It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. possibly the Whore of Babylon prophesied...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Interesting article here that explores some possiblities.

yahushua.net...

My thoughts on the U.S. being the whore of Babylon are because in Revelation, it mentions that she will have a presence in many waters (U.S. has a huge navy that is ships in every ocean, weather it coast gaurd or navy)

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, "Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication."

The queen of heaven as spoken of in Jeremiah is "Ishtar" a babylonian goddess, and SHE is the goddess that gaurds the United States, sitting off the coast of New Jersey and Long Island, also known as "The Statue of Liberty", the statue of liberty was created in the image of Ishtar also known as the egyptian goddess Isis.

Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other elohim, that they may provoke me to anger.

Israel suckles at the teet of a pagan goddess and Yahweh is about to pour out his wrath on her for Israel has once again worshipped another god before Him. This whore of babylon is the mistress of many religions and the abominations that flow from her cup are the religions that worship false gods, and the abominations of atheism and agnosticism, they who have total apathy for the laws of God and overflow with homosexuality, and fornication and Godlessness and the murders of babies and every form of abomination in the eyes of God. She, is the United States of America. Many thought the Whore was the Catholic Church but they are wrong by a fairly large margin.

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The Whore of Babylon, the United States frolicks with every nation upon the face of the earth and she has welcomed all manner of peoples into her bosom and into her bed. The Whore is beholden to all, and she flaunts herself in the eyes of the entire world for all to see and she cares not for the wickedness of her actions.

Behold, the Last Days are upon us, for the Whore is active and she forincates with the fathers and sons of every nation, they are in her, and she is in them and she pours her filth from her every embassy to corrupt.

edit on 13-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Interesting enough Liberty is the roman goddess of prostitution and physical pleasures.

link   
And everyone wonders why the muslim radicals hate america, now you know. They have been realised to the truth, some christian americans may realise the truth also, that we are surrounded by the enemies of God even in our own nation, and the god we pledge allegiance to is not Yahweh, but Ishtar. In Ishtar we trust. God help us all, because He will destroy us.

link   
i read a similar analogy years ago like this..

the UN and NATO are the purple she wears ...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Interesting enough Liberty is the roman goddess of prostitution and physical pleasures.

I heard some believe she is "Lucifer" the bearer of light.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It is certainly a possibility to consider. I need to do some checking, but I think your analysis is missing a couple elements.

Some things to consider while I do my research:

The Woman is called "Sodom" and "Egypt" and "Babylon" (Revelation 11:8; 17:5, 14:8, 18:10, 21).

The Woman is located where Jesus was crucified (Revelation 11:8).

The Woman's dwelling place becomes a River of Blood (Revelation 14:20).

The Woman is Split into 3 Divisions (Revelation 16:19).

The Woman "sits on many waters" (Revelation 17:1) and these "waters" are diverse peoples (Revelation 17:15).

The Woman has fornicated with the Heathen World against God (Revelation 17:2, 18:3, 18:9).

The Woman is born along on a Beast (Revelation 17:3).

The Woman is the Mother of all Whores and Abominable Atrocities (Revelation 17:5).

The Woman is Drunk on the Blood of O.T. & N.T. Saints (Revelation 17:6, 18:24, 18:20).

The Woman is responsible for the death of the Prophets and Apostles (Revelation 17:6, 18:20, 18:24).

The Woman sits on 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9).

The Woman is a dwelling place of devils (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman is a Prison for Evil Spirits (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman is a Cage, full of Dirty Birds (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman has a Full Cup of Iniquities (Revelation 18:5).

The Woman is Doubly Judged (Revelation 18:6).

The Woman considers herself a Queen (Revelation 18:7).

The Woman still considers herself Married (Revelation 18:7).

The Woman was Rich and Mourned when Judged (Revelation 18:10, 16-19).

The Woman merchandised the Souls of Men (Revelation 18:13).

The Woman is pronounced Desolate (Revelation 18:19).

The Woman's sound of Joy is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's position of Creativity is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's authority as someone equipped to Judge is removed (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's Light-Bearing ability is snuffed out (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Bridegroom has Divorced Her (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Engagement/Marriage has been annulled/abrogated (Rev 18:23).

The Woman is called "This/That Great City" (Revelation 11:8, 14:8, 16:19, 17:18, 18:10, 16, 18, 19, 21, 21:10).

List
edit on 13-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
i read a similar analogy years ago like this..

the UN and NATO are the purple she wears ...

Yeah, but who leads the UN? The U.S. does. This prophecy fits the U.S. 100%
The U.S. has a presence in every nation, and has a pension for causing wars and putting its nose in where it doesnt belong and i'm an arkansan saying this.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty much. That's been my general thoughts for some time now. It makes sense to me, particularly given how the U.S. has its hands in a lot of stuff.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The Vatican is "the Whore of Babylon." It's the Roman Catholic Church. To me the analogy is obvious. I think calling the USA a whore is a little unpatriotic. Let's blame it on the church.

She sits on the 7 hills, has drank the blood of saints, thinks she married to Jesus....etc, etc.
edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
um

that john guy was a hermit who lived in a cave, and like yeah didn't even know the earth had a western hemisphere, so I'm like going with no, the us was not involved in his hallucinations

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
um

that john guy was a hermit who lived in a cave, and like yeah didn't even know the earth had a western hemisphere, so I'm like going with no, the us was not involved in his hallucinations

I'm not remebering well, wasn't he in prison when he wrote this?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It seems pretty obvious that the Whore is a city, not a nation. Either the Vatican(Rome) or Jerusalem. The jury seems to be out. Given most of the qualifications listed, I would vote the Vatican. Though I am still researching.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
um

I'm not remebering well, wasn't he in prison when he wrote this?

