Moon To Have No-fly Zones By Month End

page: 9
64
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am very baffled about this. Everyone statement is all opinion, like every other conspiracy that exist, but this is a new law, so the question is why?




posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Being that no one us has ever made it there and even we don't frequent the moon very often, it seems silly to put a no fly zone there. If say the Russians or Chinese made it there, the can and will go where ever they damn well want to. Just makes the American government seem that much more like big headed idiots! Kiss my @ss NASA!



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll
 


No they have not said anything about not flying “over” them. Other than I guess the 75 meter limit may extend up to 75 meters overhead as well. But even if it does still it is 75 meters. What can they possibly hide from a distance of 75 meters?

Again I have to appeal to ATS posters. Please read the entire thread, and indeed the entire article being discussed. You read a headline and make assumptions, and then go on as if this is fact, all this does is spread misinformation and stir a pot of anger and/or fear based on ignorance.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn
 

Welcome to the space age (which began more than 50 years ago).

Such new arrivals in the near future include private robotic landers, such as those competing for the Google Lunar X PRIZE (GLXP) – as heavily referenced in the associated NASA presentation.

The GLXP has a prize fund of $30 million available to the first privately funded teams to safely land a robot on the surface of the Moon, have that robot travel 500 meters over the lunar surface, and send video, images and data back to the Earth.

There are currently 29 teams working on winning the GLXP, with $20 million on offer for the winner. The targeted landing sites for these teams are located all around the lunar surface.

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

Can't have those robots bumping into historical artifacts now, can we?
edit on 9/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetT
 


What are you talking about? Who tried to destroy the moon?

And they have not laid any claim to the moon. All they have done is “ask politely” if other visitors there would please respect these sites and not disturb them by keeping 75 meters away is all. Again I repeat and stress

75 meters

. What is so terrible about 75 meters? If you go to a museum or many historical sites on earth you are not allowed to climb on them or touch the displays. Why is it so hard to understand? At 75 meters they can’t hide any secrets. If you want pictures take them. At 75 meters you will get pictures just as good as if you were at 1 meter.

People here on ATS are so hungry for a reason to bash NASA or whoever their pet conspiracy target is they absolutely refuse to listen to reason. I challenge anybody bashing this request to give even one valid reason why it is bad, or should not be granted by other nations and indeed private citizens.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How do they plan on
enforcing this?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
How do they plan on
enforcing this?


what a ridiculous question...
red light cameras and cops on bikes hiding behind bill boards.

Oh and incidentally im going ahead and claiming a no fly zone anywhere near the sun.

and for the people justifying this stupid law....well what can i say. if you can justify a law that doesnt apply to anybody for another 50 to 60 years you must have moon rocks in your head.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All the people bashing this idea and spouting “conspiracy” really need to back up and read the article. Nobody is claiming the moon; nobody is stating they have any legal right to prevent the disturbance. They have requested people respect these sites of their own volition, to not go there and destroy the historic landmarks. They have not tried to make it any sort of legal issue. It is a request to humanity to respect history and not continue the self destructive behavior we exhibit here on earth. With gangs tagging objects in our cities, vandals destroying monuments or natural phenomena just because they think it is funny. They are not saying they will try to enforce this in any way; it is a call for humanity to respect the past is all. There will not be any “Moon Patrol, “ but too bad as a movie like “Troopers” based on the antics of the Moon Police would be sweet.

The request is for people to remain 75 meters away. This is nothing many natural and historical monuments have this very same system in place. You can’t go climb the pyramids or the sphinx, you are not allowed to touch Lenin’s coffin, you are not allowed to handle the crown jewels, you are not allowed to go near Stonehenge. Why should this be any different?

The requested distance of 75 meters is nothing. There is no way they can hide any secrets at 75 meters you will be able to see and photograph the Landers in detail. A picture at 75 meters will be just as good as one taken from 1 meter. If you want to record every nick or scratch on the Lander you will be able to, 75 meters is spitting distance on the moon. So I guess if you really want to, you can get out of your suit and spit on it just to show your barbaric natures. But if this is your worry just go do it from 1 inch, as there will be nobody there trying to prevent you from doing so. As they have stated, they know there is no legal right to prevent this. They understand it is a call to manners and decorum. But after reading many posts here on ATS I can see that many people do not know what these words mean.

