It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did almost everyone 100% have faith in Obama before he got elected?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I didn't and I knew he was going to win, I didn't even vote, knew it would be wasted, and knew he would be a failure.

I voted Gravel. Both times. After Hillary and Obama disappeared right before the DNC nomination, together, I knew something was up, but then again, it always has been.
We're the only country on the face of the earth that would freely vote for the head of our secret police to be Chief of State (GHWB).
I'm not gonna bother with the polls this time. I'll send in a ballot from home and waste taxpayer money on the stamp.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

He was hand picked by the Rothschilds and Rockefellers....as they all are. I wonder who they have picked to win in 2012?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Because he wasn't Bush.

When you've been eating beans and rice on a daily basis and someone suddenly promises you bologna sammiches, you're gonna get bamboozled.

It was a collaborative effort by the MSM, Hollywood and the makers of KoolAid.
Some people actually still believe in him and even continue to blame Bush.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As I said on another thread, I read Jerome Corsi's book Obamanation. The reason I read it is because I heard Obama promoting sex ed for kindergartners. That is just so wrong on so many levels, but I knew his motive was far left. I was turned off to him from then out. I became immune to his mannerisms and all that silly "yes we can" stuff. But he clearly has had some kind of training in speech, and from what I have read, he uses hypnosis technques(like that whole epiphany thing).
He had Soros backing him, so that propelled him, with the whole Soros media machine.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Even here in New York Obama dident exactly win by a landslide. Only NYC and the other heavily minority areas voted for Obama in large numbers. We have one majority Black community here on Long Island that voted 96% for Obama ... racial politics at it's best. Conversely though, many of the predominately White working class communities on the South Shore of Nassau and Suffolk counties (Peter King's congressional district - Long Island's last Republican congressman) voted in large numbers for McCain; for instance my community voted 70% for McCain.

Staten Island voted 52% for McCain and they are a borough of New York City - the liberal Mecca! Though to be fair Staten Island has always been largely White and the most Republican/Conservative part of NYC. In fact, in 1993 they tried to break away from NYC and go back to being a normal county like Nassau, Suffolk, or Westchester. The New York City Council wouldent let them because they would lose 40% of it's annual tax revenue.
edit on 9-9-2011 by ChrisF231 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
because he lied his A$$ of during his campaign. To the ignorant and uninformed he sounded like a moderate, but to me and others he sounded like a black liberation Marxist. Now that people have educated themselves they are seeing what he really is.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah, whenever things got bad he blamed bush.

Whenever things got worse, he said himself, if congress wasnt here to stop all of his bills we would be doing better.

That just tells me the problems left by bush he cant solve.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

so he wants a dictatorship sounds about par for the course.

congress wasnt created to get on their knees to the potus but to keep him in check

and now they are the "problem"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Who said he has failed? He failed many things knowing ahead of time he was not going to do what was promised. When he did some things such as health care, he had no concern for our welfare nor the welfare of any one else. But did he truly fail? He failed us but not himself. He has done what he set out to do and only will require 4 short years to do so. Suppose he has no intentions of running again?
He has failed us terribly. But he had total success in destroying this nation.
His goal does not have us in the picture.
I am from Illinois. Yes. I told many friends about him long before he even stated he was going to run. Pics of him in Metropolis with superman and looking as if he is the man of steel. Shortly after I warned all my friends he was a real problem for America he announced he was running. He stepped up from relative obscurity to the most powerful man in the world in just a very short time. I refuse to look at him. watch him. or even listen to him as I looked deep into this mans eyes long before he became POTUS. I knew what he was, and I knew there would be very serious problems. I also know that people seem to have a deep delusion concerning this man.
I cannot explain logically how I knew all these things but it was right on the money. Now here we are. America going down the tubes, and it is possible there may not even be another election. He possesses the power to declare martial law, negate the power of Congress and secure for himself the dictatorship of America. Though it doesn't seem real he thinks he is already the king. Hopefully we will still have a vote in 2012 and many people who have this strong delusion will wake up. It may be our last chance. Otherwise we stand to loose everything. You are right on the money. He failed. But then again, he succeeded in destroying this nation which was of course his main goal. It is no accident:
Around 1917 the first gasoline station opened up. Gas was around 17 cents a gallon. From that time up until he took office Gasoline rose to appx, $1.84 a gallon. That's a rise of $1.67 cents in a little over 90 years!
not to bad for that long. But then Potus took office and in just a short two and one half years gas has risen an additional $1.96 cents! in two + years. We pay in our city 3.84,,it does fluctuate.
You are right on the money. I was not aware that others could see what I had seen back in 2007/8

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A fraud from Chicago. A "community organizer" is gonna save the world.

