatriotic. Let's blame it on the church.

how could you be patriotic to a country that just constantly commits murder all over the world?

when was the last time the US did something good for the world?

apparently we didn't even make it to the moon!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you think you can identify the Harlot, then you need to be able to identify the Beast as well, because they are a partnership (see ch17). So if you're going to pin the "Harlot" label on the U.S., where are you going to pin the "Beast" label?

Bear in mind that the Harlot may be powerful, but she's not as powerful as the Beast. She rests on the Beast, depends on its support, and when the Beast turns against her at the end of the chapter, she finds herself destroyed. If the U.S. is the Harlot, then something more powerful then the U.S., something on which the U.S. rests and depends, must be the Beast. What have you got in mind?

The other consideration is that the whole point of the Harlot and Beast symbols is their hostility to the church. "Babylon" is named after the power which destroyed, as far as it was able, the central structure of the Old Testament religion. Rome is nicknamed "Babylon" at the end of 1 Peter because of destructive hostilty to the church. The Babylon of Revelation ch17 is "drunk with the blood of the saints", which is about involvement in the martyrdom of Christians. "Babylon" is not just about power, but about hostile power.

Now, tell me- is the United States behaving like a "Babylon" in this respect? Is the government making a deliberate attempt to uproot and destroy the Christian faith? Are they "drunk with the blood of the saints"?- are Christians being killed by the state for the offence of being Christian? If these things are not happening, then the picture of Revelation ch17 is not being fulfilled, and the U.S. is not yet the Harlot.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
If you think you can identify the Harlot, then you need to be able to identify the Beast as well, because they are a partnership (see ch17). So if you're going to pin the "Harlot" label on the U.S., where are you going to pin the "Beast" label?

Bear in mind that the Harlot may be powerful, but she's not as powerful as the Beast. She rests on the Beast, depends on its support, and when the Beast turns against her at the end of the chapter, she finds herself destroyed. If the U.S. is the Harlot, then something more powerful then the U.S., something on which the U.S. rests and depends, must be the Beast. What have you got in mind?

The other consideration is that the whole point of the Harlot and Beast symbols is their hostility to the church. "Babylon" is named after the power which destroyed, as far as it was able, the central structure of the Old Testament religion. Rome is nicknamed "Babylon" at the end of 1 Peter because of destructive hostilty to the church. The Babylon of Revelation ch17 is "drunk with the blood of the saints", which is about involvement in the martyrdom of Christians. "Babylon" is not just about power, but about hostile power.

Now, tell me- is the United States behaving like a "Babylon" in this respect? Is the government making a deliberate attempt to uproot and destroy the Christian faith? Are they "drunk with the blood of the saints"?- are Christians being killed by the state for the offence of being Christian? If these things are not happening, then the picture of Revelation ch17 is not being fulfilled, and the U.S. is not yet the Harlot.

The Great Beast the Harlot rides is called Democracy, that age old system of government formed by the Greeks and Romans. Democracy is sweeping across the world and its the Harlot (United States) that is guiding it. Even now that very same Beast has gotten a foothold in the middle east with Israel herself, and is about to conquer Libya and the other 9 nations will fall in like manner and in rapid succession. Yes, the Harlot certainly rests on the Beast, She the U.S and He democracy that is already in many nations.

Is the U.S. not already like babylon? Is the Government trying to destroy the christain faith? Yes it is, by smothering it and surrounding it with pagan religions, and support of atheism and agnoticism, and by removing God from this nation and from out of it's public schools (can't have church fellowships groups or even pray in school anymore) and where all mention of the word "God" is being stricken from every aspect of american life from television to the movie industry and the pledge of allegiance' "one nation under God" theyre trying to remove, not to mention theyre trying to get rid of christians placing crosses at the sites where loved ones have been kill in car accidents, and that has already been outlawed in many states. The U.S. is the new Rome in every sense. If you can't see it it is because you don't think about it and probably don't know much about history. The U.S. is the Whore and she fits both Babylon and Rome and i hope to God i am getting through to someone reading this and that they take it to heart because i am right.
edit on 14-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Yes She is drunk with the blood of martyrs, the 40 million babies murdered in their mothers wombs were potential saints, God said that we were to be his prophets before we were born and that was His plan for out lives, lets not forget the american soldiers who are christians that have died in these Godless wars in the middle east all in the name of the Whore. She fornicates with every country and they love it. Even the people in Syria and surrounding countries are crying out to join in her bed.

