It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bisexual money-grubber with Asperger's": How to troll Anonymous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Maxmars

Anonymous leadership

bahaha,

/b/ is like a crazed bee-hive who just had it's queen killed.

4chan's only stake to claim about Anonymous is the meme that in turn became the "official" name amongst those in the movement

Hell, most relevant people stopped lurking that site around 06-07 and only used it for enticing droves of drones to do some low tech mass attack of some sorts.

Although Anonymous doesn't really have leaders...anything that comes across as "leadership" has little officialness to it. Usually people with skills of some sort far and above others, or people who have been around for a while. No real figureheads, faces, titles, official positions, or any of that nonsense.

Anonymous makes Al CIADA seem like a typical organization.

link   
loldoublepost
edit on 10-9-2011 by SpectreDC because: loldoublepost

link   
loltriplepost
edit on 10-9-2011 by SpectreDC because: loltriplepost

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

...Avatar rocks!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't consider the archetypical Anon to have Asperger's, personally. Some form of high functioning autism, perhaps, yes; but Asperger's is a particularly debilitating form of autism.

For the amusement value, though, I will describe what I've tended to consider the profile of the usual Anon demographic.

• White. They might have sympathisers among other ethnicities, but from everything I've ever seen, most of Anonymous are from America and the UK. White supremacy and virulent anti-Semitism are both common.

• Male. Again, Anonettes *do* exist, but I don't think they're the majority, from what I've seen.

• Between 15-25 years of age; with probably 75% being younger than 20. While Anon don't particularly like being viewed as the Lost Boys, that perception *is* largely accurate. Again, while older people do exist, they're much less common, and tend to keep a lower profile. Genuine anarchists over the age of 35 are apparently vanishingly rare, sadly. I don't think that's attributable to maturity, but corruption and the gradual loss of testosterone that occurs with age.

• Atheist. Some may claim a vague belief system which is probably closer to pantheism in truth, than anything else; but for the most part, science is king. Richard Dawkins gets a lot of airtime in Anon circles. Paganism may occasionally be found, but very rarely. Semitic monotheism is largely non-existent.

• Often (although definitely not always) 125-150+ IQ. The average Anon isn't quite as smart as he probably thinks he is, but he's close. Their atheism however means that that intelligence is almost purely left-brained; emotionally rage is generally all they display.

• Anarcho-capitalist economically/politically. Anonymous is generally not anarchist in the traditional leftist sense of the word. Truly left wing Anons are something you'll almost never see; they tend to love corporatism too much, and be too racist for that.

• Emotionally, they use anger, sadism, and feigned sociopathy to attempt to cover for the fact that most of them are actually extremely sensitive kids, who've usually seen one natural or political disaster too many. The thinking tends to be that if they start crying, they'll never stop; so anger is seen as a much more productive emotion, in practical terms. Mind you, what I'm describing here are the Chanology/newfag crowd. Anonymous' old school can often be quite genuinely sociopathic, and they tend to express disgust and contempt towards the more truly empathic newcomers.

• Following on from the above, Anonymous are primarily motivated by the desire for a] smashing things, b] comedy, and c] the unrestricted freedom of the Internet, in that order. They very much enjoy impersonating V or Heath Ledger's Joker, and even more, making sure that the public view them as such; but whether or not they actually are like that in reality, is open to interpretation.

edit on 10-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Your profile is probably way more accurate than the FBIs and you just came up with that for free as one person on a random message board! I don't know what that says but it says something.

The FBI profile is so cheezy. It's cliched, like a buch of guys with no sense of humor or knowledge of the culture sat down and came up with some hazy idea based on some bad hacker movies they half-remembered seeing. There is no excuse for that kind of sloppiness because it's not like they have to go deep in the field or whatever, all they have to do is boot up their computers and spend a little time at the right places and they'll get it, if they have half a brain. Maybe that's expecting too much. Your tax dollars at work, folks. Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
There is no excuse for that kind of sloppiness because it's not like they have to go deep in the field or whatever, all they have to do is boot up their computers and spend a little time at the right places and they'll get it

Exactly the point. I've read Encyclopedia Dramatica, spent some time on the Anonops IRC server, (I was there throughout the entire Mubarrak rebellion, more or less) and went to an offline Chanology raid once.

I'm not going to claim to be the final authority on the group, by any means; but from what I saw, they do have some very consistent, predictable patterns, which are what I described.

Anonymous like everyone to believe that they're this mysterious, inexplicable force of nature. It's simply not true. While I don't necessarily believe that they are structurally quite as centralised as the FBI seem to think, they're still very quantifiable if you actually keep your eyes open.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
4chan's only stake to claim about Anonymous is the meme that in turn became the "official" name amongst those in the movement

/b/ *is* an exceptionally good example of what I consider Anon's emotional profile, however; or pre-Chanology Anon, anyway. Most of the post-Chanology people are really nice kids.

Although Anonymous doesn't really have leaders...anything that comes across as "leadership" has little officialness to it.

Leaders, no. Class presidents, yes. Basically you have a scenario where someone will suggest a raid, and if it looks cool enough for whatever reason, then everyone else will jump on board. That is what they mean when they claim it is decentralised.

