It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King has 'disturbing trend' of serving undercooked meat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

That's good to know...it was one of those things I got to see as a teenager that I wished I hadn't. I actually liked the chili before then!
Perhaps they have stopped using the old procedure due to stricter codes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Mmmm....definitely bacon and cheese. And ice cold beers, too? Yeah, way beats Burger King drive-thru.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Nanny State, call the Food Police! How many people have died eating a Whopper? Answer, unless you count people pulling a Mama Cass, none. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Yup, they use that special grill that gives you that char-broiled flavor. That's why a Whopper is so much better tasting than a cardboard Big Mac, which is all mushy and tastes like, well, cardboard. I don't eat either because I don't think the protein to calorie ratio is very good. If you want a good value, try a plain hamburger at McDonald's. At 89 cents it can feed you with nothing fancy added: ketchup, mustard, reconstituted onions, a pickle or two and a small beef patty, plus some plain old bread. Don't tell me it's full of poison and will kill you. Otherwise my 100 year old grandmother, who loved them, would never have reached 100.

But here comes the Food Police who will compel you to cook meat until it is very well done, read: dessicated, when the fact is, a medium rare steak, or hamburger, tastes a whole lot better. But somebody listened to the Dori Monson show, where he thinks he's got an "exclusive!" so now we have to listen to passionate cries of how bad Burger King is.

If you don't like 'em, don't eat 'em, but screw the Nanny State and those who need to be "protected." Leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If it taste good its bad for you lol. I'm suprised they gave someone that burger with uncooked cheese.

If you actually look at the amount of sodium someone consumes in one day on average, its mind blowing. I think sodium is going to be a silent killer in the future and it is going to cause alot of problems with peoples cardiovascular system. Try and do it in a day and see how much you take in, I don't eat salt if I don't have too.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Great now Im hungry

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
Great now Im hungry

Here...

In today's economy it's all I can afford.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66c60e8d1aa2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ahhh, Burger King. I haven't been there in years, as I am a loyal McDonald's fan. I agree with the post above, this thread is making my mouth water just thinking about greasy, fast cheeseburgers. I wouldn't say that I've ever been addicted to fast food, but there have been times in my life when eating a meal from mcDonald's was comforting... perhaps I have some issues regarding food...

And whatever happened with Taco Bell? Last I heard they were serving "meat"? I heard rumors that they weren't allowed to call their beef "beef" anymore?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That burger looks pretty crappy....

The Burger King in my neighborhood seems alright. I never had a problem with them under cooking my meat.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think BK's Whopper is a pretty damn good burger. Btw, in Canada, I have never had an experience with undercooked meat at BK. Long live the Whopper!

However, I do have to say I rarely eat out nowadays ever since I researched how burger patties and chicken at these fast food restaurants are prepared. I'll be sticking to home cooked organic meats thank you very much!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So I can get a Med-Rare burger at BK now? May have to go back after many years. Nothing more disgusting than a cooked burger. Pretty commie if you ask me. Need some greasy blood dripping and soaking the bun or its just a piece of hot beef jerky in between a couple pieces of bread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Aren't they among the few fast food chains that are about to accept food stamps?

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. This is geared towards the non-rich (seeing 40 million are now on food assistance programs) They want us sick and dying so we'll be among the first 5-billion slated to die (by the hands of the PTB) by 2012!!

Ya know, although I was kinda just kidding, that's not so far-fetched after all! Hmmmmmm

PS I haven't eaten fast food in over 20 years. And you shouldn't either!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I repair catering equipment for a living.

I have spent many hours over the years repairing gear in Burger King, Hungry Jacks and Macca's.

I dont eat takeaway at all.

Say anything?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I stopped eating there after I got a bacon cheeseburger and the bacon was completely raw. blech

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I actually worked a season at Burger King in canada. I was ont "the borads - burger builder, lol. My job was to get the patties cooked and prepared. At each shift change test patties were put through the griller, and several were checked by thermometer for doneness. We were flawless at this, and there is no excuse for any other bk to not have the same measures. Their was a recurring issue with the stove for a while, it would lose heat. But my job was to keep an eye on it. I could tell by look and even smell if the burgers were done. If i doubted, the batch was chucked int o the garbage and the testing would begin right away. I even saved them from a shipment of freezer burned meat.
It sounds ot me that either they do not have the same standards there, or people are not doing their jobs And you know they arent exactly hard jobs to do!
Some people!! I will still eat at BK, at least locally since i trust these branches with my health.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I love my Hungry Jacks. I always check the meat though. No, I haven't gotten food poisoning yet and I'm 27.

Australia does have better food standards I think.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Aren't they among the few fast food chains that are about to accept food stamps?

Yes, read that today - Burger King and Taco Bell.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
I repair catering equipment for a living.

I have spent many hours over the years repairing gear in Burger King, Hungry Jacks and Macca's.

I dont eat takeaway at all.

Say anything?

Of course. I cooked at a fast food joint (not a chain). One day a partial box of onion rings dropped and broke. I fired them up and ate them. It took me about ten years before I could even look at an onion ring again!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
great! Now I want an angry whopper!! Man, those things are tasty. So glad I dont work there anymore or I would be the size of a house from all the angry whoppers I would have eaten. Really, I never had an issue with the meat. It prob helps that it is cooked straight from frozen, so there is prob less chance of it ever getting any bacteria in it. Some say frozen sucks, but i never thought that. I like to know my food is never at room temp, TBH. And besides, it is a wafer thin patty. All it needs is a bit of flame for flame flavor, then the rest is all toppings. I am pickier with the cut of steak i like, but a patty? give me frozen over wendy's "never frozen" ANY day

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join