It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Penalty: Hypocritical or justifiable?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In cases where the suspect has been found guilty with enough physical evidence to convict them (DNA, video of the event, confession, many witnesses, etc) and a death has not been ruled an accident, the death penalty is appropriate IMO. My only concern is the cost as there is no need for it cost the state so much. Expensive chemicals, bullet in the brain. The person is just as dead either way.

But I would be for any alternative punishment that didn't involve the family of the victim paying for room, board, food, and health care of the person that killed their loved one. I think we should wall off Detroit a la "Escape From New York" and let the prisoners eat each other.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've struggled with the Death penalty question for years.

I've weighed both sides of the argument many times and swayed back and forth. BUT I'll have to be brutally honest with everybody here whenever there is a Child murdered in my opinion it's time to punch the murderers ticket.

GAME OVER

I guess the protective parent instinct kicks in.
As far as the rest of the lovely deserving people. Let them rot in Jail.

My .02

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I oppose the death penalty, not merely on the basis that we have no moral authority and to execute somebody just because they killed (speaking in none-defense terms). I also oppose it because it has been proven that many innocent folks, wrongly convicted individuals, have suffered at the hands of the death penalty.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I've struggled with the Death penalty question for years.

I've weighed both sides of the argument many times and swayed back and forth. BUT I'll have to be brutally honest with everybody here whenever there is a Child murdered in my opinion it's time to punch the murderers ticket.

GAME OVER

I guess the protective parent instinct kicks in.
As far as the rest of the lovely deserving people. Let them rot in Jail.

My .02

Reminds me of the Casy Anthony case...

...All you have to do to wipe someone off the planet who "knows too much" would be to make them look like they killed a child, then the entire country will want to crucify them regardless of the obvious possibilities of a set-up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

For my outlook on the death penalty, I look no farther than Ron White, "In Texas, if you kill us, we'll kill you back." Truer words never spoken. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, is the most basic and true form of justice. The death penalty is one of the few things in the justice system that still works well.

I do not share your sentiment that killing is wrong. If the person was innocent, then yes it's wrong. If someone appears to be willing to kill, or has killed, it's right.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The way I see it is if you take my love one or you rape,beat, or murder a child your life should be taking away from you just like those innocent people's life were taking.
I don't understand this peace loving crap with people who disregard someone else's life.
edit on 6-10-2011 by ThirdI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join