It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manikin In a Suit: Ron Paul Completely Frozen Out of Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you watched the debate tonight, which for all intent and purpose, was Perry vs Romney, with six other bystanders. I'm not completely positive of this, but pretty sure, that Ron Paul received only four direct questions, with three thirty second followups, and was left out completely, of any major question. He was left out of the healthcare question all together, as a physician! During the lightening round, at the end, which lasted about 20-25 minutes, he was only asked one question, the last question of the debate, which had nothing to do with what everyone else commented on.

In fact, it seemed that the hosts would ask Romney a question, and ask Perry what he thought about his response, or vice versa, and then they would ask the others what they thought, after Perry and Romney gave their opinions, and Ron was left out, repeatedly. They then would ask Ron a question which had nothing to do with the main conversation between candidates, and seemed more curious about his opinion on the FAA and TSA, then anything else. He didn't even get a chance to really answer any of the questions the others were asked.

Now I realize others were partially ignored as well, but they haven't done nearly as well in the polls as Ron has. Given the recent polls, Ron should have been asked a few more questions, at the least, or at least included somewhat in the main conversation.

This debate made me sick to my stomach. It wasn't the candidates, or the answers to the questions, but how blatantly obvious it was that the MSM was intentionally ignoring Paul. Ron Pauls success in the polls show he's right there with who MSM considers as 'top tier" candidates, yet it's blatantly obvious they simply push who they want to be a top tier candidate to the forefront. I slowly became infuriated during the debate, and almost didn't watch the entire thing. It was a sham, a mockery. It's fine if you don't like Ron, or prefer another candidate, but everyone has to admit, it is no where near a fair playing ground, whoever you support, and what we are basically seeing, is MSM making celebrities out of "their" picks, and ignoring the rest.

Is there any hope? Will this ever change? Ron was somewhat ignored in the last debate, and tonight was far worse. As a younger person, in my late 20's, it's both embarrassing and infuriating to see many adults, of all ages, just blindly eat up this crap, and remain oblivious to the fact that elections are rigged and paid for, corporations pick candidates, and control the flow of information(mainstream), to the point that we can't even have a fair debate! It's infuriating!

I think it was Ron's second question, after we hadn't heard from him in 15 minutes, and the host asked some some completely random, off the wall question. Ron's response, was basically "hey, there are other people up here too, and you didn't ask me, or let me comment on any of the other questions, give me my time to answer them". The hosts facial expression read "yeah, so what?", and then told Ron to finish his sentence or he was done. There was a clear agenda here.

I really feel bad for Ron. You could see him just itching to get into the debate, yet the repeatedly just skipped over him, and as the polls show, he deserves more respect in this kind of a setting. he has a much larger following now, then he did three years ago. They are so scared of his answers, they won't even ask him a question.

edit on 7-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Of course they wouldn't let him talk. Everytime he does he shows how stupid the rest of them are. I have never seen a candidate more able to turn the tables in a debate like he can. Did I miss it or was there no poll this time as to who the audience thought won.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yeah sucks they stiff RP...

a question though, what am a Manikin?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh well. Dr. Paul isn't really a republican by today's standards anyway.
The hope is for an independent run where he can debate Obama/Whateveridiottherepublicansvotefor with equal footing.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
red has it above. he must makes too much sense and that gets under the powers that be enough to act upon.
this planet sucks, except for the nature part...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The guy from Politico was condescending to RP as well. Talk about being blatantly in favor of certain candidates. How anyone could watch that debate and not see the manufactured programming that it was is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately I had to miss the debate, but I'll try to watch it on youtube or something when I have time. I had a feeling this would happen to Dr. Paul though. I don't understand why the MSM/GOP idiots think that either Romney or Perry have any chance.

I did manage to catch some of Jon Stewart though, and my favorite was when Mitt Romney proclaimed that "Middle income Americans ought to have the highest income in the world." I'm glad a man who wants to run the country understands the meaning of the word "middle"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I only made it a short way after RPs first question, which he answered quite well. I couldn't stomach listening to any more blatant lying and ridiculous bragging about nothing long enough to get through the whole thing. I could tell early on that he was going to be pretty much ignored. Sad day. Elections are a sham anyways. Anyone who doesn't know that by now is probably living under a rock. Even though Ron is a wonderful candidate he is not bought and paid for by the establishment so he won't be hired by TPTB to be POTUS.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I liked how he used inflation to make Bachmann look like a fool with her claim to be able to get gasoline back down to $2/gal.
They will do the same thing this time around that they did last time. They will do anything they can to keep him out of the spotlight.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its obvious that no mainstream channel is going to give Ron Paul a fair chance to debate his ideas ...or let me rephrase, THE ideas of true liberty and freedom. The majority of the talking heads at these 'news' stations are people that have sold out their country for money. They dont care about this country and they push the agenda they are paid to. The sad part is alot of them actually enjoy it. But I agree with the OP that there are still alot of people out there that do eat this crap up. Some will actually vote for Perry without even looking into his past. People dont know history. They arent taught history in school anymore. Most Americans dont even know why we celebrate the 4th of July and when you tell this to people they just shrug it off like it doesnt matter. You could walk out on the street in any city of America and ask people if they would abolish the 1st ammendment and the majority would do it. Its sad. Zombies that refuse to wake up.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Of course they wouldn't let him talk. Everytime he does he shows how stupid the rest of them are. I have never seen a candidate more able to turn the tables in a debate like he can. Did I miss it or was there no poll this time as to who the audience thought won.

