It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King has 'disturbing trend' of serving undercooked meat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

I think saying 'additives' make you addicted to food is a cop out instead of taking responsibility for ones eating habits.

Completely agree. What are these additives? I do recall there was something in fast food that tended to make people hungrier, but addicted?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Personally, I like my hamburgers done medium..almost on the med/rare side. I know its bad for you, but I still take a bite of raw hamburger before cooking it at home.
Guess it's the caveman in me. Never had a problem from it though.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bunnydisaster

I always want to do that when I make hamburgers. I always wuss out because I remember the Jack In The Box scare and I would rather not poo blood.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunnydisaster
Personally, I like my hamburgers done medium..almost on the med/rare side. I know its bad for you, but I still take a bite of raw hamburger before cooking it at home.
Guess it's the caveman in me. Never had a problem from it though.

It might in fact be the caveman in you. Apparently you still have a functioning appendix. You should get yourself to a medical research facility as soon as possible.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I live in Washington state and I have not eaten at a Burger King for several years.....and I only eat at a fast food place...at the most....2 times a year and then I order soup, salad, or yogurt and fruit. Thank you for reporting this.

Nowadays.....if I want a burger...I get some organic ground turkey......and make my own at home...at least I know what I am getting then!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am not surprised, I used to work there myself, I was disgusted with a few things I saw there. They stored meat for sometimes up to 4 hours after being cooked in some plastic containers aswell. Sometimes you couldn't tell which ones were there the longest so it is possible people ate patties that were cooked 8+ hours after being cooked. Since the restaurant gets busy, Ive witnessed employees cook hundreds of patties in advance in order to keep up with the incoming crowds. "time is money". This was a few years ago tho, not sure if things have changed. But I stopped eating there after seeing these things happen.

The other problem is how the managers treat their employees. They send you to do different things at once instead of just having one guy on the fries, another making the burgers etc. Things would get worse when ever a few employees called in sick, so drastic measures were taken in order to keep up. Because of this, employees are heavily stressed out and all they want is to try and keep up for 8 hours and just go home.

Ive also worked at Wendy's, I have to say, no complaints here, the work place was always great, the patties are hand cooked and always fresh. I was the fry guy in charge of always keeping the fries in check. They literally pride themselves for having fresh food, and their reputation (least in the restaurant I worked at) ring true. I still eat there when ever i get the chance. But I refuse to eat at burger king after what I saw.

(for the record, I didn't contribute to this type of behavior, most of these things DOES happen behind the managers back without being seen by the camera. )

edit on 7-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Throughout my life I have had many addictions. Drugs, cigarettes, caffeine, sex etc. I've tried kicking at least one of these at one point and know what withdrawals feel like.

I did have a fast food problem at some point when I first started mt current career. Being on the road alot meant less time for breakfast and supper with the family. My new family became Ronald and his band of merry mutants. We dined beneath the golden arches many a time. When I approached the 300 lb point I decided it was time to break it off with my friend who wore the big red shoes. It was harder than quitting smoking.

Withdrawals couldn't even describe what it felt like. Regular food wouldn't make me feel full. It didn't even taste good. Everytime I saw the arches I would get extremely hungry even if I had just eaten. And the urge to go and eat that crap was stronger than it was when I quit smoking and drugs combined.

You can make yourself addicted to anything. Fats are also exremely addictive. For once you start consuming mass amounts of fat your body doesn't want you to stop doing so. Its a proven fact. I'm not denying that I had a problem. I did . Its under control now. Even though I believe the stuff to be poison, I still get strong urges every now and again.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I would agree when it comes to Wendy's. I worked there a looooooong time ago but the food was fresh. The chili on the other hand??? Not so much.
Maybe they've changed the way they make it by now...it was pretty long ago..
edit on 7-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
BK is about the only fat food I mean fast food joint I'll consider eating at once in a great while even after reading this thread.

WHY?

It still beats the hell out of McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

that looks disgusting, why would you ever eat that? the cheese is barely even melted lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Wendy's chilli is made from reprocessed hobos.

Lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Nowadays.....if I want a burger...I get some organic ground turkey......and make my own at home...at least I know what I am getting then!

Can I come over?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

LOL, you're not too far off!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I had a ground turkey burger ONCE. It was the nasty thing I've ever eaten.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I wonder who the owner of Burger King pissed off lately. There's always an agenda with media. Last week it was the story about the Burger King that had to be shut down due to flies. This week it's the meat. Next week it will be something else.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Chili is passable though, and its mostly made from burnt patties, The managers were critical on not putting burnt patties on the burgers. But it never went to waste since it does make excellent chilli. With all the ingredients added and all.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
BK is about the only fat food I mean fast food joint I'll consider eating at once in a great while even after reading this thread.

WHY?

It still beats the hell out of McDonalds.

I wonder if you would say that after having worked there lol. But There are restaurants that do things right, but its the bad apples that ruins it for the rest of them,

either way, ill stick with Jr. Bacons

edit: I agree with the Mc donalds bit tho
but thankfully I never worked there, so I dont really know what goes on there. I just know I got sick out of eating there quite a few times.
edit on 7-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yeah, except sometimes those left over burnt patties would sit on the grill all day..then it would sit in a pan of water in a cooler for sometimes DAYS until they decided to actually make chili out of it. It may be up to code, but definitely not fresh.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
An irate employee once urinated in my burger and threw it at an elderly woman that wasn't even associated with my dinner party. We were given a coupon for a free McFlurry.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Yeah, except sometimes those left over burnt patties would sit on the grill all day..then it would sit in a pan of water in a cooler for sometimes DAYS until they decided to actually make chili out of it. It may be up to code, but definitely not fresh.

Oh, well in that case I never seen that happen. Least in the one I worked at, So it's possible that it did change. I know after the burnt patties got off the grill it went straight into making the chilli itself.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bunnydisaster

Time permitting I prefer to grill my own at home.

Awesome.

Fresh ground beef with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, onions, sharp cheddar cheese.
I might even sneak a couple of pieces of bacon in there.

Wash it all down with an ice cold brew [or two] maybe three...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join