It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sum of all Fears : What if Elenin is Nibiru?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

Sigh. Dude, Nibiru is the babylonian name for Jupiter, so you don't have to worry about it. Youre thinking about planet x, a.k.a. Eris, as dubbed by NASA. Stop reading that Zecharia Sitchin garbage.

Elenin is nothing more than a comet, the world is not going to end anytime soon. Humanity might experience some changes but its not going to just disappear overnight (not unless theres all out nuclear war worldwide). I'd be more worried about the asteroid called Apophis than i would Elenin.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

OK,

At least you have the strength of your convictions.

I won't try to change your mind as I suspect i would fail.

Cheers, no offense or insults were ever intended.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

DragonFire1024

I really do not want to have a continual fight here. But I have to make this observation.

You are quoting current scientific findings in your inquiry, however you are stating that they have resulted in facts.

This shows to me that you do not have much of an understanding of the scientific method. There are no FACTS here when it comes to discussing the nature of comets. This is 100% theory, and it will be that way until science actually has a piece of one, in hand and even then it will only be a FACT for that particular comet.

Science says that they are 50% water and other compounds and elements like carbon, Iron, Methane, Olivine, and a mariad of other stuff. So..... What is your point?

My point is simple: The fact is that we don't have a single comet made entirely of ice and snow. That is no theory. If it is 100% theory then where does the 50% water ice come in as a fact if it is theory? Cannot have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Again,
It comes from Science, and they say 50%. No one said fact. Everything science says about comets is theory.

It is theory, but based upon scientific observation, and that is the watermark until proven otherwise by another theory.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Again,
It comes from Science, and they say 50%. No one said fact. Everything science says about comets is theory.

It is theory, but based upon scientific observation, and that is the watermark until proven otherwise by another theory.

So lets ignore the Stardust result? Or the Deep Impact results...both of which has disproven that comets are made of ice and snow? We have PHYSICAL evidence and you want to ignore that? Ok then...so much for facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

So lets ignore the Stardust result? Or the Deep Impact results...both of which has disproven that comets are made of ice and snow? We have PHYSICAL evidence and you want to ignore that? Ok then...so much for facts.

Wow, we can keep this up all night. There is no PROVEN, The only PHYSICAL evidence that leads to fact is to have a piece of a comet in hand. We know the theories say that they are more than ice and snow, and are made of other things as well.... All you can say is one theory disproves another theory, but physical evidence means owning a piece of it, and only that trumps theory and becomes fact.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sept. 13 was birthday.
My ATS birthday wish is that the trolls stop talking about Elenin.

The people who are still obsessed with this thing need to start support group: ELENON, a 12 step program for those addicted to thought of worldwide annihilation via space rocks...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Good lord almighty, I can't wait until this stupid comet comes and goes. I am getting tired of these threads.

Not good enough....... up next..........12 21 2012

hehe........now when that one passes then it will all be over.......until the next comet

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
Sept. 13 was birthday.

The people who are still obsessed with this thing need to start support group: ELENON, a 12 step program for those addicted to thought of worldwide annihilation via space rocks...

So the ones that believe JFK was a conspiracy need to do the same thing? Next...
edit on 14-9-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Good lord almighty, I can't wait until this stupid comet comes and goes. I am getting tired of these threads.

Not good enough....... up next..........12 21 2012

hehe........now when that one passes then it will all be over.......until the next comet

Who said 2012 had anything to do with a comet?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Sept. 13 was birthday.

So the ones that believe JFK was a conspiracy need to do the same thing? Next...

First of all, are you stalking me man; from where do you get your information? I never mentioned JFK...

Okok, I think you're saying I should want JFK conspiracy believers too have a support group too. You weren't very clear, and besides I don't have a clever name on hand for those guys. But then again the JFK conspiracy theories never have (and never will) reach the proportions of idiocy of this whole Elenin mythos

edit on 14-9-2011 by Threadfall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Sept. 13 was birthday.

First of all, are you stalking me man; from where do you get your information? I never mentioned JFK...

You don't need to. Just because people believe in one thing that differs from your belief doesn't make them mental or in a need of a support group. Comets and asteroids hit earth before and will again. There is no conspiracy about that nor would you need a support group to know that will happen again. When is another story.
edit on 14-9-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Listen. no offense personally, I mean I like the idea of a world changing event as much as most people here. But when the basic information crumbles like a castle made of sand then whole conspiracy shouldn't be far behind...especially if the conspiracy is about a comet that literally crumbled!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
You got Elenin in my Nibiru!!!

You got Nibiru in my Elenin!!!

Two great fakes that fake great together!!!

