It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you here? Why are you still here?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I got in a debate at work about conspiracy theories and why conspiracy theorists look for the truth... This seemed lost on them for some reason. I exampled to them that different people are looking for different things, like 9/11 truthers are looking for the real reasons for 9/11, cryptozoologists are looking for evidence of cryptids, some of us are just looking (this is me), etc etc.

It got me thinking... So WHAT brought you here? Are you out to change the world? Or just looking for the truth? Or just looking for some entertaining reading?
edit on 9/12/2011 by TheHistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well first and foremost it was 911, secondly it was the major change in our weather here due to whatever you think may be the reason.
You can't tell two life long gardeners there is nothing different about the weather here.
We garden like mad here and we observe everything related to our little paradise here.
Regards, Iwinder and wife.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I came for the insightful threads and inspiring posts.

And a lady mod I met once in a bar, thought I might like the witty exchanges.

and the fantastic fiction and poetry.

and I'm still here because I haven't been banned. But lately.........

edit on 12-9-2011 by whaaa because: 6t6 code

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

This place is amazing, it is the perfect example IMO of the line between genius and insanity.

There are so many things we want, wish, need and dont know and this is one of those places where pieces of truth trickle slowly into the mountain of garbage. It is up to the individual to seek this truth but your no doubt going to be shifting through some crap. The destination is nothing without the journey, so I think the crap out there is more useful then we think it is, if anything to keep us on the path of truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would have to say i came here for knowledge on UFO's and Aliens. I got over that topic and an now here for the Globle Melt Down and NWO topics. Im now a "Prepper"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am here to seek the truth and enjoy myself. The subject matter on ATS is so diverse and entertaining. I also like their T&C's and... I have made a couple of mistakes since I joined and they were pointed out! I am learning.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
inks and links and links.
a diversity thats hard to explain.
if 20% of the site is actually willing to sit down and actually have a discussion, im willing to stay.
i like knowledge. this is the only "conspiracy site" i will go to anymore.

here you can find the news your friends will get days in advance. that alone gives it news gathering potential, and a better place for BOTH sides of an issue to be seen. what good is arguing if everyone on a site has the same view on it? not good for creativity

then you have the entertainment, and there can be quite a bit of it with this many people. and many of it linked from the other conspiracy sites.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I came as saw a sight with everything from JFK to 9/11 these days however I really don't know. It's like the biblical quote "when the internet is full the troll shall walk ATS" seems like the quality has tailed off and all you get now is stars and flag whores that churn out 19 threads a day. I come now out of habit to be honest

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It was fear and horror that brought me here, fear after meeting a very serious foreign government agent and my own horror that my own government had sold me out. I think I linked to here from Google. There is so much weird and wonderful stuff on here that I learned to relax. I pick and choose threads to read and for the most part I find them enjoyable reading.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i found this place when looking into roswell. i googled a particular person involved in that case, and looked for associated text and it came up ATS.. i have changed and grown knowledge on a daily basis since then... also, i am glad my boss enjoys it, otherwise the 2-5 hours i spend here every work day would certainly get someone fired! but since then, i have grown into a lot of other things, there is SO MUCH going on here, it is hard to stay focused at times... like whaaa said, i am glad i haven't been banned... guess they're just waiting for the ultimate wrong response... also, i am awaiting the choppers and mid to come busting through any day now... well, that's what my boss says, and he's one of the old schooler's here... but he doesn't know who i am

and just by the way, after look back, i didn't even post in the thread that brought me here... i got way too caught up here www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here www.abovetopsecret.com...
and then i found out the main interest to me was controversial history, like here (one of my favorite threads by the way) www.abovetopsecret.com... , and i made it in right before jared loughner went bonkers, so i looked heavily into that once atser... but mostly i have stuck to dream theory and ufo's aliens, and history... this is the most interesting place i have ever traveled... even if it's only virtually... i am forever changed...
deny ignorance!
edit on 12-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add look back

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I came here because I wanted to know what people were saying about Gobekli Tepi. I stayed because I really appreciate the exchange of ideas across a broad range in viewpoints. There does seem to be quite a bit of intelligence among the posters...excepting of course the dingbats.
ATS is unique in its scope and the diversity is engaging and I must say that I've learned a lot, been enlightened a lot and now I must confess that I am officially addicted

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Some things on this website seem redundant. All I want to do before I die is see space with my own eyes. I don't care about religion(I'm Atheist) or 911(No offense but why keep rehashing it) or whatever. I just come here for Alien and space related topics, and posts. Space is surreal and id love to be privileged enough to gaze upon it myself. What about you OP, why are you still here?
edit on 12-9-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: Forgot to add something

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

That biblical troll comment is freaking hilarious... I haven't been here all that long but I am amazed at some of the stuff people post on this site.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I personaly am here just to gather the pulse of society. We all have our own opinions on what the reflection of true intelligence is. This is a great spot to hear the latest news long before it hits the mainstream and I also conjecture on many of the subjects presented here. This site is a gift of knowledge as long as you are "choosey" about what you buy into. I buy into the "deny ignorance" for sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I missed your second question as " why are you still here"?
We are still here because we toasted our cable tv and get our news and views here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I came for the ghosts and UFO's.Stayed for the site as a while.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It is interesting to see how people's view change. I came mostly because of doing some research on ufos and stayed for the interesting reads. I never realized the scope of conspiracy. Things I never thought of as conspiracies were revealed to me here.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I was looking for a place to hang out with people who were free of the established dogmatic belief systems. Hopefully to find others who were free thinking enough to be able to comprehend to some degree what was going on in the world as things get tighter and tighter.

Well, I have found some here that have the ability to truly make me think beyond my usual parameters.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Brethren, I have come here to preach the Word in order to save us. For a place of gathering for those supposedly "open-minded" I have come to nothing but ridicule and disbelief.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I came here because of the BS surronding WMD's in Iraq.

I couldn't believe my Government would lie to me in such a way, let alone go on to deliver 7/7.

I am saddened by all the people who have not yet awakened and only hope that they will soon. Problem is, they have now created this global econmic problem, so whilst people are worrying about how they are going to pay their mortgage, they are not thinking about the other injustices in the World.

Maybe enough people will awake in the not too distant future.

By the way, I don't usually don't do this, but I posted a similar question about 2 weeks ago. www.abovetopsecret.com... Peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join