It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: Obama Addresses Congress on Jobs Plan at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

America needs long lasting jobs, infrastructure are Temp jobs when the money runs out you have not job, that is not what Obama is offering, he is offering a temp solution to a big problem, we already had two stimulus another one is going to fail just like the last two, because is not actual solution.

His stimulus like the last one is going to states to keep police force, pay for teaches salaries and pensions. tax brakes for businesses, 1000 tax brake for households, extentions for unemployment benefits, (only for those that paid into unemployment0) and the big winner is the US postal bailout, the rest is for infractructure

See many states can not even pay for to keep the police departments and teachers working.

Check the brake down of the stimulus. So when the money runs out we will need another stimulus, so how many stimulus are we going to be needed to keep the nation and the states working.

edit on 8-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

alrighty then the lack of cola raises? tell that to both my parents who have gotten them under bush but havent gotten them under obama.

as to obama saving people hardly the only thing he is concerned about is is own power and glory

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

from what i read the dude was a republican and donated to them alot meanwhile his competitors where using the same materials they just fell on the other side of the poltical aisle.

lots of people love gibson the irony most of them lefties.

government regulations kill business and we all know it.

You know, I find it really hard to believe that the feds have time to focus on donors to the other party. If that were the case the Koch brothers would have been the first to go. I am a tree hugging liberal, love Gibson guitars, but they are a small fish in the Corporate world. There would be much bigger fish to fry, if political retaliation was the purpose of the Gibson incident.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"That is why when our American auto makers could not compete with the Japanese imports they invested in them!!!!"

i was around when,, "auto makers could not compete with the Japanese",,
you sir are wrong in the image you put forth.

the Mustang,,
outclassed
out-muscled
out-enginered
anything Japan had
at that time,

the problem was
you couldn't have cars that could go 200 miles for ten bucks.(gas was very cheap once upon a time ,,

Oil companies went nuts,,

So they built Hummvies instead.

"auto makers could not compete with the Japanese",,oh yes they could,,
were they allowed too??definetly NOT.

And that is the HEART of President Obamas Speech.

and i dont know why Americans can't see that????

edit on 8-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

well they did gibson was targeted and facing charges.

over wood and who makes those laws?

yep i remember now those "tree huggin liberals"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

alrighty then the lack of cola raises? tell that to both my parents who have gotten them under bush but havent gotten them under obama.

as to obama saving people hardly the only thing he is concerned about is is own power and glory

My parents didn't get them either, so we are square there. Dad is a repub, mom a democrat. Honestly the law denying the COLA raises dates back to Nixon, if the cost of living doesn't rise, neither does SS.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So the laws possibly broken were passed to protect the rain forest that the corporation wanted to decimate. We should just let corps do whatever they want, even if it harms our children, our parents, or our selves. Who gives a crap about the environment, we can just all adapt to drinking poisoned water (thanks to fracking, among other things) and breath air that contains so many contaminates, it causes asthma attacks and death. Yeah Corps are my friends. But wait, according to most neo's, we can't adapt or evolve, so the Corps have the right to wipe out the human race, as long as they make the almighty dollar.

link   

if the cost of livng doesnt rise..............well it has for the last 3 years

and they are left hanging in the wind all in favor of unions

link   
If he wants jobs he could let Gibson keep making guitars. He could let farmers sell raw milk. He could let independent banks mint gold and silver coins, he can let people sell lemonade or have garage sales, or sell things on Ebay without the IRS butting in. This speech can only brainwash someone who can't see the obvious hypocrisy of the whole thing: they are the ones that prevent the jobs from happening!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

yeah well i am not a fan of letting the us government wipe out the people of this country right out of existence.

and sorry im not a corporate hater as so many are on here.

noone makes you buy anything they make er well that is unless your them "tree hugging liberals"

aka healthcare

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

exactly what do we do after we build the roads? Fix the bridges repair the schools etc. etc.? This type of work does not create capital.....

Nor does it create job security...

Here is something else to scare you a bit, when we bring our troops home, and god bless them, I was raised by these men.. These are gung ho volunteers in a volunteer army, bring them home, after there tours to do what? They have no skill only skills they have is to be soldiers, and awesome ones at that, but what jobs do we have to offer them? I am sure they are tired of fighting and being in a war, but unless they went warrant officers or motor pools of some kind the civilian world has nothing for them.. They are going to do what they do best to make money....

