It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Threatens to Cancel 9/11 ceremony unless other countries flags are allowed also

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They need to allow ALL flags there thats what this country is made of is diversity and multiculturalism. WE must do something to take this country back or is it already too late?
www.theblaze.com...
People of every walk of life were affected by that day. Do we really want to isolate ourselves as a nation right now anyway?

edit on 9-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: add quip

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I have nothing against honoring the foreign nationals who died that day, but this was an attack on America.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sounds like a smart college......if not smart than just covering their assess from complaints.
Her "jaw doping" reaction is typical....."you mean I have to recognize another countries viewpoint??!"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Other nationalities lost their lives too ...whats the big deal in having their countrys flags representing the other non americans who died...im sure if americans died overseas in another country you would be in uproar if your countrys flag wasnt allowed to represent the death of your citizens.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

I have nothing against honoring the foreign nationals who died that day, but this was an attack on America.

Agreed however these "foreign nationals" have a right to grieve and be respected too. Im not talking lots of these flags everywhere but at least one from each county. Remember its a small world at disneyland?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Why not? Many of the victims were foreign nationals. Every country in the world was affected that day.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
hmmm so one minute were ALL americans when were talking about our border and muslims that live here. then the next were all seperate and we should accomidate those from other nations...that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyson45
hmmm so one minute were ALL americans when were talking about our border and muslims that live here. then the next were all seperate and we should accomidate those from other nations...that makes sense.

I'm sure you'll be the first to call for ____-American day. Fill in the line with whatever euro background you have and complain how you don't get attention. What harm is there in flying some flags of the countries of origin of some people who died because of the obnoxious actions of our government?
If you care so much, head to the border with your guns and watch for people with turbans. they're coming ya know.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

hahaha dude im about as american as you get, im simply pointing out the hypocrecy, i never said they shouldnt allow other flags did i? chill out.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tyson45

There is no hypocrasy. Not jsut Americans died. We are not talking about Muslims who hapen to live in America, althugh there were also some of those who lost their lives. We are talking about Nationals from England, Australis, New Zealand, France, Germany, Spain........ Surely if an American died in one of those countries you would be insulted if they did not permit the US flag to represent them? So why not have flags from all those nations as part of the rememberence? It seems irational and very unsimpathetic. All these people from all these nations deserve remembering.

It was an attack on the West, not just America.

new topics

top topics

join