Was there a confection accidentally invented this way?
I mean you got some Venus butter on my chocolate pard.
The Law of Attraction will do Terra in with a glob of cosmic
buckshot. I guess I should try and sell those tools now.....
there won't be anything left to fix after this candy commercial.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

You're absolutely right; some of these guys resent the newcomers for not being updated with the latest and greatest. But but some are attention cravers that don't take on to the lessons that one might try and convey..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

DragonFire1024

I really do not want to have a continual fight here. But I have to make this observation.

You are quoting current scientific findings in your inquiry, however you are stating that they have resulted in facts.

This shows to me that you do not have much of an understanding of the scientific method. There are no FACTS here when it comes to discussing the nature of comets. This is 100% theory, and it will be that way until science actually has a piece of one, in hand and even then it will only be a FACT for that particular comet.

Science says that they are 50% water and other compounds and elements like carbon, Iron, Methane, Olivine, and a mariad of other stuff. So..... What is your point?

My point is simple: The fact is that we don't have a single comet made entirely of ice and snow. That is no theory. If it is 100% theory then where does the 50% water ice come in as a fact if it is theory? Cannot have your cake and eat it too.

everyone using fact and theory this way is doing it wrong.
a fact is a piece of information, stuff falls to the ground is a fact, birds have feathers is a fact, comets containing 50% or more ice or water is a fact.
theories are constructed explanations for facts. no one ever claimed that comets are made entirely of ice, by the way why do you say "ice and snow"? snow is still ice.
heck a dirty snow ball isn't all ice or snow either, it can have rock or dust in it, haven't you ever made a snow out of the last of the snow?

you guys really need to learn what theory means in science, all this bandying around with the word when you aren't using it right makes me /facepalm.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If 9/11 conspiracy theory is valid then there will be NO elenin neither nibiru or the planet with 50 names!..if 9/11 it was really a terrorist attack and the goverment is innocent then we should prepare for the worst !!!!!...i am not religious , actually i hate the concept of GOD, i do belive that don`t exist, but i have no evidence of that or contrarium that really exist , but in the bible like other old ancient documents there are mentioned times of distruction in the history of Terra, in Bible there is a qoute: (i am not quite good at english so please forget the grammar errors); there will be a stone (rock), lifted, not by man hand , and will be bigger and bigger till will ocult the sun and earth"...i ken not remember the chapter where you can find now this passage, but it is true.......another ideea ,what if we humanity called this "rock" , to come and revenge ??..with our thots,......beacause there are more and more humans that think of this to be , and maybe there is the power of the brain waves to do that and send a message to the "Intelligence Universe or Substance ", and this is the answer The Planet With 50 Names Will Be here to answer our wishes?!?!?!?!?...be aware of what you think maybe this will become truth !!!...right ..????

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Sept. 13 was birthday.

You don't need to. Just because people believe in one thing that differs from your belief doesn't make them mental or in a need of a support group. Comets and asteroids hit earth before and will again. There is no conspiracy about that nor would you need a support group to know that will happen again. When is another story.
edit on 14-9-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

it does when they refuse to accept that physics denies any possibility of what they claim. comets have never had affect on the earth, to do that the object would have to be as big as the moon or bigger.
the idea that an object bigger than jupiter could sneak so close without us seeing the affects of the object denies the possibility that nibiru is real.
a 3600 year orbit (what is that in light years?) without being pulled into orbit around our sun is impossible, and even so, if the planet could orbit us without being pulled out of its own suns orbit, why wouldn't that sun rip us out of our suns orbit?
anyone who thinks that a planet could orbit close to the earth and still do it more than once doesn't care about the truth, they only care about believing what feels good.

i want someone to explain to me how an object floating miles away from us heading toward the sun could cause earth quakes, while the moon, thousands of miles bigger can't.
what they are claiming is that an object in space is causing the plates of the earth to move, which even the moon can't do! the moon is three thousand miles across and yet an object a tenth the size of it can do something the moon can't do?
how the heck would a comet cause earth earthquakes? they have hardly any gravity, no mass to really speak of but yet people claim they cause earthquakes?
it is almost as bad as trying to figure out how HAARP is supposed to do it! just think of what we could do if we had that power.. could move countries around!
edit on 14-9-2011 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

What if Elenin is really a mutant star goat that is heading to the Sun to eat it? Having already eaten Nibiru?

Ah, you never thought of that did you
The evidence suggest that this is very likely the case (unless, of course, remote a possibility though it may be, Elenin is just a small insignificant comet)

All aboard the 'B' Ark ...... !

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
oooh theodopolopolis has suddenly gone quiet...

Such absolute drivel this!!!

It's a lil broken up snowball....might have got a lil sunburnt...it will be above the eliptic

I guess next its yoo hoo 55 (YU55)

Yawn.....

I love saying this just lately
Close the door on your way out
what a hoot!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join