It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular piece of information first made you suspicious of the official 9/11 story.....?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The first thing I heard that really made me sit up and start thinking about serious conspiracy, was when they had found that car in an airport carpark with a book about how to fly a jumbo jet, and a copy of the Koran on the back seat....

To me, this was all too handy... the thought that the highjackers were flicking through a "how to" book moments before getting onto the plane seemed ridiculous to me... it seemed to be a detail added to the story to give it more credence, but to me, it just made it sound ridiculous... and slightly patronising.....

PA

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Seeing building 7 collapse like that looked eerily reminiscent of a controlled demolition. But I didnt think much of it at the time and besides was more interested to hear who did it and what happens next. I thought people better educated than me would explain the events in detail later on.

Then architects and engineers came forward on the subject.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I could see the Sears Tower being constructed from campus in college. My pledge father was an architect and there were plenty of other architects and structural engineers in the frat.

For two weeks after 9/11 all I could think about was what would have to happen for the mass of an airliner to completely destroy the mass of a skyscraper.

I concluded it could not happen. Something else had to be involved.

But I figured the whole thing would be resolved in a matter of months. I never conceived of this crap draggin on for TEN YEARS.

psik

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

-The BBC report on the WTC 7 tower collapsing 20 min before it actually did.
-No wreckage of the plane which supposedly hit the Pentagon
-The Towers collapsed like they were full of explosives even though the planes hit.
-Netanyahu stating that the 9/11 attacks were beneficial to Israel. Source

Why would someone even say such a thing like that in public and not get criticised?

Obviously that was the final seal to the deal for me rejecting the "official 9/11 report" because Netanyahu's words gave the game away.

I'm 100% sure that either Mossad was directly involved in coordinating the attacks or they knew what was going to happen but deliberately kept it secret.
edit on 9-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Do you know what... on the day it all happened... I have to be honest... conspiracy just did not enter my head.. I guess I was in shock..... I watched everything unfold live... all I could think of was the thousands of people waiting for news from their loved ones and the pain of the people involved.....

I sat in shock and watched George Bush listen to the goat story and look like a little boy who's lost his favourite conker....

PA

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When the Towers came down like they did, it was apparent to me that they had been rigged for demolition. I figured it was a domestic terror attack like the Timothy McVeigh thing. I figured the planes were thrown in for extra shock value, but never did I think they would try to sell us on the idea that the planes were the sole cause of the collapses. When that's exactly what they tried to claim--and that it was Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda behind it--I knew it was an inside job involving the government. I was physically ill over it because I thought, "Here we go again with 50 or 60 years of our government trying to convince us of some blatant lie just like the JFK assassination."

In my opinion, anyone who feels they didn't watch those Towers come down with the help of explosives is living in so much fear of the truth they would accept ANY explanation no matter how ludicrous.....as long as it gets our government off the hook.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Lack of damage in the surrounding areas for those towers to be so tall was one of my first thoughts.

Also, the fact that Silverstein doubled his money in six months.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Likewise. I find that most believers of the offical story are unable to cope with the ramifications of it not being true, as they would have to start questioning most, if not all, of the governments stories.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was glued to the TV and it's MSM on that fatefull day, and I took skeptical notice of how -fast- they put up the pictures and info of all the "hijackers". I was like, "Goll, that was quick. Even my fave tv series NCIS takes one or two episodes to solve a big crime mystery." And then! They found that, even though everything else in and near the trade towers turned to dust, one of the hijacker's IDs was discovered, nearly pristine. Must have been that Neocon Christian-Conservative Republican God at work, with his miracles.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I got suspicious when all the news reports were saying there was a "second explosion" before the buildings came down...then the next day there was nothing about the second explosions. It was odd though because news anchors and people in the street were talking about it. Anchors assumed the terrorists put the explosives there to ensure the buildings came down. Then, after seeing over and over and over HOW the buildings fell, I thought there were explosives down in the basement too.

It was never mentioned again and completely brushed aside.

Minor suspicions at the time: No footage of Pentagon plane, no plane in Pennsylvania.

Later: It took like 9 months for the 9-11 commision report to come out..Currently in the fiction section of my book shelves.
edit on 9-9-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The one for me was when they found so called terrorist Satam Al Suqami's passport in good condition considering it had been with him on one of the planes that hit the WTC. The passport somehow escaped the towering inferno without being vaporised and was found a few blocks from ground zero.

edit on 9-9-2011 by EnlightenMe2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
■ The WTC towers being pulverized by the jet fuel were total BS. I would have changed my mind if the official story reported demolitions planted by terrorists in the buildings.

■ The so-called wreckage of the plane that hit Pentagon did not resemble any of passenger airliner and the "contained damages" were extremely dubious. I would change my mind if they reported terrorists sneaked into Pentagon compound and detonated bomb on its wall.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
For me it was actually the media's complete unwillingness to talk about it, or if they did, their complete hatred of it. My first reaction to the 9/11 theories were it would take too many people to pull off, but after watching some videos I saw both sides of the argument, but the media's bias really made me intrigued.

That, and building 7 was the main factor.
edit on 9-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The very second the first building started to fall, I knew something was up. There's no way it would have completely collapsed if it weren't controlled demolition. Then second tower fell the same way. Then building 7 fell from the center-first after hearing explosions on live TV. The whole thing smells like # ever since. I've completely lost faith in investigative reporting as well as a result of watching the MSM's reaction to the event with the constant fear-mongering. And why the WTC buildings? Well it wouldn't have anything to do with America's economic foreign policy would it? This country has been totally lame ever since.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

For me it was actually something silly: The angle cut columns from Zeitgeist.Even now they strike me as peculiar even though I would of course not count it as evidence of anything.

But it was looking into that that initially led me to other things.

What made me suspicious though was Colin Powell's speech to the U.N., and Cheney's vast underground complexes. It demonstrates a pathological willingness to dispense with the facts, they should have been brought up on some sort of charges for that alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I would have to say I wasn't fully cognizant of just how much we were being lied to until I saw the melted cars and fires that ignored paper but burned steel. Watch this until the end (it's the funniest part)

ps - I also started getting more suspicious when the media handled Cynthia McKinney's questions about the US having forewarning and why we didn't do anything about it. The vicious and immediate response from the MSM (and the subsequent smearing of Cynthia) was a bit strange to me.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

There wasn't really any one event in particular, but I just remember theories surfacing that the official story wasn't true so I started to look into it.

But if I had to pick a piece of information that makes me think the official story is false, it's the collapse of Building 7. That is a controlled demolition and it's as clear as day.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly

Do you know what... on the day it all happened... I have to be honest... conspiracy just did not enter my head.. I guess I was in shock..... I watched everything unfold live... all I could think of was the thousands of people waiting for news from their loved ones and the pain of the people involved.....

I sat in shock and watched George Bush listen to the goat story and look like a little boy who's lost his favourite conker....

PA

Well I am not an American and wasnt in america, so I guess the blow didnt feel that personal to me. Kinda like with the 2004 Tsunami in Indonesia, which killed over 250k people. Many Americans and Europeans probably forgot all about it by now, but I guess the people closer to it didnt.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For me it was the size of this Attack
and that everything working so well like in a Hollywood-Schoolbook!

When i finally saw the Hole in the Pentagon and Rumsfeld running around that Place!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I also watched the tsunami with extreme shock... I visited Indonesia, and Aceh Province a year before the tsunami... The loss of life there was on a different scale.. And you're right to make this important contrast... I don't think the true death toll will ever be known due to the oppressive secrecy of the Junta in Burma... Bhurma got hit real hard...

Thanks for your input..

PA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join