John was banished to the Isle of Patmos, slept in a cave and had a rock for a pillow. Its thought he might have been the Apostle John.
edit on 13-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Or your just another weak minded fool who points to religion for everything

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The conclusion is irrefutable. The whore is the Vatican. The guy who made the list I started with did some serious reaching. Some of those verses do not refer to the Whore, even obliquely. When you take only the verses actually concerned with the Whore, the evidence is damning.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It is certainly a possibility to consider. I need to do some checking, but I think your analysis is missing a couple elements.

Some things to consider while I do my research:

The Woman is called "Sodom" and "Egypt" and "Babylon" (Revelation 11:8; 17:5, 14:8, 18:10, 21).

The Woman is located where Jesus was crucified (Revelation 11:8).

The Woman is Split into 3 Divisions (Revelation 16:19).

The Woman "sits on many waters" (Revelation 17:1) and these "waters" are diverse peoples (Revelation 17:15).

The Woman has fornicated with the Heathen World against God (Revelation 17:2, 18:3, 18:9).

The Woman is born along on a Beast (Revelation 17:3).

The Woman is the Mother of all Whores and Abominable Atrocities (Revelation 17:5).

The Woman is Drunk on the Blood of O.T. & N.T. Saints (Revelation 17:6, 18:24, 18:20).

The Woman is responsible for the death of the Prophets and Apostles (Revelation 17:6, 18:20, 18:24).

The Woman sits on 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9).

The Woman is a dwelling place of devils (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman is a Prison for Evil Spirits (Revelation 18:2).

The Woman is Doubly Judged (Revelation 18:6).

The Woman still considers herself Married (Revelation 18:7).

The Woman was Rich and Mourned when Judged (Revelation 18:10, 16-19).

The Woman merchandised the Souls of Men (Revelation 18:13).

The Woman is pronounced Desolate (Revelation 18:19).

The Woman's sound of Joy is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's position of Creativity is taken away (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's authority as someone equipped to Judge is removed (Revelation 18:22).

The Woman's Light-Bearing ability is snuffed out (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Bridegroom has Divorced Her (Revelation 18:23).

The Woman's Engagement/Marriage has been annulled/abrogated (Rev 18:23).

The Woman is called "This/That Great City" (Revelation 11:8, 14:8, 16:19, 17:18, 18:10, 16, 18, 19, 21, 21:10).

List
'

Yeah and virtually every one of those describes the U.S., you just have to think about it.

Sounds just like the U.S. and all the wars its tied to and creates.

Sounds just like the U.S. because it's a world super power and a "queen" of the world that thinks it can do whatever it pleases with no consequences.

Mass abortion, homosexuality, pagan worship, fornication, greed, avarice etc. The list can literally go on forever. Put yourself in God's shoes, what does he dislike? Practically everything that represents America.

Lol. Need i say more? Politicians, those left wings and right wings=one bird.

Everything you listed matches the U.S. to a T, think about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus

Or your just another weak minded fool who points to religion for everything

Irrelevant to the OP, please keep your comments to yourself if they do not pertain to the post.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Doesn't your discription match Hitler's Germany? Are you going to call Germany the "Whore of Babylon?" What about France, pretty racey place, wink wink. Fashion city!!! Talk about the food and wine.......gluttons!

Wait? Aren't they allies and major players in the UN? Yes, deffinately France is the "Whore of Babylon." With their "Freedom Fries" and "Freedom Toast." (slaps the forehead) They gave us The Statue Of Liberty! We have been soooooooo blind!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

i can go with everything but this paragraph:

Israel suckles at the teet of a pagan goddess and Yahweh is about to pour out his wrath on her for Israel has once again worshipped another god before Him. This whore of babylon is the mistress of many religions and the abominations that flow from her cup are the religions that worship false gods, and the abominations of atheism and agnosticism, they who have total apathy for the laws of God and overflow with homosexuality, and fornication and Godlessness and the murders of babies and every form of abomination in the eyes of God. She, is the United States of America. Many thought the Whore was the Catholic Church but they are wrong by a fairly large margin.

theres a seperation betweensraeli citizens... Israeli politicians that worship carnal zionism as opposed to spiritual zionism

the Israeli government is doing nothing more than accepting tribute from the slavish, cow like American government that is founded with Goyim (little more than instinctual animals according to ancient Hebrews.)

the USA as the scarlet whore atop the dragon is quite appropriate for the NY Fed and DC... the modern day manifestations of Sodom & Gommmorah of antiquity.. the Israelies are playing us to the max & laughing behind our backs... especially about 911,,, & the yearly 10X Billions given the State to absolve ourselves of bias and umberage against
Jews... but playing the 'safe' card of favoring their God just in case he is real & can send plagues on us if we don't give tribute to the Israel & their God....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sons of liberty 1776
The conclusion is irrefutable. The whore is the Vatican. The guy who made the list I started with did some serious reaching. Some of those verses do not refer to the Whore, even obliquely. When you take only the verses actually concerned with the Whore, the evidence is damning.

i always wondered if the martyrs were not the millions in europe, america, and the middle east killed for refusing to become part of this church.

to be willing to die rather than acknowledge the authority of a corrupt institution.

and found it interesting to talk to people from the caribbean and south america and how many knew the role of the pope in the institution of slavery.
edit on 13-9-2011 by citizen6511 because: add

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join