You know what it was. There was a black (half black) man running and the loonies creamed their panties.

"Oh there's hope! We can elect a black man as president!"

"Is he qualified? What has he done? Besides hang out with Bill Ayers and "organize his community"?

"I dunno, but he's black and I'm going to assuage my white guilt by voting for him."

Reap what you sow, suckers. The man isn't fit to bag groceries, let alone run the country. He is CLEARLY in over his head.

I say this not because he his black, but because he has no idea what the hell he is doing.

I think what he envisions is a nation like Venezuela. Where he will be the Chavez and "savior" of OUR nation. He will control the internet, business and media, all the while shouting out platitudes.

Not falling for it.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I admit I was duped, even though I consider myself pretty jaded. But fooled as badly as I have been, I'll be hard=pressed to bite again. I won't vote for him if his opposition is Hitler. I won't vote for the other guy either. My hope is Huntsman or Paul has the stones to run as an independent. 1/2 of dems will vote for Huntsman; 70 percent of Indies will vote for Huntsman, 20% of repubs would vote for him over Perry. He wins hands down if he runs. Paul, as an independent would have a chance too if the Repub running is one of the lunatics (which is all of them except the panderer Romney or Huntsman).

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Because his hope and change gimmick was
very good. He said all the right things and
played to the minorities. White people
voted for him because of white guilt.
Will not happen next time around.
Can't say were racist we elected a black
president.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Shouldn't you have checked the "for and against" vote numbers before you allowed this ridiculous error?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Answer: mass media subliminal manipulation:

I talk more about this subliminal manipulation of images here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think it wasn't so much a faith in Obama, as much as it was a hope that he wouldn't suck as bad as Bush did. People were sick and tired of Bush and the Republicans, and voting for Obama wasn't so much a vote of confidence in him, as it was a vote of 'screw you Bush/Cheney'. Now, if Obama had actually done all the stuff he promised, like closing Guantanamo, getting out of wars (and not INTO another war) and so on, that would be one thing, but the only thing he has done that was a good thing is universal health care. If history is kind to him, he will be remembered for that, and not for all of the other broken promises.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Because OPRAH Said So!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If you look at Obama vs McCain, Obama was the clear winner, the clear choice. People had absolutely no hope with McCain. Obama represented hope and a return to sanity. Obama spoke to people's hearts and it looked like he 'got it'. I don't think he was faking... I think he faced huge resistence and I see the difference in him now... there is more defeat in him. He doesn't look like a guy who is unraveling his evil master plan, but a guy who tried to change things, but has been changed himself, and beaten into the ground by a very effective opposing side that cares not about people but only winning.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Voted Libertarian since I saw the original ABU GHAIB photos...

www.google.com...:&imgrefurl=http://www.vete ranstoday.com/2010/11/13/the-torturers-revisited/abu-ghraib-torture-2/&docid=mHQ_rQ6SJVGNGM&w=480&h=432&ei=lL1qTtKqKI_ZiALlk_2jDg&zoom=1

This is not what I have lived, nor served my country for! FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY are not what is happening NOW!

-Chung

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Because dumbed down people are easily duped & suckered.. even a blind person could see that guy was as genuine as a $3 bill. Plus sheep find safety & comfort in the herd.. follow the leader is a game lemmings are good at... dare not have a unique and interesting personality, think for yourself or stand out. Suggesting you don't want or need to be led.. is just crazy talk that spooks the flock.

.. and practically NOBODY in America learned a frik'n thing about how historically deadly political partys with sociopath liar "leaders" can be.. it's 1930s Germany every 4 years... all hail the new improved left/right wing-nut party leader.

Watch a nazi rally, then a few DNC gatherings featuring the current sock puppet.. not much of a difference, cult of personality worshiping masses blindly trusting a total stranger... it'd be hilarious if millions of innocent foreigners weren't paying for it with their blood.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

not everyone believed in him, i did not so sorry it's not 100%

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join