It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manikin In a Suit: Ron Paul Completely Frozen Out of Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm not necessarily sure I -want- Ron Paul as a President... but, there again, the list of people I -want- to see as President is very, very small and limited to people I have personal knowledge of.

Still - I would support him over many of the other candidates, and most certainly over any candidate the Democrats could scrounge up (allowing for Obama to simply not run... which may be a fairly genius move by the Democrats, if you ask me).

That said... when John Stewart, even, runs a segment on the obvious obfuscation of Ron Paul in the media - it should say something. After hearing that, I have more respect for him and his program. He and I can disagree on many issues - but that does demonstrate integrity.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Yeah.. I honestly think it's getting kind of creepy that it is allowed to go on and they honestly don't care how obvious they are about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No doubt it's blatant... Or at least it was manipulated to fit a certain view.

I've seen AT LEAST a thousand visual representations of poll statistics and NEVER has one been flawed.

Never. Ever. It just doesn't happen.
edit on 9/8/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman
Unfortunately I had to miss the debate, but I'll try to watch it on youtube or something when I have time. I had a feeling this would happen to Dr. Paul though. I don't understand why the MSM/GOP idiots think that either Romney or Perry have any chance.

I did manage to catch some of Jon Stewart though, and my favorite was when Mitt Romney proclaimed that "Middle income Americans ought to have the highest income in the world." I'm glad a man who wants to run the country understands the meaning of the word "middle"

Its not that the MSM and GOP think Romney and/or Perry have any chance, its that they are trying to promote them so they have a chance. I really don't know how or why Perry is so popular. He has done nothing or said anything worth noting. He is kind of just like a name that appeared one day and suddenly everyone began to speak about him from then on. Romney kind of makes sense since he was a front runner nominee in the past and has some notable political activity. Basically Romney has a genuine following. But Perry? Seriously, what the fluck? Throw Bachman in there too. Their just trying to make a Palin out of her thats all. Perry-Bachman Or Perry-Romney, positions interchangeable, but regardless its obviously the goal to get any combination of the three into office. I dont even know why people still talk about Cain (at least in MSM). I seriously think its because he is black that the MSM has to pay attention to him, or else if not then the MSM is racially bias. But really hes obviously not a serious candidate.

Anyways without futher ramblin, my point is that the MSM goal is to support Perry, Romney, and Bachman in my opinion. THey are all sailing the same ship.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Good catch. I voted in that and looked at those results and didn't notice that. Pretty sneaky of them. It is to be expected which is why we need many eyes on this campaign. Exposing the manipulation is a must.

Even if it's exposed, who's listening? If so, are they actually HEARING what is being said? Hmpf, well, gotta try.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Here is the real representation.... Scroll Right To View Entire Image

Notice the circle.. I disable the css which defines the width. When the width is defined, it displays a skewed representation, as there is another piece of code restricting the width the bars can go...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

So is it intentional?
Or a legit fluke? I have to say I don't think I've ever seen a graph messed up like that before.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

It makes absolutely no sense that '100%' will restrict the field to the size 100% is currently restricting it to. Reason being, the div (container) which houses this entire element stretches across the entire gap (see the comments for example) and only when 100% is applied, it becomes limited to a smaller portion of the page, which is roughly 70%.

There is something else restricting the size of this element...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Bizarre. I would love to find a way to force the media to address something like this.
I wish it would go viral or something.. I just don't know how to present it to go viral.
edit on 8-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Well, let me dig into it more (and maybe some others would like to help also) so I can find some evidence why it's behaving this way...

Something else I find, is that if you do restrict the width of this table to 430px that is 'maximum' the green bar can go to the right... Afterwhich (if you expand the table to a higher number) all other bars just close in on it, since it gets frozen at this point...

Definitely some code that I'm not noticing. But 430px is the number defining the max-width for the green bars as far as I can tell.

ETA: I originally guessed this to be 430px, but found this number to be 300px. See next post.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ok. I found out now why the bars are being limited...

As I mentioned in my above post, they created a 'max-width' to restrict the bar element...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Thanks. Wish we could have scoped it when it was first posted before a lead was taken to see if it was altered after a lead appeared. I am really not very knowledgeable about coding, but would there be any reason for doing that other that mangling the visuals? Would it effect anything else?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think it was on washington Journal, but that dude from Politco let it be KNOWN that he didn't like RP or consider him a republican.

But they need to get off their high horse. Who defines what republican is, anyway? WHO?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks. Wish we could have scoped it when it was first posted before a lead was taken to see if it was altered after a lead appeared. I am really not very knowledgeable about coding, but would there be any reason for doing that other that mangling the visuals? Would it effect anything else?

When the bars stretch to a certain point, the text moves to the next line. It could have been a means of preserving the aesthetic value of the results. Just my guess...

I still do find it very odd though, as I've never seen this type of thing occur.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Anyway, back on topic.

I did not watch the debate yet. I completely forgot about it. Saw a couple of clips online, but that's it. Hopefully they'll do some re-runs tomorrow, or someone will post a copy online.

And it doesn't surprise me that he's left out of debates, look at who's running the show...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
All right wing news media is corrupt and is spouting at the mouth that Romney won despite the MSM poll taken right after the debate and this morning/today/tomorrow.

I am disgusted.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by MysticPearl

Of course they wouldn't let him talk. Everytime he does he shows how stupid the rest of them are. I have never seen a candidate more able to turn the tables in a debate like he can. Did I miss it or was there no poll this time as to who the audience thought won.

There's one going on here and Ron is way ahead.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

I noticed something a bit "off" about that chart they have there....maybe its how its designed to work but it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe some of you noticed this as well?

here: MSNBC

is an MSNBC poll that clearly shows Ron Paul leading the pack by a SIGNIFICANT amount...however the "graph" doesn't seem to illustrate how significnat that is. The number do but the actual grpahic layout of the "chart" doesn't make sense...

Paul 53.3%
Romney 16%
Perry 13.4%

the gap is HUGE between first and second however according to the graph the difference between Paul's 53% and Romney's 16% is the same "visualy" as Romney's 16% to Perry's 13.4%....

that doesn't make sense...

Paul's bar should be 4.25 times longer than Romney's bar...

this is perceptive maniuplation...its not TRUELY representing the actual difference between canidates...

when people "glance" at the polls they look more visually than numerically....(less brain power) and there you have it...most people will automatically assume just by the appearance of the bars that Romney is close behind Paul...which is so far from the truth...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That bar graph code is either intentional or they have interns writing code. If I would have "designed" this bar graph, I would have set the size of all the bars to always be the same and color them based on percentage. They did such a crappy job of their graph, looks like it belongs on some 12 year old's middle school blog.

This is how it should look.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36f1150e701e.png[/atsimg]

Made this graph in Excel, they could have easily used a plugin for their website to get a similar effect.
edit on 8-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: added nice graph

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

...Scroll up this page and on back to the first page.

edit on 8-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

BeyondPerception showed in this thread what the problem was on their website and actually adjusted the width to give their graph in an accurate layout.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join