It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who only eat animals that 'arn't cute'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of friends of mine (all girls) only eat meat that is from what they consider 'ugly animals. My x gf who is still my best friend is a smart girl but she refuses to eat meat on the bone because then she feels like its from an animal! Like without the bones you assume the meat grows from a plant!?!? Sorry I love her to bits but you know its from an animal so how is that different?

Also When we were together I wasn't allowed to eat duck or rabbit because they are 'sweet'.....yea sweet meat to EAT!!!!!!!

Anyway most people sort of just say 'awwww bless' at these girls who say 'I cant eat that because its sweet and cute!' as if other animals deserve the fate of being eaten because of how they look. I know girls can be shallow (no im not generalising all girls, just that some can just like some men can be) but with animals, really?

Are fully grown adults really so simple minded that they dont mind eating something that looks ugly, but think things that just look nice shouldnt deserve the same fate? To the point where I am made to not eat anything cute in their presence. How crazy is this! On a lot of cooking shows like 'come dine with me' the same thing is shown. Just because meat is on a bone how does that magically make it not ok to eat? like a breast fillet for example comes from a tree or a plant. And why o why does one animal deserve to die and other deserves to live just because of how they look? Can these people not look past appearances even when it comes to animals they are consumed as food!?!?!? People suddenly have a moral crisis like all their life they haven't known where meat really comes from? If they are like this with food, Lord help the men that they end up dating.

Im sure there are men who are just as bad, sorry if this seems to be a rant against girls but its only directed at a small % of girls I know and is not generalising women at all. If I knew a guy who did this too I would be ranting just as hard at hum too.

Anyone else know people like this? I understand why they feel this way, but am amazed that they can't use the tiniest amount of logic to realise how crazy and stupid this behaviour is. Instead when I question it they treat me like Im a weirdo for not caring about an animals well being if it looks cute. sorry but meat is meat to me and I'll eat what tastes good no matter how it looks. The only thing I wouldn't eat is Dog and this is because I have a very strong connection with all dogs (not just mine) and for me I'd feel sorta like I was eating another human (obviously not quite that bad, but its coming from this same instinct)

ahhhhhhhhh 2,3,4 and relax

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, tell her you will fry her up some rat. They are certainly not cute. See if she changes her tune.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
These sound like the same same people that fall for the marketing ploys of: 'Light', 'Healthy', 'Natural' and the 1% of profits proceed to charity. In most cases, those ploys are largely falsified or even opposites.

But hey, people come in many forms.

More, duck & rabbit for us to eat!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I couldn't give a damn!

Lambs are as cute as they come but God do they make a tasty roast!
when meat is on my plate I don't sit there thinking about how cute or ugly its face is, I couldn't care less as long as it tastes good!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I say we start cooking and eating the ugly girls....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

and as long as their were treated propers and killed in a manner which didnt result from being basically tourterd

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Cows are cute, I eat em. Bugs are ugly and repulsive, but in a pinch, if I had to, I might gag one down. Shrimp are the cockroaches of the ocean, but I eat em. Go figure.....

I love octopi, I have a genuine affinity for their spirits, and while underwater they are graceful and sometimes playful, but I must caution, dangerous. They're delicious raw with kim chee!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

amazing the maturity level of some people, eh? my wife liked to play vegatarian for quite some time, especially in public and when co-workers were involved. meanwhile if i served steak at home -nom nom nom- best keep your fingers away from her plate.

she is still a princess about chicken on the bone, it will go cold on her plate. then again, there is a whole lot of back-story there. some people like to live their lives in a very pretend and made-up world. how someone that comes from a very humble lower middle class home grows up to have champagne tastes on a beer budget makes me wonder. toss in entitlement issues, blah blah blah, it gets scary.

females in America are subjected to a lot of weird conditioning in their childhood. i do the food shopping and i see nearly two dozen different publications in the check-out queue. each of them are aimed at manipulating and twisting the women who read them, in one way or another. it's bizarre.

TV soap operas are the cherry on the cake. having a good relationship and a good life in a nice country isn't enough. have to watch trauma dramas featuring the seediest characters doing the most horrible things to each other. this is entertainment? it's sick and it's twisted.

stay single, you'll be much happier.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
reply to post by valiant

and as long as their were treated propers and killed in a manner which didnt result from being basically tourterd

Well for me this goes without saying! it's the least we could do for what they give us in the end!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ugly, pretty, somewhere in between .... they are all pink and delicious on the inside.

We are talking about women right?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I suppose it's a mighty good thing your ex and other friends have never spent any time around Cattle. Up close and individually they are actually cute with a very distinct personality all their own. That doesn't mean I have the slightest problem with cooking up some cheese burgers or steaks and enjoying my meal...but avoiding cute animals is an interesting approach to the dinner menu. lol...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernutty
I say we start cooking and eating the ugly girls....

when i see really petite women i can't help but think and wonder if they would make a nice buffalo wing on the BBQ grill. sick, i know, but weird shiat just floats into the head at times.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I know people like that, and it boggles my mind. I actually always thought that cows were cute, but I'll still eat a steak anytime, anywhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

You are bang on the money. In general these a good people who mean well, but they just don't look into anything or bother to investigate anything. They have been raised to believe whatever they are told. I often found it very frustrating telling my x about why certain companies should be avoided when it comes to giving money to charity for example some spend a lot of money on admin and on nice offices etc giving a very small % to the people they are collecting it for (basically running it as a business with profit the goal not the welfare of the people its helping) and she would think I was being silly because 'if they are a charity they must be good!'

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'll counter that with some questions.

Do you eat dog? Cat? Horse?

If not, why not?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Lol lambs certainly are sweet but they are my favourite meat by a mile! Lamb cutlets or steaks in gravy with mash = heaven on a plate

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernutty

shotgun the rump! Oh wait ugly girls!......

ooops

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thank you I am a bloke but I think cows are really cute as well! Me n my x were walking by a feild of them once and they massed by us in a huge group and as we approached towards the fence seperating to say hello they got all scared and started to quickly turn around and go despite being much larger than us and outnumbering us 50 to one. IT was really sweet seeing them acting worried like that coz of little old us, before they came over and just stared at us as if to say 'what are you????? you arn't a cow like us....' lovely animals, I eat steak a lot though still!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Well, tell her you will fry her up some rat. They are certainly not cute. See if she changes her tune.

Rats are soooo cute! I used to have a pet rat, and he was very cute and cuddly. Loved to play, and was very smart!

But going back on topic, yeah their logic is very odd. But some people just think shallowly, and are afraid to burst that delicate bubble that is called their conception of the world. I'm not saying that people who think that are necessarily shallow people, but they have the propensity of thinking very shallowly.

It's very similar to people who will not interact or want to be friends with someone because they are not as attractive as them. A la style Mean Girls. What someone looks like has nothing to do with their personality or tells whether or not that person would be a good friend. But in their heads looks matter more than substance. Same with eating animals. What an animal looks like has nothing to do with its intellectual capabilities, but to them the looks matter more. They just need to open their eyes. After all, the unexamined life is not worth living.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

So funny you say that. My x is the nicest person in the world but showed me a film she really wants to see about a girl who meets a boy online and it turns out to be a man who takes her away and abuses her. Its a really heavy drama and my reaction was 'why the f do you think i'd like to see that? It looks awful, I have 2 sisters and that scares the heck outa me'. She wanted to see it loads for some reason, sorta like morbid curiosity to see extreme situation out of their comfort zone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join