It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Sum of all Fears : What if Elenin is Nibiru?

page: 9
25
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros
 

1.The orbit of every planet is an ellipse with the sun at one of two foci.

2. A line joining a planet and the sun sweeps out equal areas during equal intervals of time.

3. The square of the orbital period of a planet is directly proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of its orbit.

Pay special attention to the third one and get back to me if you need help.




posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
there are so many things i'd like to point out are wrong but let me start by saying since when was nibiru ever theorised to be a comet? it was a planet last I heard, then brown dwarf, then I stopped listening to people on the subject online and am waiting for 2012 or whatever. its not visible so, maybe it will be a black hole next. in before if you will.

and uh, the electric universe theory explains comets and why ice has absolutely nothing to do with anything. magnetic fields extend in all directions in space, and comets exhibit a massive field known as the coma, which is better explained by plasma than ice, prove me wrong, everything in space is 'its ice' and i'm not seeing proof to back that up, even spectrographs disagree, elenin is made of hydrogen cyanide amongst other things, not exactly frozen water.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


So then, can you explain why Comet West, Comet Schwasmann-Wachmann, and others have broken up as they approached the Sun? Elenin is not the first example we have of a comet breaking up, so if you have a problem with it breaking up you also have a problem with a number of other comets.


I have a problem with being taught false science. Fact: Not one single comet that is known to NASA or all other space agencies, including the Stardust project, and the recent comet "landing" have revealed that ANY comet we have come across so far is made of ice and snow. Why did they break apart? Gravity maybe? A good question. A question which so far, I have yet to see answered. But does comets breaking apart mean they are made of ice and snow? Absolutely not.
edit on 13-9-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros
 


Didn't want to go beyond just reading some of the comical stuff this thread is bringing up, but after reading the Moon flipping bit ill just mention that last night when i looked at the moon it was no different than it was last year, or the year before or even the year before then.

And I look at the moon at least 2-3 times a night when it aint cloudy, or when it isnt up. Anyone who says the moon has flipped is either moronically unobservant, or deliberately spouting rubbish.

Im not saying you are Theophoros just who ever that YT vid is done by or anyone who believes it.

Never realized skunkworks was such interesting entertainment... do get quite a laugh out of reading some of this stuff.


edit on 13-9-2011 by BigfootNZ because: meh



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
there are so many things i'd like to point out are wrong but let me start by saying since when was nibiru ever theorised to be a comet? it was a planet last I heard, then brown dwarf, then I stopped listening to people on the subject online and am waiting for 2012 or whatever. its not visible so, maybe it will be a black hole next. in before if you will.

and uh, the electric universe theory explains comets and why ice has absolutely nothing to do with anything. magnetic fields extend in all directions in space, and comets exhibit a massive field known as the coma, which is better explained by plasma than ice, prove me wrong, everything in space is 'its ice' and i'm not seeing proof to back that up, even spectrographs disagree, elenin is made of hydrogen cyanide amongst other things, not exactly frozen water.


At least someone agrees with me. To the others: Show me one comet, that we know about, made of ice and snow. I will wait...



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


You do realize that other substance other than water can be frozen right? Comets are composed of a number of frozen inert substances, including water. After the Deep Impact mission one astronomer even compared the makeup of the outer layer of a comet to a snow bank.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


We absolutely know that comets are made of rock, dust, ice, frozen CO2, CO, CH4, and NH3.

All these things have been proven with spectroscopy.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


You do realize that other substance other than water can be frozen right? Comets are composed of a number of frozen inert substances, including water. After the Deep Impact mission one astronomer even compared the makeup of the outer layer of a comet to a snow bank.


Sure there might be some water on their surfaces, however, that doesn't negate the fact that not one single comet has been found that is composed of water and ice, as we are taught in schools even to this very day. Even images from the Deep Impact mission itself have shown clearly that even that comet wasn't made of snow and ice. Are they just going to keep telling us they are made of snow and ice until they actually find one that is compromised of that? Probably. I for one am not going to steer away from the fact and the fact is: No matter how much we want to believe it, and no matter how many textbooks print it, no comet to the day has been found to be made of ice and snow. If anything the Deep Impact mission revealed that there is less ice and snow on that particular comet than thought. I participated in the Stardust project when they did distributed computing to find the comet particles. The facts remain the same regardless of how much you don't want to believe them.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


We absolutely know that comets are made of rock, dust, ice, frozen CO2, CO, CH4, and NH3.

