It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.4 million without power; electricity may not be fully restored until Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

latimesblogs.latimes.com

More than 1.4 million customers lost power during a blackout in the San Diego area, and utility officials said power might not be fully restored until Friday.

San Diego Gas and Electric said the outage appears to have originated in Arizona and that the agency is working with California power officials to bring the power back. Officials said the outages extended across Southern California and into Arizona and Baja California.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is maybe Nibiru or solar flares....from the sun, we had 2 big ones blast off the last few days or maybe Its part of the new jobs program....think of all the techs out working right now. WHo nows.
It will be nice to find out what is causing this outage.
Good way to celebrate Obama´s latest speech.. oh my

latimesblogs.latimes.com

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

....It will be nice to find out what is causing this outage.....

It's the solar flares

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
you're absolutely right, I too believe it's nibiru.

i watched him get out of his car and throw a hand grenade at a transformer.

definitely nibiru...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

I personally believe that it was a CME that caused this. But engineers are still baffled as to the cause of it for some reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe the power is being used for something else..? Either way this should be back up quicker than we think. Hopefully. Remember everyone. This isn't the first major blackout in the history of the U.S. and it probably wont be the last. The Northeast Blackout of 2003 "affected an estimated 10 million people in Ontario and 45 million people in eight U.S. states." The power was only off for a day at the most for all 55 million people and this was back in 2003! Im sure after all these blackouts we have a system to prevent/solve these problems.. Well i hope we do. LHC all the way baby!

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Word is now the number without power is near the 2 million mark. At least reports from Fox news are saying. we will know tomorrow
www.foxnews.com...
Solar flares were due to begin their approach this evening. so I put my money on that.
We shall see
DH

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Word is now the number without power is near the 2 million mark. At least reports from Fox news are saying. we will know tomorrow
www.foxnews.com...
Solar flares were due to begin their approach this evening. so I put my money on that.
We shall see
DH

I'm leaning on the solar flare theory. Here's an excerpt from a CNN story:

At the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station near San Clemente, California, units "tripped from grid disturbance" but have offsite power and were in normal shutdown mode, said Eliot Brenner, director of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Office of Public Affairs.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with twiddlebrooks warnings over in the Arkansaw thread?
His posts are kinda cryptic.

I appolize, Tmiddlebrook36. Just as I was posting I received a email from our local police dept. and I was rushed.
edit on 8-9-2011 by crappiekat because: Mispelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Odds are it's related to solar activity. I sure hope I don't have my tin foil hat on too tightly and think they killed power out there in order to sneak something in for 9-11 this weekend....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
good morning all ... World News Now has announced the failure was due to a utility worker's bad booboo which cascaded into this multi-country darkness.

good news is some power has been restored and full recovery is expected by later today.
sure am glad it wasn't the result of something more nefarious and have a better day all

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

latimesblogs.latimes.com

More than 1.4 million customers lost power during a blackout in the San Diego area, and utility officials said power might not be fully restored until Friday.

San Diego Gas and Electric said the outage appears to have originated in Arizona and that the agency is working with California power officials to bring the power back. Officials said the outages extended across Southern California and into Arizona and Baja California.

Isn't today Friday?

Seems like it covers a large area. More details will be interesting when they arrive....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
greyshadeestate.blogspot.com...

This is a description of the future, kids.

Full steam ahead!

top topics

join