It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obese Man Suing Whitecastle Over Seating

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Ok, there has to be a point where you look at yourself and think, "You know what. I think im a bit far on the chubby side, maybe i should change my eating habits and use my legs a bit more before i need one of those scooter thingys to get around"

Maybe, like, when you can't fit in a take-a-way chair?

Just curious...are you perfectly content with all your choices in life? Are you without vice, beyond reproach, or otherwise qualified to denounce complete strangers for their failings? Are you fair, honest, and kind in your dealings with all people? Wait...I already know you aren't. So there you go, a little balance -- since we're offering advice to strangers and all, there's something you can work on.

That said, I agree it's a silly suit to bring. But as someone who is medically underweight, I notice a strange preoccupation with the other side of the scale that doesn't seem to apply to folks like me, whose health can be just as compromised. Why is that, I wonder, only not really, because I know.
edit on 12-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing it out when someone is dangerously overweight. I didn't see that poster claim to be perfect either.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Amen to that baby! I'm tired of some of these fat people coming out and trying to make themselves comfortable in a normal society. And these people ain't getting no smaller, one look at some of these people and they make me want to diet.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is part of the reason the rest of the world hates America. We have access to any type of food we want 24 hours a day and other places of the world cant even get potable water.

Id be to ashamed to complain that I couldnt fit in a booth, let alone sue over it.

White Castle should offer him all you can eat sliders, after bout 15 we'd never hear from this fat bastard again.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d07d431c413.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm not even fat but good lord, that picture makes me want to lose my few extra pounds.
if you can't fit in the sit you don't need to be there.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Fascinating.

I would be interested to know just how large of a rear end does he expect restaurants to accommodate? 400 pounds? 500?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
White castle is awesome! Welcome to america where you can sue

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daraSD
Fascinating.

I would be interested to know just how large of a rear end does he expect restaurants to accommodate? 400 pounds? 500?

To tell you the truth if you want to know that, sit in front of a walmart and watch people go in. I've seen some people that are probably over 500 pounds

My god, it's sad how people pay no attention to their lives. I guess that burger distracts them from it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My only thoughts, "There's a white castle in New York??!"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My first reaction is rage,

But then I realized that corporate greed, brainwashing, and harmful chemicals got this man addicted to horrible food. And he probably won't enjoy his life. He only has horrible food, and gluttony.

Not to mention they have brainwashed the idea of money into his head, making him want to sue the hand that feeds him.

*Facepalm x1000

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I didn't see the fat person claim not to be fat, either. I just figured if we're talking about what people could improve about themselves I'd join the discussion. Why do you feel it's okay to criticize someone's body but not their personality?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by BohemianBrim

Looks like he is slouching to prove a point. I have seen bigger people than that in fast food joints.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Looks like he is slouching to prove a point. I have seen bigger people than that in fast food joints.

I was thinking the same thing. If he was sitting up straight I wonder if his stomach would even touch the table. I really don't understand where this man gets off thinking that a company should spend it's profits to accommodate his weight when he could simply stop eating fast food or do some freaking exercises.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I love it! this stuff is comedy GOLD people.
You know what big guy? Why don't you waddle yourself through the drive through, you meet the size requirement.
I done seen this in action, at a chinese buffet, this big fat smelly guy made 4 chinese dudes MOVE a booth bench, that was bolted down, so he can sit.
I mean, why should he pull out a normal chair and sit there instead? oh wait...he'd break it probably.

And don't say I'm being mean towards fattys...i'm 5'10" 240 pounds...I have the right

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I think the fact his sueing white castle reflects his personality.

And in your critisisms, yes i am happy with myself and i am fair towards others, but for god sakes man there is a point where anyone should look at themselves and think, "wait a tick".

Yes we all have vices, but if we over indulge and constantly have these vices, what are they vices for? You have too much of a vice its a habbit.

I enjoy to smoke, but i aint going to have 200 cuban cigars every day.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the man has been eating whitee casltes for 50 plus years with the weight issue and the choloesteral

hes has bigger things to worry about than a seat his butt cant fit in
edit on 13-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agreed. But of course they owe him for making him fat and unhealthy. It's not the responsibility of the patron to make wise dining decisions. It's everyone else's fault that I am 10 pounds overweight! Screw you cheese and wine manufacturers, your're next!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Are you as harsh a judge of other people's personalities as you are of their bodies? If not, why is that? If so, you must find life amongst humans in all their variety highly uncomfortable.

Look, I think suing White Castle over the seats is goofy, too, but it's just one guy. He doesn't represent every fat person you've ever seen, you know. There's a word for attributing to an entire group qualities which only apply to some individuals within it -- several words, in fact.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
MYTHS AND FACTS ABOUT THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT

MYTH: The ADA protects people who are overweight.

FACT: Just being overweight is not enough. Modifications in
policies only must be made if they are _reasonable_ and do not
fundamentally alter the nature of the program or service
provided. The Department has received only a handful of
complaints about obesity.

The above is from www.ada.gov. Fat chance he's gonna get anywhere with this.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join