It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon To Have No-fly Zones By Month End

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
they just don't want anyone snooping around up there to find out that there isn't any junk left behind and that the pics and the whole mission was a fakery.......besides, who's moon is it anyways??????? if i wanna fly up there and float around anywhere i want to, i can, they can't tell me that I can't fly over the spot that they say they landed
hell, i'm gonna head up there right now, i'll holler back at ya'll when i get back.....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't think anything outside of the earths atmosphere should be considered any particular zone of airspace... I mean, there's no air. Its just space, not airspace.

I've always thought the concept of owning a section of "space" was the most redundant thing i've ever heard concieved, since by definition you would literally be owning nothing.

At least airspace consists of some sort of medium

(yes I know space isn't completely empty, but for all intents and purposes it is.)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I think they meant precident.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
I think they took the news of a planned pizza place on the moon a little too seriously .....

Indeed. And their promise of "Delivery in 30-minutes or less?....was a very poor marketing ploy!

Something seems fishy here folks. I have more suspicion by the things they publicly announce than the things they keep under wraps!
I always suspect they want us to look left while the focus should be, RIGHT in front of us! And this is no exception.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

slight delay with its launch today;
@NASA
The weather didn’t cooperate for NASA’s GRAIL launch. We try again tomorrow at 8:33 a.m.
www.breakingnews.com...

So on 9/9/11 @ 8:33am they launch? Those numbers reek of masonic numerics... I wonder if "weather" or "upper level winds" will postpone this new launch timing?

BIG HMMMMMM.... Tomorrow will tell

masonic dictionary

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of the government and TPTB not telling us what is going on. Im sure the technology and knowledge they posses is YEARS ahead of our spacecrafts and lunar landers. They deny deny deny about having more than one space station/base, but it is obvious with all of the activity that is going on on the Moon and the leaked cables from wiki leaks that there are several if not countless moon bases.

There is something going on up there, and enough activity to institute a "no fly zone". Hmmm maybe earth is making many more missions to the moon and know something important that the majority of the world is blind and brain washed against.

Notice how more horror alien films are just about to come out? specifically the Apollo horror movie on the moon? Any one else connecting the dots between current events, series of alien films coming out that show destruction in america. Come on everyone. Wake up

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

I think they meant precident.

I know....I was joking....

My bad......

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That will keep those pesky private commercial space companies like Bigelow and Virgin Galactic
from getting any ideas.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here's the recommendation for flight near the sites. It's a bad idea to pass directly over the sites while landing, things might not go according to plan, accidents happen. To call it a "no fly zone" is sort of silly.

“The approach path for the Descent/Landing (D/L) trajectory should be tangential to the D/L boundary in order to protect the site from off-nominal descent/landing situations,” the document noted. “The visiting vehicle should ensure no overflight of the heritage sites.”

The Apollo 11 and 17 sites (the first and last landings). Have a surface "exclusion" zone.

The exclusion zone for Apollo 11's site will result in a keep-out zone of 75 meters from the lunar module descent stage, where as the zone will extend 200-225 meters from the Apollo 17 site.

The other landing sites are less restrictive.

However, for the Apollo 12, 14, 15 and 16 sites, more access should be provided to individual components and artifacts, NASA added, allowing for future robotic missions to get within touching distance of Apollo hardware – as much as they won’t be allowed physical contact.

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

edit on 9/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
This sentance from the article sums it all up:

Of course, these recommendations will not be legally binding as the 1967 Outer Space Treaty makes it clear that the lunar surface has no owner.

Sorry people, case closed.

Since when has international law ever prevented America from getting it's way?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t
Sounds pretty legit, actually.
What with all these "space tourism" companies starting up and private spacecraft flights in the near future, they're going to have to regulate those flights. I mean, space is technically consists of "Class A" and "Class E" airspace.
edit on 8-9-2011 by upgrayeddc310t because: typo

God forbid one of those pesky space tourists plays baseball on the moon and does this:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was going to say this plan of NASAs was nonsense -- but on a hunch -- I decided to ACTUALLY read the story we are talking about... Here is what I read that I think is IMPORTANT to consider if we actually want to theorize what it is all about;

“Apollo 11 and 17 sites [will] remain off-limits, with ground-travel buffers of 75 metres and 225 metres from each respective lunar lander,” states the July 20 guidelines of NASA. Science journal had obtained the guidelines.

