It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Flotus saying?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
My mom can read lips - she is deaf. I'll send her the link and report back if she can make anything of it.

Okay, I heard back from my moms. This is what she says about the video, and she is a damn good lip reader:

"I couldn't make it out. It seems like she purposely kept her lips from moving much, probably
so nobody could figure it out. Her expression leaves something to be desired."

This leads me to believe that all you people who are reading her lips are really just seeing bunnies in the clouds. I do agree with the last word looking like "flag", but that's about it.

edit on 15-9-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

I would agree. People are imparting what they want to believe what she said on her. I'm not an Obama fan, but I seriously doubt she said anything out of the ordinary. She still should have waited till after the ceremony was over before commenting on ANYTHING.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Experts in Sign Language and Oralism agree, she is saying : "amazing how they fold that flag"

There is a post about it on a deaf topic forum: www.alldeaf.com...

I cannot lip read and therefore I am not going to put words into her mouth.. lol I decided to find the truth elsewhere.

And to me, the look she makes is a look of wonder and disbelief..kind of a "ghee whiz.. that's pretty darn cool", emote.

But that's just my opinion...

Sidenote: I posted this exact post on that other forum, and was banned by Mr. T himself.. probably the best thing to happen to me yesterday.. lol
edit on 16-9-2011 by Artlicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
alright then

i guess for someone who has their "help" do their laundry would find

folding amazing i could take a pot shot about intelligence here what "absolutely amazing how they fold a flag"

something i learned to do in grade school but why. i will just leave it as

easily amused or amazed
edit on 16-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I would say that she was remarking on the care and respect they showed while folding the flag, not the actual technical aspect of the folding itself.

I swear to god, the intelligence and analytical level on ATS has dropped massively in the last couple of years.... It's like having to explain things to children or something.

What is going on?

Sheesh...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
There's no disgracing the country, there's no insulting the occasion or anything like that.

She either says

"love how they fold the flag" or "look how they fold the flag"

The shake of the head is one of amazement at how respectfully and decently the people are "folding" the flag, hence her comment about folding the flag...

That's it.

It is a nice, genuine and sincere moment between two people who are touched and moved at a ceremony.

You weirdos want to see hate and insensitivity where there is none

Get a grip people.

Or she's saying "All's that left is the flag?"

This is a ceremony honoring the only evidence left from a horrific event! The US flag! I can't imagine a woman in her position disrespecting a cerermony honoring the US flag. She knew what it was all about before she attended.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Regardless of what she is saying, do you really thing she would be dumb enough to say something negative.. I highly doubt it. These people are trained!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by neo96

I would say that she was remarking on the care and respect they showed while folding the flag, not the actual technical aspect of the folding itself.

I swear to god, the intelligence and analytical level on ATS has dropped massively in the last couple of years.... It's like having to explain things to children or something.

What is going on?

Sheesh...

Again, coming from two people who had absolutely no pride in their country till Obama campaigned....I don't care what she said. BO refused to wear the flag pin on his lapel as if to let the his base know he will dismantle all that is to be proud of the US.
edit on 18-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artlicious
Experts in Sign Language and Oralism agree, she is saying : "amazing how they fold that flag"

There is a post about it on a deaf topic forum: www.alldeaf.com...

I cannot lip read and therefore I am not going to put words into her mouth.. lol I decided to find the truth elsewhere.

And to me, the look she makes is a look of wonder and disbelief..kind of a "ghee whiz.. that's pretty darn cool", emote.

But that's just my opinion...

Sidenote: I posted this exact post on that other forum, and was banned by Mr. T himself.. probably the best thing to happen to me yesterday.. lol
edit on 16-9-2011 by Artlicious because: (no reason given)

Isn't it amazing how so many people who have a negative opinion of the Obamas jump at the chance to spin this event in a negative way? I don't like Obama's politics one bit, but I wouldn't hesitate to play some Texas Hold'em with the guy and take him for a fat stack. I certainly don't impart my opinion on something like this.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
whats the point ? this bag pipe ceremony is weird for colored people. they just cannot connect to this "white" ritual. i dont see a problem with that.

Christ, are you freaking kidding me? Are you for real?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join