If you read up on this and not just react out of fear and hatred you will see they have not even requested that all the landing sites have this zone. Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 they have only requested visitors do not touch the hardware itself. They are ok with you going up to it and examining it in minute detail from inches away. They just request you do not touch it and perhaps accidentally destroy it, thereby preventing those that come after you from seeing it.

There is absolutely no conspiracy here; there is no outlandish claims by NASA or the U.S. that they own any piece of the moon. There is no attempt to prevent orbiting craft from flying directly overhead. They only wish to keep the more historic sites intact, by not allowing surface contact within that zone. Everybody needs to get a grip and come back to reality.
edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
All the people bashing this idea and spouting “conspiracy” really need to back up and read the article. Nobody is claiming the moon; nobody is stating they have any legal right to prevent the disturbance. They have requested people respect these sites of their own volition, to not go there and destroy the historic landmarks. They have not tried to make it any sort of legal issue. It is a request to humanity to respect history and not continue the self destructive behavior we exhibit here on earth. With gangs tagging objects in our cities, vandals destroying monuments or natural phenomena just because they think it is funny. They are not saying they will try to enforce this in any way; it is a call for humanity to respect the past is all. There will not be any “Moon Patrol, “ but too bad as a movie like “Troopers” based on the antics of the Moon Police would be sweet.

The request is for people to remain 75 meters away. This is nothing many natural and historical monuments have this very same system in place. You can’t go climb the pyramids or the sphinx, you are not allowed to touch Lenin’s coffin, you are not allowed to handle the crown jewels, you are not allowed to go near Stonehenge. Why should this be any different?

The requested distance of 75 meters is nothing. There is no way they can hide any secrets at 75 meters you will be able to see and photograph the Landers in detail. A picture at 75 meters will be just as good as one taken from 1 meter. If you want to record every nick or scratch on the Lander you will be able to, 75 meters is spitting distance on the moon. So I guess if you really want to, you can get out of your suit and spit on it just to show your barbaric natures. But if this is your worry just go do it from 1 inch, as there will be nobody there trying to prevent you from doing so. As they have stated, they know there is no legal right to prevent this. They understand it is a call to manners and decorum. But after reading many posts here on ATS I can see that many people do not know what these words mean.

If you read up on this and not just react out of fear and hatred you will see they have not even requested that all the landing sites have this zone. Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 they have only requested visitors do not touch the hardware itself. They are ok with you going up to it and examining it in minute detail form inches away. They just request you do not touch it and perhaps accidentally destroy it, thereby preventing those that come after you from seeing it.

There is absolutely no conspiracy here; there is no outlandish claims by NASA or the U.S. that they own any piece of the moon. There is no attempt to prevent orbiting craft from flying directly overhead. They only wish to keep the more historic sites intact, by not allowing surface contact within that zone. Everybody needs to get a grip and come back to reality.
edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)



these are the same morons that lost the original moon landing tapes?? yes??

yeah they sure do value history. so much so they dont know where the original tapes are located. lol nice try.


Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits

www.reuters.com... MK20090716
edit on 8-9-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The aliens are probably sittin up there by the moon waiting...



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd
 


So you are saying if you lose a video you made of your child’s 1st birthday, that you should no longer care about this child’s safety?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
reply to post by GrassyKnoll
 


No they have not said anything about not flying “over” them. Other than I guess the 75 meter limit may extend up to 75 meters overhead as well. But even if it does still it is 75 meters. What can they possibly hide from a distance of 75 meters?

Again I have to appeal to ATS posters. Please read the entire thread, and indeed the entire article being discussed. You read a headline and make assumptions, and then go on as if this is fact, all this does is spread misinformation and stir a pot of anger and/or fear based on ignorance.