There's one going on here and Ron is way ahead.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I liked how he used inflation to make Bachmann look like a fool with her claim to be able to get gasoline back down to $2/gal.
They will do the same thing this time around that they did last time. They will do anything they can to keep him out of the spotlight.

Yes, I loved his .10 cent gasoline remark, that was priceless (pun intended), though if Twitter comments are any indication, the majority of Americans probably didn't understand a bit of what he was trying to say. They hear 10 cent gas and think "That's ridiculous, it could never be that low, what a crazy old fool.", never understanding the concept of inflation and fiat currency.

It's not really their fault though, the public school systems are pretty terrible at teaching real world issues, and most people are so caught up in working for an ever-increasing amount of worthless money that they can't get time to dig deep into the issues.

And that's why he is ignored- the mainstream people in this country don't want to hear him because he sounds like a loon to them. The executives at msnbc or fox or cnn don't help his image any, but ultimately it comes down to the viewers of these debates not caring. The big corporations have media pull with money...but look what happens when the regular joes threaten viewership by sending letters and calling the media...they are forced to take notice. Not enough people care to voice their opinion, and money speaks louder than words. Unless a vast many are voicing their opinions. Then the money must listen to us.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Really? Drudge has this up right now:

RON PAUL WINS AFTER SHOW POLL...
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

Results with 359 short comments Total of 48,247 votes - click on the "Display Comments" bar below to sort comments
Ron Paul 43.7% (21,078 votes)
Mitt Romney 21.3% (10,298 votes)
Rick Perry 16.3% (7,884 votes)
Jon Huntsman 7.7% (3,726 votes)
Newt Gingrich 4% (1,941 votes)
Herman Cain 2.9% (1,410 votes)
Michele Bachmann 2.7% (1,299 votes)
Rick Santorum

Errrrr kerplop fail .... .... .....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

A mannequin is one of the dummies in a store that just stands there and wears the clothes.
When they call him a "manikin" or "mannequin" they mean he just stood there doing nothing because the others wouldn't talk with him.

I don't agree with RP about several things and wouldn't vote for him, but I don't like how the media ignores him when it seems so clear that people want to hear what he has to say.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

How much do you think it would cost to put together a debate with all the candidates and television coverage? I wonder could the people put together the first independent debate of the candidates and publicize it? I could see much better questions coming from the public then from the media.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This manipulation and bias by the media is getting out of hand. People should actually be protesting this! How can the "news" get away with this constantly?

Look at this screenshot I took of the bar graph. Paul's lead is way misrepresented, a program would not make this error, this is an intentional misrepresentation that someone decided to do. Look at the percentage of Paul and Romney and look at how close they appear based on the graphic (which is what most will look at.)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
he was excluded from the debate like many other candidates, but today, he just wasn't good

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Fascinating... I went to MSNBC to look at the poll and voted so I could see the results. Even here the manipulation is SO evident.

Graphically, it looks like RP has a small lead but, if you actually look at the percentages, he has twice the votes, 44% vs. Romney in 2nd with 21% but it looks like Romney has a significant lead over Perry in 3rd with 16%.

ETA: I see you beat me to it GoGoVic
edit on 8-9-2011 by Scalded Frog because: S/A

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yet, I'm sure tomorrow we will be hearing all about how Perry and Romney 'dominated' the debate, all while their own poll clearly represents what 50,000+ voters have decided.

...perhaps I should work harder at telling people what they don't know.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I think we need to get the word out to people about this manipulation. He may have a lot of support to gain just in people that are angry at how blatantly unfair he's being treated. People are going to want to know why the media is doing this.

Here is the link to the image I posted. I already posted it on facebook. Everyone is welcome to use it.
I posted with this above it:

I don't know why media manipulation of voters isn't protested more. This is supposed to be the news. Look at the numbers of who in voters opinion won the GOP debate v.s. the visual representation between Paul and Romney. Of course most people just look at the picture.

the link:
i55.tinypic.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join