It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did almost everyone 100% have faith in Obama before he got elected?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How? When? Me and my family disliked him and did not believe in him even before he got elected. My friends, and some of my friends friends are like:

Friend says, me and mom were crying about Obama, we knew he was going to blah blah blah..!

Alot of people say that, during Obamas speeches, i see people crying and clapping before his election.

Can someone just tell me why people aboslutely loved him before he even did anything? And how we didnt feel the same way about Mccain?

Now, well i hope now, everyone does not care for him, my professor says he likes obamas ways, and he likes obamacare...after those words i left lol.

Did anyone else know he was going to fail before he even started?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
it's called campaigning. we will fall for it again next year when we are promised more jobs jobs jobs.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ATS has a search feature....go back 3 years and you will see wise people on ATS that predicted failure.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Many of us knew he was a fraud from day one.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
the same reason why everyone had almost 100% faith in George W. Bush after 9/11... desperate times call for desperate measures.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

I'm from the U.K and to be fair Obama talked a great game before he was elected. Can you remember 'Yes We Can'?

Well, he got voted in and was taken along to a the mini cinema in the Whitehouse and shown the footage of JFK's assassination. At the end of the film a booming voice came across the microphone and asked, 'Any questions Mr President'?

Okay, I stole that from Bill Hicks, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would say 'almost everyone' having faith in Obama is a bit off base. He didn't win by a landslide and where I live more people seemed worried about him than supportive.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The media and much more importantly, the pop culture machine combined its efforts into producing a mind fogging barrage of Obama as our savior, the dream realized. Like most efforts of this nature, the further from reality it strays, the harder the fall.

Even with the inevitabel fall though, we won’t be hearing any anti-Obama music from the likes of Green Day or Moby, we won’t see thinly veiled swipes at the president on our favorite TV shows, and I doubt Hollywood will put out too many assassination fantasies.

link   
I don't want to throw in the race card but even I who was just starting to get into politics in 2008 was amazed that we as a nation could elect a black man for president. This isn't racist is it? I felt it was an amazing accomplishment for the US and civil rights, but I've paid close attention to his presidency and realize it is a total failure!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
How? When? Me and my family disliked him and did not believe in him even before he got elected. My friends, and some of my friends friends are like:

Friend says, me and mom were crying about Obama, we knew he was going to blah blah blah..!

Alot of people say that, during Obamas speeches, i see people crying and clapping before his election.

Can someone just tell me why people aboslutely loved him before he even did anything? And how we didnt feel the same way about Mccain?

Now, well i hope now, everyone does not care for him, my professor says he likes obamas ways, and he likes obamacare...after those words i left lol.

Did anyone else know he was going to fail before he even started?

I had no faith in him.... In fact I didn't vote because I felt it was an Epic waste of time vote for facist #1 who was outwardly corporate facist or facist #2 who lied but I could still see was a corporate facist, but lied to our faces saying "hope and change" yeah Hope to Change you to a corporate slave DOG!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Why did almost everyone 100% have faith?
Because that is the only waly TO have faith.
In any event I think you greatly overstate his original popularity. There is a difference between faith and hope I think. Many had hope but not almost everyone. Many.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yes we can lol.

That tickled me a long time ago and it still does.

Mostly all the people i asked why they voted for him they said because he will change history, hes black.

Now look, the same people might vote for him again.
edit on 9-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I didn't and I knew he was going to win, I didn't even vote, knew it would be wasted, and knew he would be a failure.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Magical Negro syndrome. Society has been gradually conditioned to buy into it by hollywood and their rather clever casting of people like Will Smith and Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington in roles of things like angels
With clever yet vague catch phrases, a tie in to the disillusioned Gen Xers and beyond (I even have a copy of Wizard with him on it) and a look that was the antithesis of the establishment ( the same white man with interchangeable heads) people were ready to get on board. They wanted to believe that hollywood was on to something and some black guy that came from nowhere might turn out to be America's guardian angel

NO! NO New Renaissance for you America! Its actually the New Dark ages, only we have shiny lights of consumer electronics to huddle around this time. Obama is just the door man...sad but true. He's only opening the door for worse baddies to walk through.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
cause he wasnt bush

and the really do beleive that the democrats are angels and can do no wrong and that they will never lie or do anything bad ever.

it boiled down to politics.

anyone with a R by there names are evil incarnate anyone with a D by their names is "looking out for you"

they have been sold a bill of goods and the beleive it hook line and sinker.

i knew what obama was all about hence i never voted for him once you know the end goal of the party such as government is the answer to everything.

thats why i will never vote for anyone on the left never ever,

but the simple answer is how i started out my post

obama wasnt bush thats why they love him

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No one outside of the US did.
2nd

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
ATS has a search feature....go back 3 years and you will see wise people on ATS that predicted failure.

Exactly. And I predict failure for the next president, and the one after that. Because none of them give a damn about the people of this country, or indeed, the world. All they care about is their "agenda" and themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I don't know about everyone wanting Obama, I forsure didn't want him and I know a lot of others that didn't.

The answer to your question is...

They have a way of making you want something you have don't need. Even when you know you don't need it you do it anyway. Jump on the Obama train, a one way ticket to hell, and all you can see is ooooo shiny, new, change.
edit on 9-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by Carseller4

Exactly. And I predict failure for the next president, and the one after that. Because none of them give a damn about the people of this country, or indeed, the world. All they care about is their "agenda" and themselves.

Their "agenda" being their pocketbooks. That's all it is pure Greed and narcissism. Walk all over our constitutional rights and make themselves billionaires thousands of times over...they should never get paid, nor congress, nor senate, nor governor, nor mayor, they are civil servants that means serve the public with NO PAY how much simpler can it be put?
edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Because:

A) He wasn't Bush (technically)

B) He promised to bring our troops home.

C) He made 50 other promises.

D) He was given almost a billion dollars in donations for his presidency.

E) He was up against McCain - That's right, of the thousands of people suitable for presidency, McCain was up against him. The guy would've had a heart attack a year into his term.

F) Government wanted people to believe that "Voting" matters.

G) Government wanted people to be even more radically angery three years down the line.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join