edit on 14-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sorry my friend, it is just too much of a reach imo. Is the US screwed up? Absolutely. Are we drunk on the blood of innocents? YES! Saints? No.
Look at the catholics though. The beast they ride on? The revived roman empire, ie the EU. The ball for the EU started rolling with the treaty of Rome after all. Catholicism just fits better and you really don't have to reach for it at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Good observation, she is no other than Liberty lady, the statue of liberty, the hooker of Babylon.
It is Ishtar, or Libertas (same goddess) , a true beast.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Good observation, she is no other than Liberty lady, the statue of liberty, the hooker of Babylon.
It is Ishtar, or Libertas (same goddess) , a true beast.

Thats what i've been trying to say. We have a GIANT idol in front of our whole country and she is 100% Ishtar and Libertas. Now why would anyone ever suggest that we have a giant statue of a pagan goddess that represents both Babylon and the Roman Empire? Sometimes folks, its as easy as connecting the dot's. When God chooses to reveal something, there is no denying the true meaning. He does not hide the truth, men hide the truth. All He does is open your eyes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yes She is drunk with the blood of martyrs, the 40 million babies murdered in their mothers wombs were potential saints, God said that we were to be his prophets before we were born and that was His plan for out lives, lets not forget the american soldiers who are christians that have died in these Godless wars in the middle east

As someone else has already observed, these were not dying specifically because they were Christians..
We need to look for a much more direct parallel with the Imperial persecutions.
If they're not happening at the present time, we need to consider the possibility that the Harlot and the Beast have not arrived in the world yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Sorry my friend, it is just too much of a reach imo. Is the US screwed up? Absolutely. Are we drunk on the blood of innocents? YES! Saints? No.
Look at the catholics though. The beast they ride on? The revived roman empire, ie the EU. The ball for the EU started rolling with the treaty of Rome after all. Catholicism just fits better and you really don't have to reach for it at all.

The EU is not the new Roman Empire the EU is about to breakup, it is the U.S., all the U.S. is, is just a coalition of allied states united under one banner. What do you think the Roman Empire was? Just one nation allied under the Eagle of Rome. The eagle is also the symbol for the United States. The U.S. is ruled by a congress that is a Senate and they hold the majority of the power just like in Rome before the dictatorlike Caesars took power. The U.S. is walking the exact SAME path as ancient Rome.

The U.S. has its media under lock and key. It has an entertainment system just like Rome did, in order to keep the people's attentions off the fact that they were getting reamed. Rome had gladitorial games, the U.S. uses movie theatres, and television programs and the media to distract it's people. Can you not see the correlation between Rome and the U.S.? Rome engaged in vast wars and the conquering of other nations, and the U.S. is doing the same thing under this disguise of a push for "democracy" and who do you think is going to be pulling the strings of these puppet countries? The U.S., just like Rome did.

Dude, wake up.

edit on 14-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Interesting enough Liberty is the roman goddess of prostitution and physical pleasures.

no,That would be Venus.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with you about the US following Romes path. No doubt about that. However, the Roman empire was not the whore and neither is the US. As things are currently set up in the world, the catholic church seems to fit better than the US does. That is subject to change, absolutely. Now I could see an argument for the US and/or NATO being the revived Roman empire. If you want to discuss that in another thread, I am game.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mindless consumerism is probably the Whore of Babylon.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join