It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obese Man Suing Whitecastle Over Seating

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

A 290-pound diner claims the White Castle chain has violated the civil rights of its more sizable clientele by not following through on promises to make its tight booths bigger to accommodate their bellies. Martin Kessman, a 64-year-old New Yorker, filed a complaint after he could barely squeeze into the fast-food restaurants booths and bumped his knees on the table's metal supports, the New York Post reported. Though White Castle said they would make the booths bigger, there's been no change. The seating's still too small for Kessman, who now sends his wife to get his sliders... to go, the Post said.

The manager offered to get the corpulent gentleman a normal sized chair, but apparently that wasn't good enough. i am so sick of incredibly overweight people complaining about not being coddled. This guy is probably 100 pounds + overweight and in my opinion it is not up to a business to placate people that don't take care of themselves. He had other options than bumping his knees, like using a normal chair and sitting at the end of the table.

Link

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Oh come on just get your burger and eat it in your car if your arse is so big! That is all enjoy...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Or stop eating burgers anyway you fat wrong-un and start realising if your too fat to sit in a fast food type establishment comfortably then you serisouly should not be in said establishment?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Seriously how fat of a fat bastard do you have to be to sue a fast food joint because you can't fit in their seats. Should be a wake up call. Hell maybe we should force fast food joints to have smaller seating to motivate the chunkies.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what happened to the "right to refuse service" ?

if he sues over this, nothing will stop him from suing when he finally has a heart attack.
sounds like he's made white castle his retirement plan.

ps- ive actually eaten at a white castle with an obese man, we sat at a table, no problem.
its not about coddling people who dont take care of themselves, its about not allowing scammers to scam.
edit on 12-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

You would think that upon suing a company you would automatically be barred from the establishment. I certainly wouldnt want this guy waddling about the place anymore. He has already indicated he is sue happy. I agree, this probably is his retirement.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don"t understand people.Why make this big deal out of something so trivial? I'm a fairly large man,not overweight,just large (6'5",260lbs),I have problems in most restaurants with the seating,my legs barely fit under the table,etc.,but to sue over it seems ridiculous.At 290lbs he has bigger more pressing issues.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
lol, should have posted the picture:

i.dailymail.co.uk...

worth a thousand words.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I tend to agree completely with the OP on this, but there is another angle to this that makes it amusing. If you think about it, White Castle "food" is what causes some of the problem he may force them to spend untold dollars to address or fix. It's a little bit of cosmic justice if one looks at it that way.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Personally, I hope he wins. Why? Because I was in there the other day and took a look at myself in their bathroom mirror, I didn't look so good. I'm sending White Castle a letter to demand that they hang mirrors that make me look more pleasing. If I don't look better soon, I'm gonna sue baby!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
white castle is one of the few fast food places im ok with. mainly because they dont ever pretend to be anything other than what they are. they sell fattening junk that tastes delicious, end of story.
if youre roped into going with people who dont care about their health, you can just buy a single hamburger and try it out and be perfectly fine, just an extra hour or so on the treadmill(lol)
if you go in there and order 500 tiny hamburgers, you know damn well what youre doing.

suing this place over the fact that youre too fat for the seats... LOL.. you have no shame.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Don't they have the right to refuse service to someone. Just tell him you aren't going to serve him and there you go, he has no more business being in the restaurant. At that point if you ask him to leave and he won't I believe the manager has the right to forcefully remove him from the property. Thats just me and I'm kind of an A## 0.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ok, there has to be a point where you look at yourself and think, "You know what. I think im a bit far on the chubby side, maybe i should change my eating habits and use my legs a bit more before i need one of those scooter thingys to get around"

Maybe, like, when you can't fit in a take-a-way chair?

He should not win. Im pretty sure they would have some seating regulations and sizes, everything has regulations now. Probably such as how big a table must at least be, and how many sized seats must be max allowed per table depending on the table size for fire hazards or what not.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, ya know I have troubles at every restaurant I go to that has booths, that's why I specifically ask for a table.
If I'm at a booth, if I sit to where I can reach the table, my feet dangle several inches from the floor, and I have no back support period. If I scoot back, I can't reach the table and I can't bend my knees. I think they should make booster chairs for adults.

Would I sue over something so trivial? Heck no!

edit on 12-9-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How is this a violation of his civil rights?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I don't think that it is. I do have a feeling he may win his suit if the store is found to be noncompliant with ADA laws. Really a shame.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As a person who has been over weight in the past ( Not any more) all I can say is... If you are too big to fit in the seats, you don't need to be eating fast food anyway.

yes, I know that not all weight problems are caused by overeating, but really, fat or skinny, you don't need to be eating at those places anyway.

edit on 12-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey, the world owes him a bigger booth!

/end Sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just seems like a shrewd business move to me. Smaller booths and seats, 2x as many people. Then again I bet this guy probably just mows down the burgers.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I go to a restaurant.
I do not like the chairs.
I do not go back to that restaurant.

Seems simple but maybe he is on to something. I hate the fact that when I go to the movies, they always charge me money. I really hate that they are not always showing Final Destination Marathons. I hate the way movie theater popcorn butter tastes since they changed it 20 years ago. I want this guys lawyer cuz I am going to make things happen!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join