It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the Rep. debate right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I havent seen any thread thats following the republican debate on MSNBC so I decided to start one.

So far, Perry has been asked about the job growth in his state. Perry basically said "Any job creation is good at this point" when asked about why TX has one of the highest amounts of low-wage jobs.

Now Perry and Romney are going back and forth about who created more jobs, who created more jobs than they did when they were governers....
edit on 7-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

Also- there were no introductions, just straight to the questions. Hopefully this debate will be better than the last ones

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not only is Rick Perry crazy but he is proving himself to be an idiot at this debate. I was thinking that perhaps there is something special about him, well I was right... but it is not a good 'special'.

If it comes down to Romney v. Perry I am without question pro-Romney.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm watching it. RP just flubbed it re govt regulations...very confusing, disjointed answer. But it's still early.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the debate to end so I can get analysis from FOX News.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Yep watching right now.

today.msnbc.msn.com...-2

It's funny they are all bickering about how they created jobs in their state, yet, I have heard each one of these people state government does not really create the jobs. How can they take credit for creating jobs, when they created none of them?
edit on 7-9-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
When asked about jobs, Bachmann blames Obamacare for killing jobs.

Huntsman so far has said he has the best experience with dealing with other countries.

Paul was asked about taking away some federal regulations, and said leave it up to the states, the people are smart enough to know whats safe, but his answer was a little confusing at first.

ETA - Im getting the feeling this may be a Romney vs Perry debate, atleast so far in the beginning.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How is Mrs. whacko doing?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Rick Perry is doing absolutely horrible. I would be surprised if he does not fall in the polls after tonight.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I agree. This is a Romney vs. Perry debate. Now each one of them is taking lines from Ron Paul. If anyone watched Romney in 2008, he was laughing at Ron Paul. Now he sounds like he is using sound bites from Ron Paul. Also, I noticed they put Romney and Perry next to each other. No doubt to get the focus on that end of the platform.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Bachmann needs to quit talking solely about Obama's health care legislation, she is not going to get a jump after this debate. Everything is about "ObamaCare" to her.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Good god Bachman is looking extra creepy tonight.

...And whats with that guy from Utah kissing the other two governors a**es?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Make Gingrich SecDef or of State. He just bitch slapped the mods.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Newt just called out the host.
2nd debate in a row I believe. I had a feeling MSNBC would try to do something like this. This time it was over the host trying to get the candidates to fight eachother over Romney's healthcare in his state vs Perry's.

Bachmann still all about repealing Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No surprise Misoir, he has been crappy governor.
He is very much a big government guy. I have some friends that should know better that are all Perry, just because he isn't Obama and he is a Republican. That is as deep as it gets I am afraid.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Did Rick Perry just call all white people "Anglo" like the Mexicans label us?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Wow they totally skipped Ron Paul on that last round.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah he hasn't been asked a question in a while.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not to be one of those people but they are completely skipping Ron Paul. One question for Paul and like 3 for Huntsman now.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
No surprise that Dr. Paul has had only one chance to talk. Besides just not wanting him to talk, the MSM/hosts are clearly trying to push for hostility between Perry/Romney/Bachmann/Huntsman etc., for ratings. When he finally does get a chance to talk the hosts will give him a loaded question (probably regarding his view of the legalization of drugs and other HORRIBLE ideas of his!
)

Why do I even bother watching? Ugh.

I guess I at least continue to learn how ridiculous and dumb most of the other candidates are.

^^Misoir beat mean to it
Ahh there we go. Ron standing up, nice!
edit on 7-9-2011 by changetheworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2011 by changetheworld because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join