It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a Long-Time Lurker, I'm a True Newb!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm new and awesome enough I've never clicked onto this website prior to my join date. So many people have been saying "Oh, I'm a long time lurker of blah blah months or blah blah years" so I feel kind of super-new, if you get my drift.
I don't know everything and won't pretend to, and my opinion is ever modifying itself to the knows that I have at present. I am hoping to up my knows and my opinion (i keep typing opium or onion... *twiddles thumbs* *whistles* *looks off screen* *continues*) and maybe contribute to some interesting conversations while I'm at it.
Is there a forum to share dreams? And I don't mean aspirations but those personal night films that play behind your eyelids....

Toddles and Soup For Everyone,
Rschmfem

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

Welcome friend, its great that you already know how to navigate the site and such.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Hi,
I'm new and awesome enough I've never clicked onto this website prior to my join date. So many people have been saying "Oh, I'm a long time lurker of blah blah months or blah blah years" so I feel kind of super-new, if you get my drift.

Well rschmfem, there's nothing wrong with trying to dress up your entrance, but it would have been more effective if you had established yourself here and then talked it up - but we all have our own standards...

Other than that, make the most of it while you are here...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines[/url

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread6688/pg1]Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi. Welcome to ATS.

If you click the link at the top of this page marked "FORUMS", then scroll about halfway down the page, you'll find the section marked " OFF TOPIC: General Chat Forums"

Middle column, second down is Dreams and Predictions. I hope that's what you're looking for.

Have fun.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Dreams and Predictions. I hope that's what you're looking for.
Have fun.

Yes. Perfect
Thank you!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, are you a dis-info agent?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

a "dis-info" agent?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS.

Feel good to have escaped from 'The Matrix'? Or are you still fully connected?

Noob.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Long time member here, welcome newbie!

I analyze dreams ! what a koinkydink!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Welcome.

ATS has just about anything you can dream off :smile:

If you don't see it; create it.

So, what is it about our not so humble little haven of fits, misfits and ultrafits, status rankings are labile, that made you decide to join us on your first visit here?

ATS can be addicting and you will never find us running short on opinions.

I like the dream threads also. See around the board.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

"dress up" entrances are for long time lurkers.... nom nom nom....
anyway thanks for the lukewarm welcome...

reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Smokey!!! I didn't see you on my thread before!!!
GET OFF!
jkjkjkjkjk

reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn and to post by MrsBlonde

yay more dreamers!!!

I'm finding that I am loving the chat better than the forums. Is there anyone else out there who feels the same? Real-time conversation for the instant gratification of discussing important or semi-important or thoroughly unimportant yet highly entertaining conversations and stuff...

Yes, chat is fun. Forums are OK, but they are too slow or too something unpleasant.

It's pretty OK that there's a post requirement for the chat room on ATS. It makes total sense. However the constant changing of it is highly irritating to someone who doesn't want to post 50 posts in a row in the "three word story" thread or 50 picture posts in a row in the "I'm bored-lets post funny pics" thread. I don't know about you but I like content and I like commenting and voicing my biased/opinions and reading others'. It's how I learn new things, gain new view points and alter existing views and viewpoints. That's right I'm human, not a robot!

Anyway... That's my rant without really ranting because I don't want to post a new thread.... So It's cloaked as an update to my intro to "dress it up" since I'm more "known" now then before... Never lurking though, never lurking. To some that might seem strange and unusual, like lurking for 5 years or 15 millennium prior to registering is some kind of hazing or initiation or rite of passage into the ATS community.

So Yes, I hate the FDA and am right now studying the power of releasing emotions and changing bad habits/addictions into good habits/addictions. Cause we as humans are creatures of habit and our minds love addictions.

I'll be looking for some threads about these things soon, but if any lurkers or posters or readers or passerby want to post some thread ideas for me to look at that are related to these things... (The search feature is a little bit too simplistic of a data crawler for me... ) That would be helpful.

Otherwise, see you ATS or BTS... and beware of TPTB

Lv, OP

edit on 7-10-2011 by rschmfem because: additional comments and replies ... i know... shhhhh

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Welcome!

top topics

join