No legal binding

According to Science, by the end of this month NASA is expected to come up with a set of “recommendations” for spacecraft and astronauts visiting the “U.S. government property on the moon.” Of course, these recommendations will not be legally binding as the 1967 Outer Space Treaty makes it clear that the lunar surface has no owner.

Despite the lack of ownership, NASA is hopeful that other countries will respect the U.S. sentiments. Incidentally, the restriction list contains more than the historical sites. For instance, the list

>> So it's not LEGAL -- it's merely a request. And a buffer zone of 75 - 225 meters doesn't sound like much to me.... unless of course, we cannot detect the hatch to the secret base with sonar.

If we were GOING to have a conspiracy for preserving secret bases -- then I'd say the buffer zones would be many kilometers in size, and no going to the "dark side of the moon" -- where that Nazi base is located, of course.

>> Other than Indian or Chinese explorers -- I don't think we have to worry anytime very soon about tourists destroying Neal Armstrong's footprints.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
The article is a hoax. There is not a single source reported. Tabloid junk.

If you had done a little research,
you may have found this:

lucaslaursen.com...

You can read the full article in "Science" magazine if you are a member on their website, I cannot corroborate if the pdf file is a true representation of the original article but I wouldnt call it a HOAX just yet.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Are you kidding me!?! a no fly zone on the moon?

What a joke lol...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
From the You have got to be kidding me department. GRAIL launch, No fly zones on the moon for fear of disturbing moon dust? Is it just me or are they using "Deep Impact" as a script for the mother of all false flags? The "speech" tonight probably will be more interesting than JOBS, especially since it is on primetime on football's opening day. TPTB, Can we have the TRUTH... Please?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This sounds fishy remember watching pax americana and the U.S military said they owned space and they stated also that 80% of nuclear subs were off coast of China, maybe im paranoid but is WW3 coming soon

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Historical artifacts important to all humanity belong in a museum. Rather than excise a huge chunk of the moon and bring it down here, the next best thing is to designate a museum site up there. Almost all museums are "look, don't touch" type areas. Short of an impact from a meteor or some other natural space object, mans interference will be the only thing that will mess things up. I don't see a problem with at least "asking" visitors to stay back from the exhibit.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jward01
I am sick and tired of the government and TPTB not telling us what is going on. Im sure the technology and knowledge they posses is YEARS ahead of our spacecrafts and lunar landers. They deny deny deny about having more than one space station/base, but it is obvious with all of the activity that is going on on the Moon and the leaked cables from wiki leaks that there are several if not countless moon bases.

There is something going on up there, and enough activity to institute a "no fly zone". Hmmm maybe earth is making many more missions to the moon and know something important that the majority of the world is blind and brain washed against.

Notice how more horror alien films are just about to come out? specifically the Apollo horror movie on the moon? Any one else connecting the dots between current events, series of alien films coming out that show destruction in america. Come on everyone. Wake up

Ah, the old old you are all brainwashed whilst I am awake post.
It must be tough connecting all those dots.
Thanks for waking me up Jedward.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While this does have some logical resoning to thy the government would want to do this, I personally think this is a cover up of some type. I've always thought that there was always something strange about the Apollo landing sites and this furthers my beliefs.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Didn't William Cooper state we had a US and a Soviet moon base established there? Or maybe it was just Dr. Evil...

It's true the US landed on the moon first, (assuming the moon landing wasn't a hoax, which I'm still on the fence about) but who says they can dictate a 'No Flying Zone'? That would imply ownership of the illustrious orb. So where is the deed to it?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join