We need less taxes for company's so they can build things here in my opinion, and not just cheap crap either, like china, or where ever, good quality things, that we can afford at home, and can be purchased over sea's at a higher price for quality.. Good example bmw, or Mercedes, just giving examples, or create jobs in our untouched energy sector, our oil reserves etc. etc. Not just borrowing and spending more money to build roads, or whatever that makes no money, in return, I mean besides taxing us for it, how will it make us the American citizen money?

create jobs, and make $$ for ourselves and our country...

that is what we need to focus on....

As far as medicare is concerned, why not just raise the age of qualification to 70 or so, that will help us considerably, no disrespect, but back in the day the life expectancy was 68 or so not 90....

If we don't fix that I may die of a darn broken hip when I get older, cuzz I do not have medicare...

I doubt it, but just saying...

edit on 8-9-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo on this one, I do not think it is right, and I agree that the cost of living has risen, however this one is not Obama's fault. It goes back to Nixon, I dealt with the 7 years I spent in the military in the 80's. Obama is responsible for a lot of things, but this one cannot be laid at his feet.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

My husband is a retired Marine, I tell you the reason the government keeps the troops oversea is because most of the jobs they used to do in the bases are now in the hands of private contractors, if they bring the troops the contracted workers will have to be lie off.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

they were out done,and they did,invest in them...

it is a fact.. 25 percent is the number you want to look for if you wanna research it...

let me say it like this, the Japanese imports or imports in general were making more money then the American auto makers, its a fact man..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
CORRECTION ON MISTAKE ON POST, The USPS bailout of 5.5 billions will not be added to the stimulus it will be separately from the stimulus.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

well man obama on this one said no cost of living because the government didint have the money

so its on him however you disagree with that so instead of wasting more thread space on this

just going to let both our postings stand.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
If he wants jobs he could let Gibson keep making guitars. He could let farmers sell raw milk. He could let independent banks mint gold and silver coins, he can let people sell lemonade or have garage sales, or sell things on Ebay without the IRS butting in. This speech can only brainwash someone who can't see the obvious hypocrisy of the whole thing: they are the ones that prevent the jobs from happening!

Yeah he could let Gibson keep making guitars, as far as I know they are. He could let farmers sell raw milk, until it was your child or parent that died from drinking said raw milk, can you say e-coli, I have a few years in the dairy business, and yeah pasteurized milk is a good idea. He could let banks mint coins, until someone got greedy, and cut back on the precious metal by a couple of percent, or messed with his weights and measures (can you say greed). As far as I know the IRS has no interest in Lemonade stands, I do taxes for a living, the stories you read online, are your beloved local government shutting them down, the locals do a much better job. The IRS has no interest in your EBay business outside of it being a small business, and then you are subject to the same laws as all other small businesses. However, once again, your beloved state and local government wants a piece, if someone can actually pass a law where they have to collect sales tax on ebay, it will put every ebay seller out of business completing forms, again I do taxes for a living..

You bring up some interesting points, however, you have been blinded by the conspiracy theorists, and have believed everything you have read, no matter the source. I believe there are some seriously screwed up regulations, federal, state, and local. However, the regulations and paperwork that deter small businesses are state and local, not fed. But hey, lets give the states more power, so they can tell me where I can or cannot buy a vibrator for my wife. Yeah the states need the power. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't get me wrong, I am not a corporate hater, however, I do believe given the opportunity, they will take advantage. The only thing important to many corporations is the bottom line, how much profit can they make. Many don't care who or what they step on to get there. I believe there are a lot of screwed up business regs, however, many that I have encountered are state and local, as opposed to fed.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

well man obama on this one said no cost of living because the government didint have the money

so its on him however you disagree with that so instead of wasting more thread space on this

just going to let both our postings stand.

NEO, if this is honestly the case, and I have missed something, I would like a link just to reassure myself. I have searched google, and can't find it. Everything concerning the COLA goes back to Nixon. Not trying to be a jerk, just can't find a source for what you are telling me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I agree with you, to the extent that Obama does not want to change the status quo too much. You are right government could legalize prostitution, drugs and hemp, which would create three new industries overnight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join