All these things have been proven with spectroscopy.



Indeed...but tell me what percentage of ice/snow was in those comets? And i mean H2O.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros
 
Like I am about to believ your insider ...got any links or other stuff that might change my mind?
peace



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 



Comets are about 50 percent water by weight.
Source: jpl.nasa.gov



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 
There was much speculation about comets but I think that the electric universe had the best predictions that show just whats going on ....peace



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 



Comets are about 50 percent water by weight.
Source: jpl.nasa.gov


A direct link would work great. And again: NASA can say all they want that they are made mostly of ice and snow. Their own evidence proves them wrong. Again: facts don't change because you cease to believe them.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


The "dirty snowball" metaphor is used because it's easy for the layman to grasp as opposed to giving them the names of a bunch of chemicals and telling them to picture them frozen. Do you have a similar reaction when someone refers to short term or long term memory? I ask because that's pretty much the same situation. The Atkinson-Shiffrin model of memory has been outdated for decades, but it's easier to teach to the layman. Once you actually go in to the field you learn the correct models right away and your research is based off of these models, not the outdated ones.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


The "dirty snowball" metaphor is used because it's easy for the layman to grasp as opposed to giving them the names of a bunch of chemicals and telling them to picture them frozen. Do you have a similar reaction when someone refers to short term or long term memory? I ask because that's pretty much the same situation. The Atkinson-Shiffrin model of memory has been outdated for decades, but it's easier to teach to the layman. Once you actually go in to the field you learn the correct models right away and your research is based off of these models, not the outdated ones.


So we teach misinformation as being facts? That's ridiculous. You either teach what is a fact, or don't teach at all. The public schools in the US are already failing beyond repair. So lets just keep teaching children and young adults wrong information because they can comprehend it better? Ridiculous. That just goes to show how lazy the vast majority of the education system has become: Basically saying lets teach what isn't factual, so that later in school they learn the correct way. Next.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


I will take solid science any day over foolish theories based on delusion.

These tools you are using to develop your stupid theories were developed by people who are scientists.

How ironic is that for ya.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


I will take solid science any day over foolish theories based on delusion.

These tools you are using to develop your stupid theories were developed by people who are scientists.

How ironic is that for ya.


My theories? They are not my theories. This is basic fact. We landed on a fricking comet and even then it proved that comets are not made entirely of ice and snow. You can bad mouth me all you want. If you refuse to accept basic facts, that's not my problem.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33
Why do people always have to make fun of others on here?
We are all at different stages of awakening.
We all had to ask questions at some point.......didn't we?


I would hope that everyone will always ask more questions.

In fact, the more you learn, the more you want to learn even more. And this leads to increased questioning.

I find that people who know very little tend to be the ones who ask very few questions at all.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophoros

Originally posted by Phage
What if my uncle was a woman?
Then he'd be my aunt!
Wow!

Since Nibiru does not exist your question makes less sense than mine.
edit on 9/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)


You premise is based upon the fallacy that Nibiru does not exist.

Please provide proof that it does not exist.

Also, please provide names of comets that have broken up that you claim to have studied...


And I don't have a cat named "maximilius"( truthfully I don't):

Prove that I don't. You can't prove a negative.This is such b.s.
A "glp" video link ?



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE
 


Well , you can prove a negative, sometimes.

Like here is a good example:

"Prove that my hand is Not as big as the entire universe!"

You can look around for 1 sec, determine there is no giant hand crushing everything in existence, and then easily find absolute solid proof that their hand is not as big as the universe. If photographic evidence is necessary for proof, than take pics, if the pics reveal anything except a giant hand, than you have proved the negative.

This is a very rare exception but there is indeed exceptions although tenuous at best.




top topics



 
25
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join