Umm I've read this article from start to finish three times.

Maybe you should read the first two lines of the article very carefully. I'll post them for you:




No-fly zones will come into effect on the moon for the very first time by the end of this month! Why, even buffer zones that spacecraft may have to avoid will come into existence.


"Buffer zones that spacecraft may have to avoid."

"Buffer zones that spacecraft may have to avoid."

"Buffer zones that spacecraft may have to avoid."



Spacecraft fly over buffer zones

Spacecraft fly over buffer zones

Spacecraft fly over buffer zones



The buffer zones(Apollo sites) include the space above them.

The buffer zones(Apollo sites) include the space above them.

The buffer zones(Apollo sites) include the space above them.


Clear now?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Out of all of them, I have to say this is a weird one. That explanation is completely random aswell, just doesnt make sense. Who would be flying past the moon anyway?

Its not like there are roads that pass the moon that commuters take everyday, theres only the shuttle that could fly past the moon and spray rocket fuel dust about or whatever??




My thoughts exactly
Who the hell is just flying around near the moon? They make it sound like it's some kind of demolition zone or a construction zone of some sort. Do they mean satellites or something? BTW, who's out their flying around anyway...what the hell is going on? If this is true. I'm confused as hell
edit on 9/8/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll
 


No you need to read it again. Of course they are spacecraft; they traveled through space to get to the moon. The so called “No fly zone” does not extend to orbit. It covers very specifically the area around the sites at ground level. You really need to go read this and not take the sensationalized hype at face value. The OP only linked the one article to the subject. Read the entire thread there are many links to other sources that report more of the story that the article in the OP left out. Do a bit a research and not just accept the small amounts of data in that original article as the whole truth.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1
 


There is currently something like 20 companies competing in a competition to be the first civilians on the moon. Japan is even looking at an idea to make a hotel on the moon for tourists. Other Government like China and Russia are still doing research on the moon. There are currently missions there now collecting data. The moon did not cease to be an object of interest after the Apollo missions stopped. It is very much an active research site to this day.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
reply to post by TiM3LoRd
 


So you are saying if you lose a video you made of your child’s 1st birthday, that you should no longer care about this child’s safety?


no what im saying is IF as you so emotionally put it NASA is all teary eyed about its historic accomplishments and held such high regard for the significance of landing a man on the moon they would have taken a bit more care in storing the video of humanities greatest achievement. I think you need to re address your logic. im not sure WHY NASA doesnt want people messing about up there. BUT i know for a fact its not because they care so much about what they did. ACTIONS speak louder than stupid laws. And their negligence in the matter of handling the video tapes clearly show they dont care. so dont try to give me this NASA is upset people are going to disturb historic locations story because it doesnt fly.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd
 


Again this is not a LAW it is a request. And your logic is still failed. Just because you lose the video you made of your child’s 1st birthday does not imply you do not care about this child’s safety. It just means something happened to this video. You can still care for the child; you can still wish others to respect this child. You do not need to abandon the child just because you lost the birthday movie.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River
 


Because you can't read or have zero comprehension, it's not a law it's is a simple request skippy.

Does anybody read the thread or actual link before they display their ignorance here?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
reply to post by TiM3LoRd
 


Again this is not a LAW it is a request. And your logic is still failed. Just because you lose the video you made of your child’s 1st birthday does not imply you do not care about this child’s safety. It just means something happened to this video. You can still care for the child; you can still wish others to respect this child. You do not need to abandon the child just because you lost the birthday movie.


lol first of all stop anthropomorphizing the moon landing site and its artifacts ( including astronaut feces WTF? )

its is NOT a child, your analogy is flawed. In terms of historic moments a childs first birthday doesnt even fall close to the importance of landing a man on the moon.. ARE you serious? Dude they lost the original tapes of landing a man on the moon. thats like losing the footage to the first time travel experiment that went back in time and recorded jesus or dinosaurs. dont you get the importance?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
No source ehhh? I suppose we have to buy all the mags that state such information? Nice advertising.





new topics
top topics
 
64
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum