It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you here? Why are you still here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I came for the conspiracies, I stayed for the face palms.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

I initially did not come to this site for conspiracies. I was looking for a site in the supernatural as it intrigues me. Not saying I'm a believer. But the content on this site dragged me in.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have been a lurker for a very long time to ATS - I would put my interest in being here to basic human nature and the knowledge that my thoughts are generally mostly 'outside the box'. We tend to look for 'others' who share common thoughts and interests - those who might 'consider' the unthinkable or the unimaginable - the world is a fascinating place - so are peoples minds and methods of thinking and belief systems - maybe I like 'lighting' the 'dark roads' who can be sure of 'why' anything? but its all an eyeopening ride whether philosophically or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHistorian
I got in a debate at work about conspiracy theories and why conspiracy theorists look for the truth... This seemed lost on them for some reason. I exampled to them that different people are looking for different things, like 9/11 truthers are looking for the real reasons for 9/11, cryptozoologists are looking for evidence of cryptids, some of us are just looking (this is me), etc etc.

It got me thinking... So WHAT brought you here? Are you out to change the world? Or just looking for the truth? Or just looking for some entertaining reading?
edit on 9/12/2011 by TheHistorian because: (no reason given)

ATS is an incredible resource and reference. There is an abundancy of information...and knowledge leads to the truth, whether or not its the truth we seek is another story.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
onestly i am here because i want to find more information about the plans the ellites have install for us

and how they are planning them I wish to reveal them and tell whats going to happen to us in the future .
and the research i have done is kinda scary , i wish to talk about this stuff here because people here have done research and pretty much want to know the TRUTH !

who doesn't?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I came to this forum to discuss the recent uproaring conspiracy of bottsrgeddon. I know there are believers out there I was hoping to run across some threads about it. With the Aluminati being behind it I know it might be masked and hard to find info; but that is what I'm in search of.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'd say a bit of the last 2. I'm looking for truth but at the same time I'm looking for enteraining stories. I cant even begin to imagine if half of the things that I read here and other sites were true. But then there are things that just for what ever reason ring true to me, that I just feel this need to press farther and farther into.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I came here because I am an infoholic and was fed up with MSM.

I read much more than I post, and have been doing so for the past 3-4 years.

It's interesting to be in a venue where there are so many topics, with insightful perspectives, and wonderful characters. And most of all, if you want to, you can *participate* versus passively watching while talking to the telelvision, screen, or whatever.

True there are downsides, but you can filter through them--but then your time becomes an issue...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I came here by way of a facebook game called yoville. Somebody started a room called abovetopsecret every night around the same time in the discussions section and I used to go there to discuss the paranormal, religion, and was introduced to conspiracy. After chatting with the room owner I found out abovetopsecret was an actual website. And i've been here every since.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I came here to find out more on the Global meltdown that is staring us in the faces. I don't trust the MSM, so I'm looking for varied perspectives and other sources to try and understand what's really going on in the economies of the world. I'm not naive enough to think I can change anything but if I can figure out what is really going on, I may be able to warn my family and friends of what to watch for and what to expect.
Also, I'm amazed at some of the intelligent discussions that occur daily in all sorts of threads. There are some very intelligent people participating here.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I originally came to this site when it was very different in the late 90's like 98 or 99 I think. It was then about FIOA UFO documents released that made this site a hit for me. Once I had read the files available here for download I did not come back until nearly 10 years later when someone mentioned the site and I told them I had been here so many years ago when researching a book because this kid had all of these FIOA UFO documents he was publishing to the web. My friend kind of acted like what are you talking about so I had to come and see and it was a totally different site. It was like a huge conspiracy theory and fringe subject message board. Lots of material here for many new books so I stayed and come back often.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I lurked here off and on for about two years before finally deciding on joining.

I've been a member of many forums over the years, but after a while, I always ended up disliking them due to the way they were moderated (god syndrome) and/or the way posters handled themselves in threads (god syndrome again). It just seems to me that most of the population on the internet forums are asleep at the wheel and absolutely refuse to look/think outside the box when confronted with an idea that goes against the normalcy grain.

What attracted me about this place was the alternative news (got tired of the MSM propaganda crap stringing the public along), the open-mindedness of alternative theories and the healthy but cautious skepticism that goes along with it, the strict policy of politeness and respect for other posters (even though we've all taken our turns at snapping once in a while
), the great links and sources given in threads by ATS's "detective extraordinaires", and of course, the conspiracies.

What keeps me here ?

Those exact same things.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bottsranzee

I came here for the same thing. I saw someone else mention it on another site and i started searching for more about it. It brought me here. Looking to learn more while I'm here too

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I came on here for the ability to post my own threads about intresting things.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I came here by chance one night of truth hunting.....I stayed in one form or another because I never found what Im looking for....maybe never will....

good up to date information
trustworthy fact checkers
smart people with conscience
my fellow man....I like to listen and be heard
edit on 19-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I discovered this site in 2005 looking for ufo reports hoping id find someone who has experienced what I have. I didnt find anyone but there were similar reports.

What keeps me here has to be the entertaining subjects to read. Before I found this site I wasnt much of a reader. I've learned a lot here and where else on the webs do you hear a new prophecy from the messiah of the month?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I came here originally in an effort to learn more about the UFO and abduction and related phenomena. In the process I became vastly more skeptical and agnostic than I had been in the past, which I view as ultimately a positive thing. I remain here (despite enormous frustration at times) because this site has proven to be a valuable resource in terms of information and breaking news.

While much of what is posted on ATS turns out to be hoaxes, inaccurate, or unrelated to my interests, there have been numerous occasions where accurate, valuable information was posted here before anywhere else. That continues to happen on a semi-regular basis.

In addition, I respect everyone here and admire the majority of the membership with which I've interacted and I enjoy some of the discussions I take part in (or just lurk and read, which is what I do most of the time now.)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've been here for awhile but just recently signed up to share my own thoughts with others on various subjects. I live a life of great fear of the unknown and everything. I mainly come here to read about what I fear and see what others have to say about it. I can honestly say that from being here I have calmed down dramatically on my fears and worries. So.. I'm here to learn about the global meltdown, aliens & ufos, nwo, survival and other such related subjects.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A friend of mine showed me this site months ago, and I've been checking in everyday for just as long. I love having access to the non-MSM(non-mainstream media) and the fact that we have a say-so here. One more thing thats nice is the incredibly small number of trolls here. Trolls like to throw their voice and credibility away with lies, anger, and deception, for of all things, a laugh. Here, I shall speak only sooth, for I only have my word.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was researching something one day (lost civilizations) and from link to link came here to the ANCIENT & LOST CIVILIZATIONS section and after a few times of coming back i started to read other post and here i am.

There is a lot of cra......"stuff" to sort but there are some very intelligent people posting great things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join