If you pay attention, however, you notice patterns. When I spent time on the Anonops IRC server, and watched them use PiratePad to write things, (raid plans, media releases, whatever) I started very consistently noticing the same group of nicknames starting articles, and somehow it always just seemed to happen to be tilted in the direction of what said usernames wanted written.

There *is* a hierarchy. There is absolutely a hierarchy. It's just that it isn't named with particular ranks and such, and the positions of said individuals are not inherently secure, as in conventional organisations. You become a big name in Anonymous, if you know how to manipulate the masses repeatedly to take part in whatever raid you've got planned.

You're also only a big name in said raid, for as long as said raid is actually taking place. People get bored incredibly easily, and will drift away fast. The single main way to hold people's attention to a raid in Anonymous, is to provide a] the ability to smash things, b] comedy, and c] genuine fear that the freedom of the Internet is going to be impeded if they don't take part in your raid.

Despite what they claim, however, c] is the least important. People must first and foremost have something to be destructive towards, and they must have lulz. If they don't have those two things, the fact of needing to stop a threat will likely be forgotten, because alleviating boredom is still their core concern.

No real figureheads, faces, titles, official positions, or any of that nonsense.

No ranks in formal terms, no. It depends on whoever has the initiative; but the thing that you'll notice, is that it's nearly always the same 1-5% who do. That isn't a conspiracy. It's human nature. Most people just don't give a crap about anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You sound like a Government Agent. I had been around Government Agents both civillian and military (cuz I was in a lot of trouble, but that was a long time ago in a state far far away.) And a couple (or so) CIA people in Ufology, and like I said, you sound like a Government Agent.

But thats good, if you have a secure job in this economy.

Thats all.

From SpectreDC

Anonymous makes Al CIADA seem like a typical organization.

I wonder what their 'Casual Fridays' look like?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
You sound like a Government Agent

I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or an insult. Probably the latter, truthfully. I'm not hugely fond of spooks.

However, I am at least vaguely aware of certain elements of the history of the CIA; it's difficult to conduct a really serious study of American political history without that, and such has been an interest of mine for at least the last decade, now. So some of it may have rubbed off; although hopefully not too much. I don't really consider the Agency to be the most altruistic of organisations, putting it mildly.

Anonymous are another interest of mine, and have been for several years. Part of the reason for that, is a certain degree of overlap in our political opinions. I consider myself an anarchist. They are also a particularly stimulating group to study.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

any elements to base your claims on ?
on the other hand, if a majority of people think the same things as you do, then its perfect.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

# White. They might have sympathisers among other ethnicities, but from everything I've ever seen, most of Anonymous are from America and the UK. White supremacy and virulent anti-Semitism are both common. # Male. Again, Anonettes *do* exist, but I don't think they're the majority, from what I've seen. # Between 15-25 years of age; with probably 75% being younger than 20. While Anon don't particularly like being viewed as the Lost Boys, that perception *is* largely accurate. Again, while older people do exist, they're much less common, and tend to keep a lower profile. Genuine anarchists over the age of 35 are apparently vanishingly rare, sadly. I don't think that's attributable to maturity, but corruption and the gradual loss of testosterone that occurs with age. # Atheist. Some may claim a vague belief system which is probably closer to pantheism in truth, than anything else; but for the most part, science is king. Richard Dawkins gets a lot of airtime in Anon circles. Paganism may occasionally be found, but very rarely. Semitic monotheism is largely non-existent. # Often (although definitely not always) 125-150+ IQ. The average Anon isn't quite as smart as he probably thinks he is, but he's close. Their atheism however means that that intelligence is almost purely left-brained; emotionally rage is generally all they display. # Anarcho-capitalist economically/politically. Anonymous is generally not anarchist in the traditional leftist sense of the word. Truly left wing Anons are something you'll almost never see; they tend to love corporatism too much, and be too racist for that. # Emotionally, they use anger, sadism, and feigned sociopathy to attempt to cover for the fact that most of them are actually extremely sensitive kids, who've usually seen one natural or political disaster too many. The thinking tends to be that if they start crying, they'll never stop; so anger is seen as a much more productive emotion, in practical terms. Mind you, what I'm describing here are the Chanology/newfag crowd. Anonymous' old school can often be quite genuinely sociopathic, and they tend to express disgust and contempt towards the more truly empathic newcomers. # Following on from the above, Anonymous are primarily motivated by the desire for a] smashing things, b] comedy, and c] the unrestricted freedom of the Internet, in that order. They very much enjoy impersonating V or Heath Ledger's Joker, and even more, making sure that the public view them as such; but whether or not they actually are like that in reality, is open to interpretation.

You are so far from the truth, so far.
But well , it mean we're really good

People tend to forget , we're able to use many ways to deceive.

PS: im not thinking you are a governemental agent, dont worry.
edit on 10-9-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
You are so far from the truth, so far.

You'd say that I was completely wrong, whether I was or not. Deliberately looking mysterious is a big part of the point. I said that.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

it mean we're really good

Watch the grammar! 'They' will be on the lookout for that.

Not that I'm trying to help Anonymous!

edit on 10-9-2011 by simone50m because: this and that....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

oh i forgot about how pointing someone grammar probably render my arguments totaly void.
Thank you for your constructive comment Friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join